View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    ANYONE could vote. So it was a flawed system from the get go.
    Even multiple times.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    If you're going to use another example, use a proper one. "Bring enough for the whole class" usually is because a person brought something just for themselves and not the other ~29 kids in the class. The proper example would be you made enough for the whole class, but only brought enough for half of the class sitting on the left side of the classroom, then told the other half "well if you sat on the left side of the classroom instead of the right side, you would have had some too."

Assuming 100% of everyone playing for both factions voted, maybe. But the way it was set up, anyone could vote. Active players, inactive players, people that have never downloaded the game.

ANYONE could vote. So it was a flawed system from the get go.
    These were my orginal analogies:

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So, it's a "he got a lollipop and I want one too" or "he got one and I didn't. It's not fair" mentality?
    The "class" one was to a different comment and didn't refer to the same complaint that was being made. It was meant to say "bring in both choppers or none at all, because it's not fair to only bring in one factions".
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2014-06-05 at 11:48 PM.

Accept that the Alliance faction lost and be mature about it - instead of acting like some kid on a playground that lost at a game.

In a voting contest where anyone could vote, account or no, and even multiple times by deleting your cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    In a voting contest where anyone could vote, account or no, and even multiple times by deleting your cookies.
    But Allaince players could of done the same thing. It wasn't an exclusive "cheat" to only Horde players.

But Allaince players could of done the same thing. It wasn't an exclusive "cheat" to only Horde players.

That isn't relevant. They could have easily made it a one-time vote where you had to be logged in to vote, and after that, you would be locked out of voting again. They could have easily done that, and there would not have been a doubt about whether it was truly legitimate. They decided to be amateurs for some inexplicable reason. Whether or not x or y side could have done something about it is irrelevant. They still made a poll where the votes couldn't be 100% trusted to be legitimate. That was their mistake.
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

It's ok, Horde fanboys are always louder, that's how they get all the attention.

I'll just make up for it by killing a few extra orc npcs in SoO and maybe killing some NPCs in Horde towns in WoD. Put my Draenei's hoof through some empty Orc skulls :P
    The Ten Commandments of Internet Angstheism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Even multiple times.
    Which completely nullifies the accountability of the voting system. Anyone could vote and vote 1000 times a day if they really wanted too.

Both will end up in the game as a 10 year gift to players.
    I like turtles

Do you have answers to your own questions? Cause what I said about there being more Alliance players is true.
    Actually its a half truth, or rather a statement that needs an asterisk. There are more Alliance characters, which is 100% different than more Alliance players. As I said earlier, that data is almost empty and meaningless, because all it tells you is the number of faction above level 10 that have been created. It actually tells you nothing about the activity of those characters and which faction is actually played more.

Its the type of data that needs one of those disclaimer messages like you see at the end of commercials.

Also the lack of controls on the voting completely negates the size of character totals as well. There is simply no way to know who was voting for what because people who don't even play anymore could have mostly voted Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Both will end up in the game as a 10 year gift to players.
    Companion is already found tagged under Anniversary reward, but it's for some reason called "Hogs". And meantime, won't some people call these motorcycles or w/e they are, as hogs? At least my Google search found picture of one with that word.

We can hope, would be sweet if 10th anniversary would be a companion pet and the bikes, one for each faction.
    A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.

Companion is already found tagged under Anniversary reward, but it's for some reason called "Hogs". And meantime, won't some people call these motorcycles or w/e they are, as hogs? At least my Google search found picture of one with that word.

We can hope, would be sweet if 10th anniversary would be a companion pet and the bikes, one for each faction.

Yeah motorcycles are often referred to as " hogs". I actually expect that both will end up being in the game. The voting part was nothing more than a marketing ploy, which is why they probably didn't have more controls on voting.

is anyone really surprised the horde won?

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    No they aren't, thats the reason this is only 21 pages long. If had been unexpected people would of blown this thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That isn't relevant. They could have easily made it a one-time vote where you had to be logged in to vote, and after that, you would be locked out of voting again. They could have easily done that, and there would not have been a doubt about whether it was truly legitimate. They decided to be amateurs for some inexplicable reason. Whether or not x or y side could have done something about it is irrelevant. They still made a poll where the votes couldn't be 100% trusted to be legitimate. That was their mistake.
    So, you're saying if that was the case in voting, Alliance would back down and not bitch? Because in a system where both can cheat, I'd say neither should say anything about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Nope they have much more hardcore players in everything.

So, you're saying if that was the case in voting, Alliance would back down and not bitch? Because in a system where both can cheat, I'd say neither should say anything about the other.

I'm saying that Blizzard could have easily not used a questionable system for their voting contest, which relies on the basic assumption that you can, in most cases, expect that everyone voted just once, fairly. This doesn't imply that either side intentionally cheated and vote-botted. It just means that they could have, and the fact that they could have, when the easy, preemptive fix was easy enough, makes the whole thing illegitimate. And unnecessarily so.

And Blizzard only has themselves to blame.

lmao at all the people crying over this. it's a mount which no one will probably use, who cares? lol.

Is there any other way to obtain it, hmm?

Wait, make an alt.

I'm sorry, but I think your wintersaber should be fine for you till then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    lmao at all the people crying over this. it's a mount which no one will probably use, who cares? lol.
    Are you kidding me? This is going to be everyones PVP mount for a loooong time if it keeps up. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Nope they have much more hardcore players in everything.
    Seriously hardcore.
    Even the people who are not into RP get hyped when folks start screaming FOR THE HORDE or Lok'tar ogar. lol It can be very exciting.
    Even the rage when Horde loses server first, lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah motorcycles are often referred to as " hogs". I actually expect that both will end up being in the game. The voting part was nothing more than a marketing ploy, which is why they probably didn't have more controls on voting.
    Agreed. Especially given that most of their advertising has emphasized that the winner got a FREE!!!1!!11!1!!! mount, they can and likely will use the term free as an out to say both side will get their mount, but only one gets it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Wait, make an alt.
    Not sure how creating an alt would grant me the Alliance bike, but okay.

It fits with what the pet is and what the bikes are. "Hogs" is a small version of Hogger, as well as the name for some motorcycles.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    Btw: *Tanaan, *Farahlon, *Arakkoa. Not that hard.