View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. This poll is closed
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    is anyone really surprised the horde won?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    No they aren't, thats the reason this is only 21 pages long. If had been unexpected people would of blown this thing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Nope they have much more hardcore players in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So, you're saying if that was the case in voting, Alliance would back down and not bitch? Because in a system where both can cheat, I'd say neither should say anything about the other.

I'm saying that Blizzard could have easily not used a questionable system for their voting contest, which relies on the basic assumption that you can, in most cases, expect that everyone voted just once, fairly. This doesn't imply that either side intentionally cheated and vote-botted. It just means that they could have, and the fact that they could have, when the easy, preemptive fix was easy enough, makes the whole thing illegitimate. And unnecessarily so.

And Blizzard only has themselves to blame.

Deleted
    lmao at all the people crying over this. it's a mount which no one will probably use, who cares? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Is there any other way to obtain it, hmm?

Wait, make an alt.

I'm sorry, but I think your wintersaber should be fine for you till then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    lmao at all the people crying over this. it's a mount which no one will probably use, who cares? lol.
    Are you kidding me? This is going to be everyones PVP mount for a loooong time if it keeps up. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Nope they have much more hardcore players in everything.
    Seriously hardcore.
    Even the people who are not into RP get hyped when folks start screaming FOR THE HORDE or Lok'tar ogar. lol It can be very exciting.
    Even the rage when Horde loses server first, lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah motorcycles are often referred to as " hogs". I actually expect that both will end up being in the game. The voting part was nothing more than a marketing ploy, which is why they probably didn't have more controls on voting.
    Agreed. Especially given that most of their advertising has emphasized that the winner got a FREE!!!1!!11!1!!! mount, they can and likely will use the term free as an out to say both side will get their mount, but only one gets it for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Wait, make an alt.
    Not sure how creating an alt would grant me the Alliance bike, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Companion is already found tagged under Anniversary reward, but it's for some reason called "Hogs". And meantime, won't some people call these motorcycles or w/e they are, as hogs? At least my Google search found picture of one with that word.

We can hope, would be sweet if 10th anniversary would be a companion pet and the bikes, one for each faction.
    It fits with what the pet is and what the bikes are. "Hogs" is a small version of Hogger, as well as the name for some motorcycles.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    As has been mentioned before in this thread, for the same reason people were upset about the Goblin trikes giving the Horde more mounts than the Alliance back in Cata. It's not so much about whether they will be ridden or not, its about it creating an imbalance in either faction's favor when it comes to things like the mount collecting achievements.
    It's would be a minor advantage to the Horde, something like less than half a percent difference when you count up all the mounts available. But what if one faction had the health and damage of all it's guards/faction leaders increased by something even as small as less than half a percent, but the other faction's NPCs all stayed the same. It would make almost no difference really, but it would still be unfair. And you know people would complain.
    Something like this is one of the easiest things they can balance when it comes to the factions. Not doing so... well, as I just stated: you know people will complain.

Blizz devs have such a hard on for the horde there was never a question of who was going to win lol (I play both factions , well used to)

I really don't know why people are up in arms over the snowmobile competition? I don't plan on using either. Engineer chopper is much better and anyone can use it.

I didn't really like either of the mounts to be honest, but I hope they give the alliance another generic gilneas mount, just to even the numbers out.

The Horde having one more mount doesn't give the Alliance a disadvantage in the game. It's boiling down to "it's not fair" - that's it.

We're not talking about health percentages or anything that adds an advantage to the game. We're talking about a vanity item. Somethng that serves no other purpose than to look cool.
    Guess I have to spell it out. What is the point in killing the opposing faction's leaders? To get an achievement and a mount. What does having one extra mount get you? A tiny bit closer to to another achievement and a mount.
    Because of the way faction based mounts do not apply to achievement progress of the opposing side, the Horde mount will do nothing for players who are primarily Alliance and have their mount achievements via the Alliance side. Come WoD if the entire Horde got a free mount that pushed them a little bit closer to an achievement and mount than the Alliance with the Alliance having no way to make up that difference, then yes it is in fact a disadvantage. A tiny one, as I already stated in my previous post, but a disadvantage nonetheless.

As for looking cool, that's completely subjective. I'll mount up on the Horde bike on my Horde characters once or twice to look at it, but probably nothing more. If the Alliance does end up getting the Great Chrome Termite as a mount, I'll do the same. Mount it once to look at it, then put it away forever because I think it's hideous.

The Horde having one more mount doesn't give the Alliance a disadvantage in the game. It's boiling down to "it's not fair" - that's it.

We're not talking about health percentages or anything that adds an advantage to the game. We're talking about a vanity item. Somethng that serves no other purpose than to look cool.
    To be fair though, the Horde found it to be a massive problem when the Alliance had the Frostsaber and they had nothing. The forum QQ was enormous until Blizzard added in the Venomhide Ravasaur to balance it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

But that's not the case here - there is no achievement and no Horde player is going to get any closer to getting anything that an Alliance player could get. It was just a friendly faction competition, that rewarded the winning faction with a mount.
    Have you even heard of the 50, 100, 150, and 200 mount achievments?

Yes, but again, those are not giving the Horde any advantages in the game. They're just vanity things, that award other vanity things.
    Blizzard considered it to be an unfair advantage in the past with the Frostsaber, and then later on with the lack of a Worgen mount. Same logic should seemingly apply here.

What advantage? Because it sounds more like "to make things fair".
    The advantage in regards to achievements. You may not think it matters, and it's ok for you to have that opinion. Blizzard apparently thinks that it does matter, else they wouldn't have made those changes regarding those previous cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting til they only add the horde bike for horde and either the alliance doesn't get added at all or the alliance have to pay for it.

The QQ would be worse than "Theramore in Flames". I need to see it. I want to see those forums.

What? One mount achievement? That's the unfair advantage being discussed? There's, what, 340 mounts in the game? That one chopper is really given the Alliance an unfair advantage? Even when most have become Account bound...
    It sounds like you're arguing with Blizzard's stance on the previous examples at this point.