View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde!

    396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

    253 27.80%
  • Both!

    111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

    30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

    120 13.19%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
LastLast
  1. #561
    Banned Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by aviectus View Post
    seriously no one felt offended by this, he is a highly ranked member of inner blizzard team. By saying that, is like making the wrong promotion for the product he is working for
    I always viewed it as each Blizzard employee having their own faction pride. I know a few play Alliance, too. Just people showing their love for their faction - that's all I saw/heard.

  2. #562
    This is my happy face. Turboface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    right here right now
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    I believe it has something to do with the art they were given to base their work on.
    Exactly the opposite. If they went by the pics they wouldn't take the road of "smooth, elegant weapon" (as the guy called it in episode 7), well wrong turn, bro. I mean you look at broad and muscular dwarves and humans, covered in heavy ass plated armor and you go with smooth and elegant? If anyone is bringing the elegance in the Alliance it's the elves, and even then if you get the right vibe out of it you'll manage to come up with some badass designs, the rated pvp mounts are the proof of that - there's no such thing as "overstuffing it".
    Last edited by Turboface; 2014-06-06 at 04:09 PM.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I always viewed it as each Blizzard employee having their own faction pride. I know a few play Alliance, too. Just people showing their love for their faction - that's all I saw/heard.
    "for the horde" - showing their love for their faction
    "fuck the horde" - shitting on the other faction
    "horde players are faggots who should go kill them self" - shitting on the other faction players

    we got that cleared up now yes?

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by aviectus View Post
    BTW as alliance, i am HAPPY as hell that mods on official forums have to clear all those tear filled posts. you love the horde? clean your own mess
    PS: Samwise's move to say on stage : fuck alliance is unforgivable for his position, representing the company in general.
    I don't get why a developer having an opinion matters at all. Yes, it was a little childish to say that on stage, but unforgivable? When he's the leader of the Horde team?

    And all the people whining about how Metzen lead the Alliance to a loss was adorable, as if he actually had a say in anything going on with the bikes in general.

    OT: The Horde bike just looks so much better. I admit that I was very much so against it being a trike, but the armor plating covering the treads is quite fitting and I approve of the final design. The Alliance bike in general just isn't as good. The fenders, as others have said, felt like they looked at the Horde bike and said "Well we need something like that too!" and just made them swords instead of tusks.

    Aside from that I actually did quite like the Alliance bike. Just the Horde bike is so much better. Glad to see it'll be in game, granted I won't complain if they do decide to add the Alliance bike at some point as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aviectus View Post
    seriously no one felt offended by this, he is a highly ranked member of inner blizzard team. By saying that, is like making the wrong promotion for the product he is working for
    The whole war between Alliance v. Horde is all about "Fuck the other side!" So I don't see how it's the wrong promotion.

    If anything it encompasses the competition quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  5. #565
    Banned Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    "for the horde" - showing their love for their faction
    "fuck the horde" - shitting on the other faction
    "horde players are faggots who should go kill them self" - shitting on the other faction players

    we got that cleared up now yes?
    No, it doesn't clear anything up. It's people who play the game (Blizzard employee or not) that have pride for their faction.

    It's a war between the two factions. It's always been Horde vs. Alliance.

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Perhaps so. But they thought the Horde mount was better. I saw a lot of Alliance fans who based it off of which was the better chopper. I saw a lot of "I play Alliance, but I think the Horde one is better so I voted for it."


    Whereas from the Horde, I saw a lot of "I like the Alliance one more, but I play Horde and I want a mount."


    And very few "I like the Alliance more one, even though I am a Horde player. So I will vote for whichever looks better to me, which is the Alliance one." (I counted such a case only twice, compared to the tens of people that did the above and said "I play Alliance but think the Horde one looks better so voted Horde.".)
    If that's the case then why are they complaining??? They are the ones who voted the Horde bike to victory! And as you say, those Horde players who liked the Alliance bike more were smart enough to realize they also wanted a mount and it would be pretty dumb to vote to give the other faction one instead.

  7. #567
    This shitty reality TV only served to break even more the A/H duality.

    Instead of endeavoring to create cohesion and an overall friendly dispute, it only instigated pride and hatred inside the game's community. Nothing new to expect really since, from what I see, alliance players are mostly neglected to 2nd plan.
    Last edited by Vortun; 2014-06-06 at 02:37 PM.
    "...we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening."

  8. #568
    The Horde bike looks like an ATC dressed up for the ren faire. It works, though - the costume is executed well.

    I like the visual texture and individual parts of the Alliance bike much better, but it doesn't come together well at all. It looks like somebody took a street bike, clad it in an awesome, custom suit of high gothic jousting barding, and then slapped on a set of treads from some other vehicle.

    I think the reason for that is that the Horde team conceptualized the bike whole-to-part, figuring out its general shape and then getting down to details, while the Alliance team worked part-to-part, deciding on the details without first considering the gesture of the bike as an object. They were still making major structural decisions late in the build, and it shows in the bike's gesture.

    I know I'm droning on like an art teacher, but they're essentially kinetic sculpture. One of those two sculptures was conceptualized in the right order, and it won.

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    The Horde bike looks like an ATC dressed up for the ren faire. It works, though - the costume is executed well.

    I like the visual texture and individual parts of the Alliance bike much better, but it doesn't come together well at all. It looks like somebody took a street bike, clad it in an awesome, custom suit of high gothic jousting barding, and then slapped on a set of treads from some other vehicle.

    I think the reason for that is that the Horde team conceptualized the bike whole-to-part, figuring out its general shape and then getting down to details, while the Alliance team worked part-to-part, deciding on the details without first considering the gesture of the bike as an object. They were still making major structural decisions late in the build, and it shows in the bike's gesture.

    I know I'm droning on like an art teacher, but they're essentially kinetic sculpture. One of those two sculptures was conceptualized in the right order, and it won.
    Hits the nail on the head, honestly. The Alliance had a lot of cool ideas that, had they all been fleshed out and determined how they'd work together in the beginning, probably would have made an awesome bike.

    Instead, they made a bunch of cool ideas and started applying them, never considering how they look TOGETHER. The end result isn't terrible, but the parts don't look as good as they could have if they'd spent a little more time considering how the bike would look in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  10. #570
    Lets just say it the Alliance bike looks like shit.

    And the horde one is not better too. I mean, tracks? TRACKS??? This is a Bike (or a trike in horde's case) Not a damn tank!

    Don't even get me started on the alliance one. They did not even had an idea in the last stages, which is proven by that internal debate whether or not to put even more swords on. And the tracks just look ugly as hell. When I saw them both finished I just knew the alliance has no chance at all.

  11. #571
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, I'm sure the Alliance will get their bike too. But I personally think the Alliance engine should be the sound of whining kids. Would suit them quite nicely, given their outburst over something so trivial.
    It's funny to read that from you, since you are the one who obsesses about the whole thing the most. By far.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I never wached any of the episodes.

    Umh did he really say fuck alliance ?

    Woah what is that, a 14 year old kid trying to be a tough guy in Warsong Gulch ?
    No, he did not say that. I watched all eight episodes, and when I read that I did a double take and rewatched episode 8 to see if I'd missed anything. I hadn't. As the leader of the Horde team he did partake in a few bits of trash talk over the course of the show, as did Metzen from the opposite direction, but it was all lighthearted, and at exactly zero points did the word "fuck" escape from anyone's lips.

  13. #573
    Pit Lord Anzaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,438
    I wonder what kind of reaction all those will have who keep rubbing "YOU LOST! YOU GET NOTHING!" when Blizzard adds both mounts in-game.

  14. #574
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I wonder what kind of reaction all those will have who keep rubbing "YOU LOST! YOU GET NOTHING!" when Blizzard adds both mounts in-game.
    They'll probably have forgotten all about it by that time. Gloating sort of loses its charm after a while.

    THEN AGAIN this is MMO-C.



  15. #575
    the dude that had the idea to put only 1 of the 2 mounts in game should be fired, wow is not in a good position right now, why are they trying to make the ppl angry? i just don't understand. put the 2 bikes in game and the vote should only for "oh yeah this looks better but i still want my faction bike". srsly MORHEIM WTF?

  16. #576
    Banned Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    It's funny to read that from you, since you are the one who obsesses about the whole thing the most. By far.
    I've had allot of time on my hands this week. My house is sparkling, I've made too many cookies to know what to do with....I even decided to max out archeology in WoW so I could get some rare staff (which hasn't dropped, despite getting almost all the other rares).

    ..........I need more butter, now that I think about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah, so I'm driven by boredom. Not personal angst about not receiving anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by theodorius View Post
    the dude that had the idea to put only 1 of the 2 mounts in game should be fired, wow is not in a good position right now, why are they trying to make the ppl angry? i just don't understand. put the 2 bikes in game and the vote should only for "oh yeah this looks better but i still want my faction bike". srsly MORHEIM WTF?
    Because competition between the Horde and Alliance can be fun. But I guess it's all fun and games until the Alliance loses....

  17. #577
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    581
    By far the dumbest competition ever. It was clear right from the get go that horde would win. 3/4 of the world that plays WoW is Horde. Why the fuck would they even do this? I have never been so pissed over pixels but now I'm out a mount.

  18. #578
    Pandaren Monk Lyese's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,913
    Just because the Alliance lost doesn't mean the universe is out to personally screw you. It's not even a huge deal, really. It's really disheartening to read such hate-filled posts just because a friendly competition didn't go your way. It's not like Samwise, upon winning, grabbed Gorehowl and decapitated Metzen or anything.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

  19. #579
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post

    Because competition between the Horde and Alliance can be fun. But I guess it's all fun and games until the Alliance loses....

    You know I wish the Alliance had won, just so I could see how the Horde peeps reacted to losing out. You are very naive to think that only the Alliance players would feel and act like this, I can assure you, you would be wrong.

  20. #580
    Banned Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    You know I wish the Alliance had won, just so I could see how the Horde peeps reacted to losing out. You are very naive to think that only the Alliance players would feel and act like this, I can assure you, you would be wrong.
    You could be right, but I would not of acted that way. My reaction would of been along the lines of "congrats, guys!....you fuckers". - LOL. Friendly, yet still an obvious Horde vs. Alliance forever tone.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2014-06-06 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •