10+ Year Old Account

Fury Warrior Leveling/Heirlooms

Im looking to start an Fury warrior and i was wondering if i could get away with using the 2 tank sword heirlooms(link below) all the way until i get Titans Grip?? I want the dual sword look so arms is a no go for me but if it isnt worth leveling my warrior with fury then i wont bother at all.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=69893

Sorry, edited to Fury @(
    Last edited by aarro; 2014-05-24 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Wrong spec named

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Im looking to start an Arms warrior and i was wondering if i could get away with using the 2 tank sword heirlooms(link below) all the way until i get Titans Grip?? I want the dual sword look so arms is a no go for me but if it isnt worth leveling my warrior with fury then i wont bother at all.

this doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've corrected it now. doh!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Im looking to start an Fury warrior and i was wondering if i could get away with using the 2 tank sword heirlooms(link below) all the way until i get Titans Grip?? I want the dual sword look so arms is a no go for me but if it isnt worth leveling my warrior with fury then i wont bother at all.

Sorry, edited to Fury @(
    Get the rogue ones, the ones with crit and agility. Whille you leveling the only hability you have that scales with AP is execute, all others scale with Weapon Damage. Your priorities whille leveling until level 35, when you finally get TG, are as simple as WD and crit (and offcourse hit).

I have to advise you that it might be more fun to level as Arms until you can get TG or SMF, without TG/SMF Fury is very underpowered.

I'd just level prot. So much faster with ques and so much damage

Easier to just level Arms/Prot since fewer weapons needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Easier to just level Arms/Prot since fewer weapons needed.
    I leveled mine as Fury Prot using 1hs, also needs 2 weapons and a shield, but that was also because he was a dwarf and needed maces.
    Worked fine for me.

Any heirlooms will work, and can be transmogged if you hate the look.
    Last edited by Knough; 2014-05-24 at 11:00 PM.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again for those who cant read, I DONT WANT TO LEVEL PROT OR ARMS!!!

Fury is doable as a leveling spec, but it's going to be worse than arms or prot. The lack of hit on gear means higher miss chances and thus longer fights. That said pretty much every spec can be used to level on any and all characters in some form. Warriors are a blast and you should not say "If I can't level Fury i won't level one" leveling is a small part and Fury usually pulls ahead of Arms for DPS once you start getting gear, but its crazy dependent on crit and hit.

Final Thoughts: I would probably wait til WoD Patch where Bloodthirst gets a flat +30% crit chance as opposed to double (unless you have 30%+) because critting BT and proccing Raging Blow is likely game over for most enemies, but if you only have 15-->30% crit chance its going to suck 15-->45% is still a little low but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    I leveled mine as Fury Prot using 1hs, also needs 2 weapons and a shield, but that was also because he was a dwarf and needed maces.
    Worked fine for me.

Any heirlooms will work, and can be transmogged if you hate the look.
    Not saying you couldn't level SMF+Prot. However, how many SMF Warriors are still around when TG is the big daddy for SoO?

Not saying you couldn't level SMF+Prot. However, how many SMF Warriors are still around when TG is the big daddy for SoO?
    Picking heirlooms is a long way of from raiding in soo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroun View Post
    Picking heirlooms is a long way of from raiding in soo
    For some reason I thought we were talking about the SoO Heirloom weapons and not the 1-85 stuff. Since it's the lower level heirlooms then I'd agree two 1h + sheld is a better option if you want to level as Fury since they don't cost as much Justice as two 2h. I'd still go Arms/Prot since Arms has such stupidly good and easy to use AoE for mass group pulling that it more than makes up the extra Justice cost for the 2h.

why is everyone on the D of TG, i like SMF more

For some reason I thought we were talking about the SoO Heirloom weapons and not the 1-85 stuff. Since it's the lower level heirlooms then I'd agree two 1h + sheld is a better option if you want to level as Fury since they don't cost as much Justice as two 2h. I'd still go Arms/Prot since Arms has such stupidly good and easy to use AoE for mass group pulling that it more than makes up the extra Justice cost for the 2h.
    OP has stated that he does not want to level as Arms or Prot, only fury or no warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    why is everyone on the D of TG, i like SMF more
    I do believe TG is currently pulling higher DPS than SMF in current gears hence everyone wants the 'optimal' spec. That said TG is also the only way to wield 2 2handers, where as plenty of classes can DW 1h weapons. I like SMF more too though so ~high five~ that said I also haven't been paying too much attention to current patch stuff.
    Last edited by Mithistormer; 2014-05-25 at 03:25 PM.

you can level with green weapons. it's just leveling, you use whatever you happen to have best at the time and level up and then you get something else. if you happen to have 2 garrosh 2 handers, use them, if you don't, use whatever is next best (aka high weapon damage, crit/mastery, strength)

Arms is a better leveling spec. That being said, if you're like me and just plain need two weapons, I'd stick with 2x Dal'rend's until you can grab dual axes. You'll be needing the crit so you can actually RB once in a while.

Leveling with fury, at least until you get TG/SMF, is like leveling an enhancement shaman with a 2h weapon. You can do it, but it will be slow and painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Leveling with fury, at least until you get TG/SMF, is like leveling an enhancement shaman with a 2h weapon. You can do it, but it will be slow and painful.
    nothing about leveling is slow and painful anymore. i usually level as fury. there's very little difference in leveling speed between warrior specs since heirlooms exist.