View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. This poll is closed
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Azeroth Choppers Discussion Thread (All Azeroth Chopper Discussion here, thanks)

Grab a front-row seat for the ultimate road showdown! Legendary custom motorcycle designer Paul Jr. has assembled two handpicked teams of bike experts to bring to life a pair of asphalt-kicking chopper designs inspired by World of Warcraft®’s two warring factions. Joining each crew on their epic quest are members of the World of Warcraft development team, on board to help to infuse the essence of the Horde and the Alliance into each bike. In the end, only one chopper will reign supreme as the undisputed king of Azeroth’s roads in a winner-takes-all showdown voted on by World of Warcraft players around the globe.

Azeroth Choppers Contest Winner:
    Congratulations, Hordies!

Newest episode of Azeroth Choppers - The Winner is:

Azeroth Choppers list of episodes:______
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 8 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode Recap (Video)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 7 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 6 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 5 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 4 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 3 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 2 (Video | Blue thread)
    Azeroth Choppers, Episode 1 (Video | Blue thread)

Alliance Chopper!

Horde Chopper!

Azeroth Choppers: Ask the Bike Experts!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We'll be selecting interesting questions from the community and seeking out answers from the bike experts of teams Alliance and Horde over at Paul Jr. Designs.

Azeroth Choppers: Meet the teams, Alliance & Horde! Follow Azeroth Choppers on their dedicated site as well, AzerothChoppers.com! Or on Twitter, #AzerothChoppers
    Team Horde: Team Horde is led by Warchief Samwise, aka Sam Didier, who’s spent his entire career in the entertainment industry. Sammy’s first job was in cinema . . . as usher at a local movie theater. There he spent countless hours perfecting his art on candy order forms and bathroom check sheets. It was a bold move, but Samwise left behind the spiritually rewarding job of sweeping up filthy movie theaters to join Blizzard Entertainment in 1991 as one of the fledgling company’s first artists. Samwise is also the lead singer of Blizzard’s in-house band, The Artists Formerly Known as Level-90 Elite Tauren Chieftain.
    Joining Samwise on Team Horde are Gary Platner and Jason Hutchins.
    Gary Platner is a lead environment artist and former stand-up comic (he even got paid once!) who’s been training Krav Maga for about four years. He loves training, sparring, and getting kicked in the head by his fellow students.
    Jason is a senior game producer who’s living the dream. He married his high school sweetheart and enjoys the finer things in life: cars, cocktails, guns, motorcycles, and food. Not in that order and never all at once.
    For the Horde!
    Team Alliance: Team Alliance is led by Chris Metzen, Blizzard’s chief storyteller. He’s filled countless roles at the company over the years, seamlessly transitioning from artist to game designer to voice actor and writer. He’s the guy who’s been creating the characters and worlds that millions of gamers have grown to love. When he’s not psyching up a packed BlizzCon® crowd from the main stage in the Anaheim Convention Center, he can often be found reading and writing comics or riding a dirt bike.
    Joining Chris on Team Alliance are Terran Gregory and Monte Krol.
    Terran Justice Gregory (yes, that’s his real name) is an associate project director, dedicated Gnome enthusiast, and filmmaker who lives and dies for the Alliance. Terran is a huge World of Warcraft lore nerd who was the player behind Kyle’s mage in South Park’s “Make Love, Not Warcraft” episode.
    Monte Krol is a lead software engineer who’s even done some writing and voice acting for Warcraft III and World of Warcraft—he’s the voice of the goblin saying “Time is money, friend!” Monte’s also hardcore into 3D printing, recently printing a working six-speed transmission.

Show Your Faction Pride – Azeroth Choppers Gear Available
    Celebrate all things Azeroth Choppers with a slick oil black tee, available now in both men’s and women’s sizes in the Blizzard Gear Shop.

Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you can also show your pride —chopper style—by donning a button-up PJD Horde or Alliance work shirt and Cap just like the ones worn in the show. Rev up your browser and head over to Paul Jr. Designs Store to make your choice!

Shipping Note: Orders will be shipped from the United States, so international shipping rates may apply.

Azeroth Choppers, Alliance behind the scenes!

Azeroth Choppers, Horde behind the scenes!

Mod-note: Thought it would be easier to have an overall thread then multiple threads, spreading the discussion out between all the threads. Please follow the Azeroth Discussion thread for posting and news (as well as news from front page). Hope it'll be useful enough for people as we count Azeroth Choppers threads being made on a high and regular basis. Added a poll for a little choice - So, have fun! - Gehco

Mod-note 2: Updated broken links, should work now - Gehco

Mod-note 3: Updated link, now you can click in to vote on the official site - Gehco

Mod-note 4: Added behind the scenes for Alliance - Gehco

Mod-note 5: Added behind the scenes for Horde - Gehco

Mod-note 6: Added Azeroth Choppers recap - Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-05 at 07:29 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    For the Horde!11oneone.

But I would hope that they keep to the idea that only ONE mount gets added, it seems like a really nifty idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpsderpsanon View Post
    But I would hope that they keep to the idea that only ONE mount gets added, it seems like a really nifty idea.
    I honestly doubt it.

That said, I'll vote for the Alliance bike. I like the whole concept and design of it a lot better.

Nice thread Good idea!

I'll say it again in here, loving the Alliance bike so far, looks fast not a huge fan of the treads on either bike, but I'm getting tired of the same old Horde spikes and chains and tusks theme, generic boring. So my vote so far is with the Alliance, as we don't really have a ton of shiny stuff in game, even Alliance ships and stuff are heavy/stone/wood look, so will be nice to see how they implement it in game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank treads make everything better.
    Currently Procrastinating

Team Horde is going to win due to fan boy syndrome, enjoy your second stupid looking trike. So sad cause the Alliance bike looks better, right now unless they screw it up an add something stupid looking on the front of it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-24 at 04:35 PM.
    The end is never really the end, its the start of something new...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
    Team Horde is going to win due to fan boy syndrome, enjoy your second stupid looking trike. So sad cause the Alliance bike looks better, right now unless they screw it up an add something stupid looking on the front of it.
    Because it's physically impossible for anyone's opinion to differ from yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Nice thread Good idea!

I'll say it again in here, loving the Alliance bike so far, looks fast not a huge fan of the treads on either bike, but I'm getting tired of the same old Horde spikes and chains and tusks theme, generic boring. So my vote so far is with the Alliance, as we don't really have a ton of shiny stuff in game, even Alliance ships and stuff are heavy/stone/wood look, so will be nice to see how they implement it in game!
    The Alliance bike seems more tempting for me too. I mean, a new type of tread use. Keep the bike feel but instead of 2 wheels, it's 2 treads plowing away!

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Tank treads make everything better.
    Treads indeed makes everything better, not common for us in WoW, so can't wait to see it!

And honest opinion from my side, don't really want another trike..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by AsheruWolf View Post
    There will be fanboys on either side - and alliance has the population advantage. Having seen the alliance bike actually get somewhere this last week I am fairly confident the best bike (in peoples eyes, NOT JUST YOURS) will win. So far I still prefer the horde bike, but if the alliance one ends up better I'll happily vote for it, as many others will.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-05-24 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I am alliance, but the horde one is way better. Horde style is more original with that spikes and chains.. Alliance is too stereotypical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    I am alliance, but the horde one is way better. Horde style is more original with that spikes and chains.. Alliance is too stereotypical.
    Well, I'm eager to see the Alliance tank, just to see how the 'armor' has been made on it

Deleted
    Am I the only one who thinks those bikes need banners that represent their faction...?
    Like a flag standard, one with the Alliance coat of arms on it, and one with Horde's symbol, all shredded up, all welded on the backframe of the respective bikes?
    I think it would give an extra faction flavor to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will vote for the Alliance bike due to the Horde one being meh(another trike ffs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks those bikes need banners that represent their faction...?
    Like a flag standard, one with the Alliance coat of arms on it, and one with Horde's symbol, all shredded up, all welded on the backframe of the respective bikes?
    Wouldn't mind them being able to have a mounted banner (i.e. Reins of the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse - But with Horde/Alliance banner)

Would look as a good touch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Ehhhh as it is, it'd definitely interfere with the Horde bike's aesthetics, though I can see it working for the Alliance one.

I'd like banners added as an option with all mounts though at some point.

Deleted
    Watching the last episode start to wonder what exacly bike we will have coz one can win but like blizz guy says isnt easy to made it in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Ehhhh as it is, it'd definitely interfere with the Horde bike's aesthetics, though I can see it working for the Alliance one.

I'd like banners added as an option with all mounts though at some point.
    Maybe have a ripped piece of cloth with the Horde mark and colors flapping behind, not a banner but loose hanging if you are parked (for example).

I've read Matthew Rossi's well written blog on WOW Insider about including some diversity in WOW. And then I look at this dopey Azeroth Chopper where in there is not one woman, or non white man of any kind in the entire series. Clearly, the folks at WOW headquarters are beyond clueless in this regard.

Mod-note: This isn't a discussion about said blog or diversity, but Azeroth Chopper in general. Removed the link.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-24 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank treads ruined everything to be honest.

I hoping both to be somewhat equally amazing, but the Alliance bike really falls short. I'm definitely voting for the Horde bike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I've read Matthew Rossi's well written blog on WOW Insider about including some diversity in WOW. http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/05/23/ho...it-your-focus/ And then I look at this dopey Azeroth Chopper where in there is not one woman, or non white man of any kind in the entire series. Clearly, the folks at WOW headquarters are beyond clueless in this regard.
    While I agree with the blog, we've already got at least one thread on the subject, so maybe this isn't the right place to talk about it. It'll just steer the entire thread completely off-topic.