Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I used to work at this neighbourhood supermarket as a shop assistant / cashier. I usually didn't have to operate one of the 4 cash registers, since the store hired people to only do that. It was about an hour before closing and the line at the single open cash register was getting rather long so my department manager, who was closing the store alone that night, asked me to open up another register. Not long afterwards these two guys with balaclavas and handguns show up. One of them points their gun at the cashier behind the helpdesk/ cigarette / lottery ticket stand which was right across the entrance, the other one walks up the the cash registers and demands the content. So my manager told us to give them the money which we did ofcourse. I don't think my heart ever raced as hard as when that guy walked over to my register, yelled at me and leaned over to check the registers content.

Luckily they left quickly after that, but I don't think the police ever caught them. They were pretty unidentifiable besides being male ofc.. It wasn't the first time we got robbed either.. This was the first time so far as I know they brought guns though. A different time one pulled a knife on a cashier, got some cash and ran out of the door. Sadly for him my general manager was feeling like a hero that day and chased him, jumped him and broke his nose on the pavement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Deleted
    Iraq 2002 getting a RPG and AK's fired at the guard post I was in (British Army) that was a distinctly unpleasant experience.

Deleted
    I wasn't scared I just had a moment of 'well, you're dead, tough shit'.

I've almost died quite a lot of times.

- When I was a baby I had pneumonia. It got so bad I was really close to dying.
    - This time when I was 9 I was in my kitchen sucking on a lollipop-thingy (the flat round ones), half of it broke and it lodged itself in my throat. I almost died. My papa stuck his fingers down my throat and took it out. By the time he got rid of it I was purple in the face, or so says my mom.
    - I remember being 6 and getting caught in a big ass wave and almost downing.
    - Afternoon in my grandmama's house, phone rings, I'm a retard and I go running to pick it up. I trip. I fall and lodge the end of the table on my forehead. The bone is showing and I'm bleeding a lot. Good thing it didn't hurt. My grandmama almost had a heart attack tho.

There's more, I'll ask my mama later.

PD: My papa and I are veeeeery unlucky. He's almost died a lot of times too.

Forgot to mention: I have asthma so I've almost choked to death quite a lot of times. Fun fun fun.
    Last edited by mmocec7950f9b8; 2014-05-24 at 06:57 PM.

When I was having a seizure in the hospital

10+ Year Old Account
    Being beat to an inch of my life with metal baseball bats when I was 12.

Didn't know who they were , they just assumed I was a catholic and wanted to kill me. Sectarian attack and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death by water - 8 years old, at the lake with my mother and little sister. I can't swim and am terrified of the water. And like a good parent my mother forces me to go out on one of those tire inner tube thingys with her. We are sitting on the opposite sides of each other with our feet hanging in the hole in the middle. She makes us go way out over my head. I'm freaking out. She decides to start rocking the inner tube and I slip and fall into the middle hole. I go under and try to come up but my head keeps hitting the under side of the stupid inner tube. And I can't breathe, but I can hear my mother laughing... She pulled me out after what seems like forever. I still can't swim to this day.

Death by fire - 12 years old. I awake in the middle of the night around 1am. I am lying in bed next to an open window. It's summer and hot in the room. The air from the window feels good and the I listen to the sound of heavy rain as I try to drift off back to sleep. 20 mins go by, and I see an orangish hue of light outside. Turns out it wasn't raining at all, my house was on fire and the sound i had been hearing was debris falling off the roof onto the ground. My mother wasn't home. She had gone out to the bars and it was just my little sister age 7 and myself alone. I couldn't find where my mother left the cordless phone so I couldn't call 911.
    We also had a litter of 6 chow chow puppies and the mother which I loved. I get my sister outside and tell her to stay and hold the mother dog. I went back into the house now filling with black smoke to get the pupppies which were in a pen way back in the kitchen. I pick up 3. They are very heavy. I get out with the puppies and head back in to get the last 3, As I go back in the windows explodes from heat. It's hard to see or breathe. I pick up the last 3 puppies and head out. As I come out the front door I had to walk down the driveway to where my sister was. A fire truck comes racing in and almost runs me over. Neighbors must of called. We all get out safely. Weird how fire can sound like rain.

(I so will regret not using throw away account for this next one...)

Death by Twilight - 23 years old. Let's say, I really enjoyed the Twilight series books... My friend had already read them and kept trying to ruin it for me by telling me all the details. The movie was also coming out soon. I raced to read them all back to back for 4 days straight. I didn't do anything but lay on my bed and read. On the 4th day I finish the books. I feel sick. Feeling hot and not able to think straight. Rushed to ER by ambulance after my Ex says I start acting weird and not able to make sense of anything I say. Ended up with a blood infection and blood clot in my leg from not moving for 4 days while I read Twilight. I had to stay in the Hospital for 2 days.
    *SPOILER* Bella turns into a vampire, Edward and her live happily ever after. There. Saved a life.
    Last edited by Laraven; 2014-05-24 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably when I was a teenager when the pegs of my BMX passed under the bumper of a car while I was travelling extremely quickly down a hill.
    Driver pulled into the street instead of making a proper stop and scared the living hell out of me knowing even clipping him would have sent me flying off my bike.

Most recently, I had an incident after giving blood where my blood pressure dropped super low and I lost consciousness. I was at the chiropractor's office getting my spine x-rayed when I felt dizzy. Of course, feeling dizzy is nothing new for me, because I have an inner ear issue. However, I closed my eyes thinking I could just get through it by simply not watching the world cartwheel (which has worked in the past), and the next thing I knew the doctor was beside me trying to wake me up. It took a few seconds to register that I was on the floor and not standing. He helped me to a chair and left to get water, and I proceeded to pass out a second time, only with my head tilted in such a way that I had cut off my own airflow. I remember being cold all over, and hubby freaking out because I seriously looked dead (no colour to my face or extremities and my eyes were rolled up in my head). When they had me back on the floor with my legs elevated, it felt as if I was falling further into myself and I was struggling to "get to the surface", tunnel vision, etc. It was horrible. And the whole time, I was scared I was going to up and die because I simply could not stay conscious.

I've also been shot at, and that freaked me the hell out because it was dark and I can't see for shit in low light, compared to most people who can at least see by streetlight. So it was dark, I could hear bullets wizing by and I couldn't see to get to safety. Ended up tripping over a tree root and spraining my knee.

Almost got hit by a car once. I was walking home from school one day and was about to cross the street. I saw a car approaching, and decided to cross the street anyway because I thought the car would actually stop for the sign that was there. NOPE. The freaking guy decides to speed past the stop sign (without stopping) while I'm in the middle of the road. The car was literally an inch in front of me as he was driving by me, had I been walking faster I probably would've been hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the a backroad through the outside of my town on my bicycle (decent ride with all the steep banks), where all the farms and small villages are, huge bank with a massive oak tree at the bottom + each side of the road is surrounded by 7feet+ bushes. Bottom of the bank is a one of them Z turns, you can't see oncoming traffic, worst thing is it's a blind corner, I'm coming round the corner, felt like I'm doing 30mph coming up to the corner, I slow down, as I get to the end of the Z a jeep comes speeding round, in the middle of the road, almost taking up my lane, I spear off into a bush.

The guy stops, foot still on the break, must of been 20seconds + before he gets out to check if I'm ok. I was, few scrapes and pretty deep cut but nothing serious.

The adrenaline after though, oh my.

Drunk, drove, crashed into a brick building. I didn't hurt anyone, but thinking about it after made me realize I really could have killed myself being so stupid... or someone else. I learned my lesson and never did it again.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    2 different ones rank up there.
    When I was little my dad took me to the beach, my dad was not the best at paying attention to me. I nearly drowned, like I remember things starting to get fuzzy I guess. I remember being picked up, and some guy trying to talk to me.
    I have been fairly tentative of large bodies of water since.
    The second was in the military at Ft. Irwin. I was "injured" and was being moved to a medevac point on a LMTV. I was on a bench, and kept feeling like I was sliding and I started yelling for one of the people in the back but fell off the thing (I was on a stretcher board with my arms latched to my side) and a lot of dust was kicked up behind our vehicle thankfully the driver behind us saw me, otherwise I would have been dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    When my parents walked in on me jerking it to tell me I had a visitor who was standing right behind them in the hallway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly getting T-boned on 2222 in Austin, Tx. Worst intersection ever, and I would have died with the speed the red light runner was going.

Deleted
    Those few seconds where, after being knocked off my motorcycle and sliding down the road tearing up my leathers, I regain conciousness....and I'm afraid to try to move just in case I cant....

Turns out I was fine, if you consider a £9k brand new superbike being totalled fine....and me with bruises over about 80% of my body so I could barely move for a couple of weeks, and a couple of cracked ribs....but otherwise I was damm lucky. The driver of the van that caused it however....he was totally fucked over by the police, my insurance company and my lawyer, serves him right. Fucked my leathers, and my helmet faceplate was totally scratched to buggery so I had not been wearing fully protective gear I'd have lost a huge amount of skin and most likely half my face...

Its not death I fear. I have no problem with death. Its living that scare the shit out of me. If I was paralyzed or mentally injured, I dont think I could cope. I know others do, and thats fine, but for me, I'd rather die in the crash than live on like that.

It wasn't the grenades or rounds but the knowledge that once I died it was all for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a valve cap with 180 psi on it explode in my face last week. All I saw was white and I thought I was dead. The white was the air condensing because of the pressure difference. When I hit the ground I knew I wasn't dead. I didn't feel anything on my face which scared me even more because I knew there was no way something didn't blow off or get shot in. Luckily nothing did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    Oh god, I remember that. "You're gonna jump on 3 recruit! ONE, TWO *push*"
    I jumped before the push :P I just remember it being one of the best days of basic because I got to see the females in Bikini's, the first women I had seen (Other then the eye doctor) in like three weeks.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    When my parents walked in on me jerking it to tell me I had a visitor who was standing right behind them in the hallway.
    Winner!

/o face
    You cared enough to post.

Mine was some years back.
    Me and some friends were waiting for the buss, when a semi truck drove by (70-80 km/h) and there was this weird sound from the end of it.
    As the truck passed by, we saw one of the wheels falling off, (the very last wheel on it, if that makes sense?) the driver didn't notice, but it came right at us, and let tell you, it was neither slow nor small!
    Everything sort of happend in slowmotion, so it felt like you had a whole lifetime of thinking, while watching the wheel come closer and closer. So fast, yet so "slow", then not much more then 30 cm from us, it hit a tiny hole at the busstop and jumped over me and a friend (could feel it touch my hair), and landed behind us, before it hit a parked jeep. The Impact actually moved the jeep 2-3 meters and smashed the passenger door into the car. (If anyone would have been sitting there, they would be dead)