Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lock and Load vs Kill Shot

Is a lock and load proc always better to use than kill shots or is there a number of consecutive explosive shots before which kill shot is better to use?

Just weave it into your LnL procs honestly, should be just fine doing that.

Deleted
    Weave it in, don't weave it in, honestly doesn't matter much. I usually tend to just spam explosive shot if I have trinket up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I weave it in, its doesnt really matter much either way

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually use kill shot first. The buff of lock and load last a bit, and kill shot hits very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    I usually use kill shot first. The buff of lock and load last a bit, and kill shot hits very hard.
    Umm.. What ?

Hey you never know sometimes your arm might spaz out and the KS hits the boss in the eye or something idk

It doesn't matter what you do.

I personally only weave it between explosives on bosses like Immer where you are guaranteed to have to wait another gcd to get the second kill shot off and will need to weave another ability in regardless.

Deleted
    I blam all of my Explosive Shots first and get it back on cooldown as fast as I can, then I use my two Kill Shots after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Yeah this is what I do now but if I have a lock and load proc rolling when the boss goes to 20% I keep going with it and delay kill shot. I was wondering what other hunters do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Umm.. What ?

Chance at 2 back to back 400k+ crits isn't bad damage.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...&ability=53351

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post

Chance at 2 back to back 400k+ crits isn't bad damage.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...&ability=53351
    800k damage for a 2 second "cast time" plus travel time is under 400k DPS - and that requires both of them to crit.

Trying to rationalize what order you put them in using reasoning such as their cooldowns, proc durations or how much damage one happens to do at some random point in a fight is stupid and pretty much proves your entire knowledge of your class is based on anecdotal crap. The reality is that as it doesn't matter what order you do them in and no one can prove that either way is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Trying to rationalize what order you put them in using reasoning such as their cooldowns, proc durations or how much damage one happens to do at some random point in a fight is stupid and pretty much proves your entire knowledge of your class is based on anecdotal crap.
    rofl 10char

Deleted
    Trying to rationalize what order you put them in using reasoning such as their cooldowns, proc durations or how much damage one happens to do at some random point in a fight is stupid and pretty much proves your entire knowledge of your class is based on anecdotal crap. The reality is that as it doesn't matter what order you do them in and no one can prove that either way is correct.
    Well this cheered up the mood

Beepjeepbuzzkill

I can't tell if you're trolling or just an asshole trying to sound smart.

One explosive shot does more damage than one kill shot on average. If both are free, then the obvious answer is to use Explosive shot. If LnL is not up, the zero cost + CD of kill shot makes it take priority over the cost + potential reset of ES.

Disc priests have no say on hunter matters.

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    I can't tell if you're trolling or just an asshole trying to sound smart.
    He is a well known smart ass on the hunters forums, allthough luckily he isn't that active here anymore as he used to be. Just don't get baited into responding to his posts. He's up to no good.