View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. This poll is closed
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Then again, both "bikes" look terrible, with the Horde one looking a little less terrible.

Would prefer an updated model of the Mekgineer's Chopper honestly

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp View Post
    Blizzard should turn around and offer the Alliance Bike in some means, like thanks for voting but we are putting both in game, Horde Bike will be first, Alliance to follow later... or quest lock it to max level.... put it on the wow store all funds going to charity like ChildsPlay.

But seriously, an internet poll... when was the last time one of those WASNT hacked. (Times Person of the Year) or American Idol. Cause no one ever tries to hack anything WoW does... ever... or create a bot to mindlessly farm votes. Would of been cooler if it was one vote per Battlenet account in World of Warcraft.

A promotion that makes half your player base say YES, and half the player base turns sour and hate either blizzard and/or the other player base. which is not good... at the moment Blizzard is dealing with a lot of vinegar from players who felt that the result was predictable / or cheated (especially given some players already feel there is bias towards Horde since Thrall/Horde lead all the major stories)

The Vote was For the Best Bike... but as others clearly said, they voted for their faction, while others voted true to intention for the best bike. So does that mean the best bike won, NO! cause not all people who voted for that reason.

Also a good way to encourage people to rejoin WoW, or come into it a new, show them the one aspect of the game people dislike... the dyed in the wool blue and red hatred and internet hate that comes with WoW and show once again that Blizzard loves the Horde (even if it was unintented and a consequence of voting, thats the message people will get)

This is why I hate Marketing Gimmicks, they never understand the players.

Motorbikes for Everyone!
    Who would go so low as to hack a poll to get a mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Who would go so low as to hack a poll to get a mount?
    Few days ago there was a poll about Wildstar factions, about which one you are going to choose and for which aspect (PvP/PvE).

Someone even started using bot in that kind of vote, so why wouldn't someone cheat on poll which actually gives you something if you win?

I really do not get the people screaming "HURR FUCK YOU BLIZZARDHORDE FAVOURITISMS!!!!!!" when it is the Public that voted...

Hell 90% of my characters are Alliance, my Main is Alliance, my favourite characters are Alliance. Overall I am an Alliance supporter.
    Yet I voted for Horde bike, simply due to it being the BETTER design.

Sad sad people that think because Horde won, that they have been dealt a huge injustice by Blizzard. Grow up you fucking children.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2014-06-06 at 10:02 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Alliance bike looked like chromed woodlouse on tracks. Blizz faction bias is pretty obvious in other parts of the game but the Alliance bike looks like shit, which is only marginally worse than the vomit that is the Horde bike.
    Horde's bike is far from being a vomit, the tank treads actually work on it and it does capture Orcs' spirit (the driving theme of the Horde), while the Alliance one doesn't even come close to that.

This game lacks orc themed stuff, glad it won.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't really a contest tbh, by itself the alliance bike is pretty sweet, but just doesn't come close to the horde bike tbh, I think the only reason alliance got votes was because alliance fan boys voted for their faction rather than what bike they prefer =p (I appreciate it comes down to opinion, but if you honestly prefer the alliance bike you probably beed your eyes checking...)

As I said by itself the Alliance bike isn't bad, but I do think they went the wrong direction with it tbh. While I get the theme they were going with, I think it just looks too metallic, needed more blue in there, possibly some draping fabric pinned down with an alliance crest (like arthas' cloak in CoT:Strat) Also I agreed with Paul Jr that it needed a front fendor, but I think they went the wrong direction with that as well, the tank traks are bad ass, but on the alliance bike looked too raw, they really needed covering up more, which their 2 swords didn't do.

As for the Horde bike my only complaint really is that the handle bars look far too short, it looks like they need to come further back for more of a chopper look, currently it looks like you'd have to lean forward just to reach them, which given the seat shape would probably be rather uncomfortable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    This game lacks orc themed stuff, glad it won.
    He said as Warlords of Draenor is coming soon.

Hehe. Though, glad it was offered as a little for us to follow while waiting anyways. Wouldn't mind seeing the losing chopper for X amount of gold then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    It wasn't really a contest tbh, by itself the alliance bike is pretty sweet, but just doesn't come close to the horde bike tbh, I think the only reason alliance got votes was because alliance fan boys voted for their faction rather than what bike they prefer =p (I appreciate it comes down to opinion, but if you honestly prefer the alliance bike you probably beed your eyes checking...)

As I said by itself the Alliance bike isn't bad, but I do think they went the wrong direction with it tbh. While I get the theme they were going with, I think it just looks too metallic, needed more blue in there, possibly some draping fabric pinned down with an alliance crest (like arthas' cloak in CoT:Strat) Also I agreed with Paul Jr that it needed a front fendor, but I think they went the wrong direction with that as well, the tank traks are bad ass, but on the alliance bike looked too raw, they really needed covering up more, which their 2 swords didn't do.

As for the Horde bike my only complaint really is that the handle bars look far too short, it looks like they need to come further back for more of a chopper look, currently it looks like you'd have to lean forward just to reach them, which given the seat shape would probably be rather uncomfortable...
    The Horde bike is uninspired, bland in coloring and looks like it is a giant hunk of plastic.
    It reminds me of those fisher-price plastic tricycles, but customized to be edgier and Horde themed. The Alliance bike looked much nicer overall, but that's the thing about opinions, bad taste is subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He said as Warlords of Draenor is coming soon.
    I believe he was being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing the losing chopper for X amount of gold then.
    As long as it'd be very low amount, like 500 gold or such.

I don't get it.

So the Horde bike won, does that mean the horde get a new mount and alliance don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    I don't get it.

So the Horde bike won, does that mean the horde get a new mount and alliance don't?
    Everyone gets the mount.. But only Horde toons can ride it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Everyone gets the mount.. But only Horde toons can ride it..
    That seems pretty lame.

Can't they just implement both bikes in-game? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, I wouldn't because I'm not a sore loser about something so trivial as a vanity item. It would also bother me knowing that I got the bike over bitching and whining about fairness over a 1 mount more "advantage".
    If it were just the one mount, Alliance probably wouldn't be complaining so much.
    Although, even just considering it alone, giving one faction a unique model mount but not the other is still a pretty dick move.

No, I wouldn't because I'm not a sore loser about something so trivial as a vanity item. It would also bother me knowing that I got the bike over bitching and whining about fairness over a 1 mount more "advantage".

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I was asking your thoughts...
    In this case, I agree with Blizzard's previous actions. Vanity or no, it's poor form to make something more difficult to obtain for half your player base just because they play the "wrong" faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Not sure how creating an alt would grant me the Alliance bike, but okay.
    Well, yea but you know, the tactic of, "We can't mobilize our base, but we totally can scream and cry till we get our toy" really is bleh, so why not just make a horde toon and get the horde bike and be done?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Few days ago there was a poll about Wildstar factions, about which one you are going to choose and for which aspect (PvP/PvE).

Someone even started using bot in that kind of vote, so why wouldn't someone cheat on poll which actually gives you something if you win?
    Shows how lame fanboys can be...

Snipped this together instead of making a second post.
    I don't think it was a dick move - I see it as a friendly competition, that now has many from the Alliance faction whining about not getting a reward too. They're going to bitch and whine so much about it, that Blizz will probably end up giving the mount to them. But if it were me, and I was on the Alliance side (and wasn't the one bitchin and whining), I wouldn't even ride that mount if they gave it to us for that reason because I would feel embarrassed over how I we got it.
    If there were an actual competition sure.
    Hell, I would have been happy with it, if it had been decided by a game of darts between the Blizzard Alliance and Horde teams. Or by a race on the motorcycles, or by anything other than a popular vote. Because that isn't a competition, it was always very clear Horde was going to win, because Horde is always more vocal and quicker to display faction pride. It's always been that way.

At Q&A during panels at Blizzcon, if someone walks up and says "Lok'tar Ogar" or "For the Horde" prior to asking their question, there is a large eruption of cheers. If someone walks up and says "For the/Glory to the Alliance" or anything of that sort, there is a small amount of cheering and a large wave of booing and random crap like "Alliance sucks".

That was my issue with this. It was 100% obvious from day 1, that unless they gave both factions the mounts, Alliance was going to get nothing and Horde was going to get the mount. It wasn't even about the bikes. If tomorrow, Blizzard made a poll on the front page of the main wow site, that said "Which is better, Alliance or Horde?" I assure you Horde would win by a significant margin.

Just look at the Battlecry Mosaic.

I mean, take a look at this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5387481?page=1

It's pathetic. Seriously? Lol, "choppergate"....
    Again.
    The whining isn't just because of the mount. It's because this is just the latest in what's become about four years of Blizzard just flat out neglecting one faction again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not really surprising but my subscription was about to end in two days anyways, as I have "nothing" to do until pre-patch anyways.

So, I simply went and edited the reason, "Why?" into about this whole Alliance-Horde chopper-mess. Yes, it's not the real reason, but just trying to play the game.

See, this competition, the result, and the flames of both the official and the fan forums just cement the idea that this faction pride and putting the War in Warcraft is becomming outdated, while at the same time grossly spiraling out of hand.

Both sides are turning more and more vile towards eachother, and while both sides raise good points on what's going on, every single time, the other side bashes it with nothing more than utter hatred and flames.
    There is nothing wrong with faction pride, but when there are reports of people getting PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED because of their chosen faction, it's pretty clear that this game's faction pride is going from a friendly competition, to virtual, and sometimes real-life physical soccer-esque hooliganism.
    It's not just a couple of people either, more and more people on both sides are getting harsher and harsher.
    This is something that needs fixing, especially when you compare this to other games.
    Last edited by susaku; 2014-06-06 at 11:57 AM.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.