3. ToS
    4. Voy
    5. TNG

1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. Ent.
    4. ToS
    5. Voy

I really liked the concept of how war goes in space. DS9 really hit on the future not being perfect.

TNG -> Enter -> original -> Voyager -> DS9

DS9 is last because I consider it a crappy version of B5
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

that's easy:

1. DS9 - this one is a grower, hated it first but once I got into it, wow. great stories and characters. sisko is a badass.
    2. TNG - what's to say, it's fucking TNG
    3. Voyager - good one but way too much silliness in later seasons
    4. Enterprise - liked it but could have been so much better. and why oh why did they have to fuck with borg yet again, that was so cheap.

haven't seen TOS *ducks*

1. TNG - Simply great cast and tons great stories. Introduced a ton of characters, lore, races, and technobabble that most of the other shows were based around. It was the stage setter for most future shows. It also didn't stray to far from the TOS in feel and story telling which I think was very important. It not only honored the original show, but also expanded upon it. Let us just forget about their movies. They were terrible minus maybe one.

2. DS9 - The political and religious views / stances discussed in this show are pretty deep. It was also a 'good' feeling know that even in Star Trek there was still a dark side to humans and the galaxy and that it wasn't all utopia. Sisko was a really deep captain and the way he managed to pull off all sides of being human, starfleet captain, religious figure and legendary war hero was top notch. He also grew so much as a character which isn't something you see very much in Star Trek.

3. TOS - What can you say it was the classic that got it all started. It didn't have as much tech to fall back on so it certainly had to make up with it with chemistry between the cast. It doesn't miss out. You get the sense that all of these people are really friends flying around the galaxy finding the worst of the worst situations to step in. If you can get over the over acting of the 60's and bland sets (again product of the 60s) you will find a very deep and well told sci-fi story. I just know it is hard for younger people to see though those things sometimes. I didn't until I got older. But the movies from this show were by far the best.

4. VOY - I consider this show 2 different ones. You had the first 3 or so seasons that were total and utter garbage. Sure it had a gem here or there but meh. After that point the show suddenly evolves into a pretty good Star Trek show. The doctor was OUTSTANDING, and 7 of 9 gave the show some flavor (not to mention eye candy!). If the show would have started off like it ended it would have likely competed for one of the higher spots. But instead it finds itself here.

5. ENT - I just have to say the opening credits is just so GAH. I admit I have the DVD collection and if I sit though that more than 10 seconds I want to flip a table over. It's cast had some really good picks. But it also had some pretty bad ones. I enjoyed Archer, T'Pol, and Trip -- I should add in Shran as well. The rest of them I kind of wish I could forget. This show also suffered for the same thing VOY went though. It didn't know what it was at the start. So the first season was just kind of all over the place. Then it went into a DS9 style story for a season / season and a half and then it got into something that I feel would have worked. But it took to long and got canceled.

Deleted
    1. DS9
    2. VOY
    3. TNG
    4. Enterprise
    5. TOS. - To outdated to watch now, a lot of it was very cringy, and if im honest terrible acting at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to worst, though not saying that ENT was actually a bad show:

1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. Voy
    4. TOS
    5. ENT

I love the fact in DS9 that they cannot simply fly away from "This weeks conflict" but they have to bear the results. I'm also a fan of Babylon 5, so there.
    And I still say that my childrens names are coincidental names of Star Trek characters: My son Julian Alexander was in no way named after Dr. Julian Bashir (played by Alexander Siddig), nor was my daughter Kathryn named after Capt. Kathryn Janeway.

And on a similar coincidence, right now I'm watching DS9 Season 3 and VOY Season 1 in my quest to watch all Star Trek in chronological Stardate order.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Deleted
    I can't really say which one was the best, since they all have their ups and downs in my opinion. So I'll just list them by timeline and write a sentence about how I liked them.

ENT - Loved it, it showed the "Alien" and Robust side of Star Trek, the Alien part especially is something I usually missed in other Star Trek series, especially TOS.

TOS - Mostly boring, focused too much around Humans. Maybe it's because it is very old and the way it was shot was just uninteresting for me. I loved captain Kirk though! Probably my favourite captain! He has that "Renegade" type feel to him.

TNG - Liked it, sometimes a bit bland, but mostly Alright! Hated Wesley though and all the deal with Starfleet Academy. Riker was awesome though! <3

DS9 - Loved it, the Military face of Star Trek, also Ferengi episodes are the best! <3 Sisko however seemed a bit off for me, I don't know if he's a bad actor or his character is just off. Would love to spank Kira though, meow!

VOY - Loved it! The Borg were awesome <3 Hated Kes though, she was a bland character, never understood how an awesome fun guy like Neelix got together with Kes ... Tuvok is probably my favourite Vulcan! Man he's awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) DS9. The first three seasons were weaker, however, the remainder of DS9 was simply legendary. Good stories, good characters, good setting.
    Favourite episode(s): In Pale Moonlight, Siege of AR-558, Trials and Tribble-ations; Least favourite episode(s): Can't think of any (but it's likely one of the early ones)
    2) TNG. A bit mellow, but, it was the Star Trek TV series I begun with. It was good, and most of the show did quite good; just its Federation seemed somewhat empty x)
    Favourite episode(s): Best of the Both Worlds; Least favourite episode(s): All Good Things...
    3) ENT, Season 2 (second half), 3 and 4. Well done an attempt to bring high a show that was before quite dead. The crew fleshed out quite well.
    Favourite episode(s): Regeneration, the Vulcan arc episodes, second half of Season 3, North Star; Least favourite episode(s): These Are The Voyages...
    4) TOS. I have to say, while some of the stories were good, it was too old fashioned for me. It was a nice watch in TV, though.
    Favourite episode(s): Can't really think of any; Least favourite episode(s): Can't really think of any.
    5) TAS. As cartoony as a Star Trek could be. It did a good work where it tried, though.
    Favourite episode(s): Yesteryear; Least favourite episode(s): Can't really think of any.
    6) Voyager. The show simply didn't work for me, apart for a few episodes (mostly some of the twoparters). It felt as if the production team took rejected TNG scripts and tried to do something with them, especially in the start.
    Favourite episode(s): Dark Frontier; Least favourite episode(s): Caretaker, Human Error, Endgame
    7) ENT, Season 1 and first half of Season 2. Dear Q. Apart for a few episodes (Shuttlepod One, for example), it simply didn't stand up to the standard, and one can't even speak of it shining. It had probably the worst pilot in Star Trek history.
    Favourite episode(s): Shuttlepod One; Least favourite episode(s): Broken Bow, Fight or Flight, Singularity
    Disclaimer: All are written from my point of view exclusively; I am not pretending to have an unbiased view or anything near.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2014-05-26 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. DS9 : I loved it right at the first episode. Great story arcs, great characters, great villains, great secondary characters that made the station a real living place. Heck! I even liked Morn who was little more than greenery... And that singing Kilngon cook, haha! It had also the greatest character synergy of all the shows : Sisko-Kira, Sisko-Dax, Dax-Worf, O'Brien-Bashir, Bashir-Garak, Kira-Odo, Odo-Quark, etc. It even redeemed the Ferengi, who were just dreadful in TNG.

2. TNG : I began watching it at Season 3, which was a good thing because the first two seasons were not very good. However, when the Enterprise's crew got involved in the Klingon civil war and met the Borg, the show became awesome. Great characters and the best captain of all the shows. It retained the optimism of TOS, almost to a flaw. It's like humans became perfect, which is not very interesting. It changed later on as the seasons went by.

3. TOS : TOS main flaw is its age. It is hard to go beyond the cardboard sets and the way it was filmed. However, it had some of the best sci-fi writers of the time, so it gave some of the most thought provoking episodes of ST, especially in the tumultuous 60's. But, yeah some episode were horrible too. The trio Kirk-Spock-McCoy was what made this show most enjoyable, with Kirk being the middleman between the aloof and rational Spock and the down to earth, emotional McCoy. I would like to see fans remake one episode of the series without changing anything in the story and dialogues, but with today's special effects and filming techniques. I believe most would think this show, though aged, was very good.

4. Voyager : I liked the idea of a smaller vessel stranded in the unknowned. I though it was a return to the basis of Star Trek. The Alpha Quadrant in the 24th Century is charted territory, so TNG was less about exploring strange new worlds. However, the first few seasons were struggling to find themselves. Some characters potential got wasted, like Kes. I liked the idea of a very short living species, but her character was so bland. The vilains had potential : the clanic Kazon, the desperate Vidians. However, the Kazon turned out to be cheap Klingons. It's only when they met the Borg and Species... Numbersomething, that it became very entertaining. It tells much when the most interesting character of the show is the holographic doctor. Still, I enjoyed the show, and was sad when it ended.

5. Enterprise : The show was not that bad. Sure, the first two seasons were not that good, but so was TNG. Season 3 and 4 were not that bad either. But they ruined everything with one of the most horrid closing episodes of all series. Which leaves a bad taste.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
    1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. Voy
    4. TOS
    5. ENT
    +1

DS9 is my favorite by far. Not just because it's the biggest in scope (subject matter, overall story arc, interpersonal relationships etc.) but also because it has most of my favorite characters and IMO the best actors next to TNG.
    I watched the entire series once with one episode a day, and I'll admit I got a bit emotional at the final episode when they showed the character flashbacks. I was so disappointed it had ended, because I realized that none or very few (sci-fi) TV shows would ever keep me so entertained for a long time.

For the more isolated episodes about exploration, strange phenomena, aliens etc. TNG and VOY are the best. TNG has the best overall quality in that aspect. VOY episodes are either hit or miss from beginning to end (+ most of the characters suck).

TOS for the cool factor and Spock, otherwise just too cheezy and dated.

As for ENT: I managed a few times to get past the dreadful theme song, but it just couldn't hold my interest and the characters seemed very bland.
    Last edited by deepr; 2014-05-30 at 04:39 PM.

1. Voy- great cast/chrs each of them had depth and each member of the crew developed, great 2 parters, storyline lines didn't drag (although yes I know it was one massive story arc to get home but the mini ones I mean).

2. TNG - a great reboot of ToS characters interesting, creative writing, this was a toughie and close between Voy but too many episodes of TNG lacked conviction and when you do a marathon of Voy you feel slightly cheating by skipping episodes you may not particularly like, where as watching a TNG marathon you could skip quite a few episodes and feel like you didn't miss anything

3. ToS- a series of firsts - inter racial on screen kiss re-launch of a cancelled show after so many years off air and others, it paved the way for ST that it is today without it this thread would not exist

4. DS9- the main cast was lame so much so they relied upon the biggest supporting cast of all the ST series to keep interest and keep it kinda fresh, plus there were for me too many characters that annoyed the crap out of me, also the emissary stuff bored me to tears I know it was ST's way of tackling religion but it just added nothing to the series, oh and it was too easy to skip 10 episodes and pick it up again and not much had changed but sisko's haircut and Jake looked older oh and Keiko O'Brien got more annoying, so much so now that when I do re-watch DS9 from start to finish I add my own commentary it makes it easier to watch.

5. Ent- seriously a prequel series - worst instalment of ST ever! I'd watch the animated series any day, I know to some extent it's sci-fi and there should always be a reasonable explanation but so many continuity errors, the crew were boring and very unlikable, it was more the Scott Bakula and friends show in space, one of it's redeeming features was Jolene Blalock but that was prob the series only saving grace, my only joy from this show was when it was cancelled just a shame it wasn't cancelled earlier or even made at all.