Thread: Prideful in BGs

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Prideful in BGs

Anyone else noticing that BGs are now filled with pathetic horde in mostly prideful gear?

So on tope of premades, russians, bots and hacking we now have to deal with a bunch of kids who got boosted and now want to "impress" themselves by killing badly geared people in low BGs

Do you want blizzard to prevent players that are geared to join random bg's? Random Bg's are for anyone at any gear level. Its not only the maps that are random also the players. As soon as you get your gear it will be fun again. but being lowgeared in pvp has always being a nightmare in any expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it's not LFR.

They lower the ilvl of pve gear already so why not also pvp gear?

Make the BGs about actual skill and not the gear. I know that is scary for most because they rely on the gear difference to win but it would make things a lot more fun

That's simply not true.

Been grinding AB rep the last 10 days or so, and full ilvl550 people were few and far between. The geared people had like 520k hp, but that's far from full prideful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    Anyone else noticing that BGs are now filled with pathetic horde in mostly prideful gear?

So on tope of premades, russians, bots and hacking we now have to deal with a bunch of kids who got boosted and now want to "impress" themselves by killing badly geared people in low BGs
    You seen to assume random bgs are just a part of the gearing process, granted it is a major part in gearing, but it is not like RF in the sense that is just for getting honor gear. As some one who loves pvp and full prideful, i love doing random bgs because i like pvp in general. You also assume everyone in prideful has been boosted to get their gear.

They lower the ilvl of pve gear already so why not also pvp gear?

Make the BGs about actual skill and not the gear. I know that is scary for most because they rely on the gear difference to win but it would make things a lot more fun
    Why would they lower the level of PvP gear in PvP? That is stupid. It's not hard to gear up. The mind state of "I should instantly be fully geared" is killing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play BGs extremely frequently as alliance and both my characters are basically fully geared. The gear really isn't the reason why alliance loses BGs since you can easily win a BG even if your side has a few undergeared players.

I also don't think people join BGs to simply kill lowbies. In fact, I usually try to focus the more geared and skilled players in BGs, you know, those who are -actually- dangerous to your team like ele shamans, boomkins and mages to name a few.

I only ever really kill lowbies if they try to show off and decide to annoy the living shit out of me by either tunneling me 24/7 or by simply being annoying. Usually if you stay on a low profile I won't notice you as quickly. xD
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-05-24 at 02:23 PM.

I'm in full prideful just by getting my 1800 cap each week this season. Anyone can do that. And I do random BGs because they're fun. Why should others be punished because you haven't bothered to cap your character? Hate to break it to you, but WoW is a game about character progression, and in most cases that = gear progression. If you don't like it, it might not be the right game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    I'm in full prideful just by getting my 1800 cap each week this season. Anyone can do that. And I do random BGs because they're fun. Why should others be punished because you haven't bothered to cap your character? Hate to break it to you, but WoW is a game about character progression, and in most cases that = gear progression. If you don't like it, it might not be the right game for you.
    You're a perfect example of the problem. With a gear lvl like that you should be doing arena and rbgs. It's like an heroic geared raider doing LFR just to be number 1 on the dps. Equally sad because the ilvl gap is huge

You're a perfect example of the problem. With a gear lvl like that you should be doing arena and rbgs. It's like an heroic geared raider doing LFR just to be number 1 on the dps. Equally sad because the ilvl gap is huge
    Arenas and RBGs are a completely different entity from random BGs. Random BGs don't exist as an entry-level experience to lead up to arenas/BGs, so the LFR/heroic raider analogy is completely fallacious.

I've been doing BGs since 2005, and I'll keep doing them. If you haven't capped your conquest points each week, that's your fault.

Sounds to me like "the problem" is that you can't handle the fact that, in a game based entirely around gear, you can sometimes be outgeared. I'm all for a level playing field in things that matter (ladders), but there's zero reason you can't be as geared as me.

How dare people go into the most basic form of pvp as a method to gear up for other pvp.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I know you want to justify yourself and technically it's not wrong to do, just sad. If normal BGs were not entry level then you would be earning full conquest points and had the same rating restrictions. But the bottom line is that you enjoy beating up on people with much lower gear level because they don't earn conquest point

Saying people have to do arena each week just so they can enjoy normal bgs is rather small minded and selfish

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really compare these things. PvP is a whole different game compared to PvE.

Some PvPers want to just relax and not care about anything so they join a random BG. If they play arena or RBGs they might lose rating or they might have to try too hard, but because they just want to relax, they do battlegrounds.

If you do "relaxing" arenas and RBGs, you might be pulling down your partners. In random BGs that's different because most likely you're actually helping out your team.

So, let me get this straight:

Some people here believe that, if I want to grind Arathi Basin reputation or achievements for Khan or off-spec gear or whatever, I should not be allowed to take my full ilvl550 gear into a random BG because it's unfair to someone's fotm alt? Or, at the very best, that my ilvl550 gear should be downgraded somehow so the buy-level-90 crew don't feel oppressed?

What's next, should we also not be allowed to attack lower levels in world pvp because people don't want to be inconvenienced on a pvp server? Or gang up 3vs1 in random BGs because, you know, it's not fair?

GTFO.

I'm 534 Ilvl on my rogue because I missed a few weeks and have had 0 luck with celestials. It SUCKS. I don't do near as much damage as I should and it pretty much takes away any chances of me trying to get a good rating in arena; But I still think that it's important that it stays this way. The game is an MMO, so the game needs to stay balanced - But it is also a RPG, meaning that it's important that different levels of gear are found among players. It gives you something to strive for, something to look forward to, and something to challenge yourself with. What's better than beating someone in MUCH better gear than you when they're also a class that supposedly counters you 1v1?

It's not fun when you have no gear and you're trying to kill a healer and they just /dance with you - But I strongly believe that just equalizing the gear will cause more harm than good. Besides, a lot of PvP in WoW is about knowing what fights to pick and not just charging into an army and reck-storming for top damage - If you see a player with much more gear than you whenever you're clearly not in a position to take them on, don't (unless you're feeling lucky, but be aware that your chances of coming on top are likely slim). Doing BG's when you're undergeared teaches you about how to better manage your defensive's to survive how to better control your opponents to stop them from killing you and how to properly lock down healers to get in that extra damage that you need from lacking gear. There's ALWAYS room for improvement and this is a great opportunity to do so; I don't care if you're a 5 time gladiator, you can still get better even from just random BG's.

Regardless of all of that, if you're really that much better than your opponent, full Grievous will trump full prideful.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-05-24 at 05:42 PM.

I know you want to justify yourself and technically it's not wrong to do, just sad. If normal BGs were not entry level then you would be earning full conquest points and had the same rating restrictions. But the bottom line is that you enjoy beating up on people with much lower gear level because they don't earn conquest point

Saying people have to do arena each week just so they can enjoy normal bgs is rather small minded and selfish
    Point out exactly where I said people have to do arena each week so they can enjoy normal BGs?

I enjoy normal BGs regardless of my gear. My ilevel has no influence on whether or not I do BGs. I do them with undergeared alts, and I continue to do them once I'm fully geared. It has nothing to do with "beating up on people with much lower gear levels." I do them cause I like doing them - they have been my primary source of entertainment since WSG was first put into the game.

If you don't have fun going into a BG with an undergeared character, that's fine. It is a game, and if you don't enjoy it, perhaps you shouldn't play it. But your lack of enjoyment isn't the fault of the people with better gear.

WoW has always been about gear progression, both PvP and PvE, it's what keeps the game going.
    Granted in PvP it's a bit of "fixed" progression, since all they do is boost resilience at the start of a new season so the damage/healing numbers roughly even out when everyone is at max gear again.

Season 15 has been out for MORE THAN 3 MONTHS.
    The fact that you didn't find it necessary to gear up in that time and now complain that you are outgeared is beyond me. You can still be useful to your team even with lesser gear: defend a base, annoy the enemy flag carrier.
    If you try to 1v1 a fully geared 550 opponent, while you are barely in 522 grievous gear, that's your problem.

It's exactly as Ermahgerd says, random BGs if the only viable option if you just want to have a bit of fun in PvP, without feeling the fear that you might lose rating if you make 1 mistake or face a bad matchup in arena.

And hey, gear problems are easy fixed, by now your CP cap should be over 9.000 (joke intended).
    There's always plenty of people offering boosts for the poor lower-geared population. Go get those easy points for 100g/win. And stop complaining.

Deleted
    I do arena just to enter random BGs in full prideful and destroy the puny alliance scrubs in questing greens. Does that make me a bad person?

I hope the gap between worst and best will be small in WoD. There's a minimum ilevel in WoD and conquest gear is the cap, shouldn't be too hard too balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne