Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XIV (24/5/2014)

Here is a brief overview of the Patch 2.28 content that was shown during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XIV.
    • The continuation of the Saga of the Zodiac
    • Adjustments to the behavior of pets while jumping
    • New objectives will be added to the Challenge Log
    • The introduction of the Sightseeing Log
    • New filtering and sorting options for the Expert Delivery user interface
    • Adjustments to PvP in the Wolves' Den
    • The ability to register for Good King Moggle Mog XII (Extreme) and Leviathan (Extreme) via the Duty Finder
    • The Echo will be applied to pets
    • Filtering options added to the Crafting Log
    • The ability to display the map from the Gathering Log
    • Durability will increase to 199% when repairing with a Disciple of the Hand class
    • Auto-sort of the party list when undertaking duties
    • The ability to participate in High-Level and Expert Duty Roulettes in a party
    • Adjustments made to the player commendation system
    • Equipment preview feature
    • Adjustments to the party finder
    • FATE progress will be displayed on the map
    • Teleporting via the Aetheryte icon on the map
    • Addition of text commands to clear the chat log
    • A list of text commands will be added
    • The ability to dismount via controller by pressing L1+R1 (LB+RB) at the same time
    • Titles will be displayed on a player's name plate
    • The ability to skip previously viewed cutscenes
    Skipping of cutscenes will be much welcomed.

The pet jumping adjustment ... I assume it's for when we take lifts or jump of an edge in dungeons. Currently pets just disappear, taking a mysterious alternate path to us.

Echo for pets = good. No idea why they didn't do it in the first place, given that for SMN and SCH the pet is a big part of their DPS and HPS respectively - not to mention, their survivability need to scale with ours or it's kind of pointless if they died mid-fight.

Q19: When will we be able to reallocate our companion skill points?

A19: We’re planning to make this possible in patch 2.3.
    Yay. Going to spec the rest of the points into other trees now, since tank spec doesn't seem very effective.

Regarding Fantasia:

Here are a few details regarding the purchase of Fantasia which will be made available in patch 2.28.
    • Purchasable by service account (item granted to all characters)
    • Three purchase options will be available (one, three, or five phials)
    • Up to nine can be purchased in total
    • Will be delivered via the moogle delivery system and cannot be traded
    • The option to purchase a specific number of phials coming at a later date
    Yay, for people who want to change appearance. Not so yay, for people fearing FFXIV will go down the cash shop path. ("Only the paranoid survive." - Andrew S. Grove)

and

Q17: When are you planning to buff the black mage job?

A17: The adjustments will go live in patch 2.3. The general direction of the buff is “increasing DPS on a single target.” Please note that the adjustment will not be only for the black mage and we are currently looking into other jobs as well.
    All from,

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...IV-Q-A-Updates

Edit: Also

Q3: Are there any plans to make it easier to progress with the Saga of the Zodiac quest (i.e. increase FATE spawn rates, increase drop rate of Atma, decrease the number of Mythology tomestones to obtain books, etc.) in the future?

A3: There are no immediate plans to make adjustments to the quest (2.28 and 2.3). However, we may make adjustments in the future.

Furthermore, we do have plans to increase the number and location of Mythology tomestones obtained content in the near future so it will be easier to obtain books.
    Start grinding I suppose.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-05-24 at 04:00 PM.

Obligatory Reddit compilation post:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...4_compilation/

At least pets will get buffed by Echo. I have a sneaking suspicion DoT's aren't, still.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Obligatory Reddit compilation post:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...4_compilation/

At least pets will get buffed by Echo. I have a sneaking suspicion DoT's aren't, still.
    You have got to be kidding me ...

They also need to fix the debuff limit on world bosses like Odin, my DoTs just won't stay on the boss.

Deleted
    well the self repair buff is a welcome change it will save a considerable amounts of gil and give it a meaning

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You have got to be kidding me ...

They also need to fix the debuff limit on world bosses like Odin, my DoTs just won't stay on the boss.
    I ran Titan EX a while ago helping some friends for the clear, and I'd start at like, 320 dps. @ full stacks of Echo, my dps only went up around 30 or so since it doesn't affect Garuda, and the only thing I really noticed going up was Fester. Meanwhile, the derpgoon, lolmonk, and bard gaining dps in leaps and bounds. Anecdotal, but it's something I kinda noticed and probably should delve into.

For Odin, I just go BLM. It's just easier that way.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥