I don't do any damage in PvP

Playing as sub, I'm horde so no double trinket. Ilevel 539 at the moment.

I don't do damage in arena, I always burst when my proc trinket is up but even then the highest evis I've ever seen was 91k on a monk who have almost no armour.

I've been hit in bgs on my monk for a 160k+ evis and 100k+ ambushes, I know that could be berserking plus pots and buffs but honestly I feel the damage difference is far too large.

On average in arena my ambushes crit for under 60k and evis about the same if not a little higher.

When I burst I have slice up, proc trinket and dance but it just never seems to make an impact.

Reforged fully to crit then mastery btw.

Even on training dummies I'm hitting only 300k ambushes (which translates to 90k in pvp).
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-24 at 06:58 PM.

The more mastery the harder your evisc. So those people that hit you hard are most likely going the mastery route instead.

Also, yes sub does good damage but remember its much more better in the control department of things. When bursting are you sure you got master of sub buff, bleed on target and using prey on the weak talent? They add up to lots of damage on the opener. Marked for death makes for great burst if you use it right.

I haven't been doing pvp this season so not sure of how the numbers are nowdays but in griev gear i was hitting your numbers.
    Last edited by pkm; 2014-05-24 at 07:42 PM.

Sub is for controll in arena, you'll need someone else for the damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues this expansion were never the "carry DPS guy" at pvp, doing shit damage outside of aligned stars is normal, 60K ambushes sounds really good actually...
    I mean, you can do retarded damage during the first subterfuge with every damage modifier up and MfD double Evis, literally wiping 60%+ of anyone's HP without even using your Dance which is still a strong burst and incredibly good skill to set up kills.

During WotLK and Cata we could perform the job of actually killing the opponent really well, we used to do damage regardless of our current state and still perform our role without the need to re-stealth every time. Today, most of your utility and damage is tied to Stealth mechanics as sub, faerie fairy
    for example will turn you into a almost useless Rogue and you can't do much about it...

This is from 2s perspective and being double dps (healers are for cowards).

i run 2s with a warrior, was sub before but there are so many healers and "dps healing" atm so couldnt get enough dmg out as sub. tried Mut one evening. havent looked back.. mut gives such crazy 8sec burst, if you get procs aswell you can literally kill them in cheap shot from opener.

KEEP IN MIND, im not stating Mut is better than Sub, im only saying that if you know how to play all rogues specs decently. just try mut for a few arenas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

i reforged to mastery and stuff, seems to be a little better now. Also guess para poison is a bit of a bandaid to fix bad play, going prey on the weak now.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i reforged to mastery and stuff, seems to be a little better now. Also guess para poison is a bit of a bandaid to fix bad play, going prey on the weak now.
    Para poison is actually quite good for 2v2 if you play with a healer and not a dps. Often the 4s stun will provide you with a strong amount of extra dps time, or will allow you to pool energy while chipping away at the healers hp with bleeds and auto-attacks. Para stun is also the only way to really kill a MW monk solo, not to mention the root is extremely potent for peeling and works wonders for getting re-stealths, as well as rooting mages after you garrote, which in effect makes you not need to use cheap shot as long as they aren't a 'jumper'.

4s Para stun > Kidney Shot is a very strong combo if done correctly, and although the poison is sometimes unreliable and doesn't directly give damage, it sets up many opportunities to ruin the enemies strategy with random stuns, roots, and even when it's DR'd it can interrupt casts, it has many uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Playing as sub, I'm horde so no double trinket. Ilevel 539 at the moment.

I don't do damage in arena, I always burst when my proc trinket is up but even then the highest evis I've ever seen was 91k on a monk who have almost no armour.

I've been hit in bgs on my monk for a 160k+ evis and 100k+ ambushes, I know that could be berserking plus pots and buffs but honestly I feel the damage difference is far too large.

On average in arena my ambushes crit for under 60k and evis about the same if not a little higher.

When I burst I have slice up, proc trinket and dance but it just never seems to make an impact.

Reforged fully to crit then mastery btw.

Even on training dummies I'm hitting only 300k ambushes (which translates to 90k in pvp).
    Apart from what others have said, there's the likelihood of your opponent having defensive a up when you're trying to burst. I mean, as much as you want to use your trink procs, they won't be as useful as if you push for their defensive then burst after they've dropped.

Then again, I'm fairly new at pvp myself, but I go for the on use trinks more so I can control my burst at opportune times.

Might i make two basic suggestions?

Number 2 just launched this morning

And
    Last edited by Sativ; 2014-05-26 at 07:09 PM.

I actually watched all those already

I think my biggest problem was not gearing for mastery, though ambushes are still feeling pretty weak. Guess that will come with gear.

yeah man, Gear is the single most important thing for a rogue. We scale so insanely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Might i make two basic suggestions? ...
    So much love for your videos honestly!
    Might return and go full rogue just because of the sake of it. love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by sicstynine View Post
    So much love for your videos honestly!
    Might return and go full rogue just because of the sake of it. love you <3
    D'aww. It's good to see you return to the shadows, friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Might i make two basic suggestions?

Subscribed, need to learn how to play my boosted sub rogue.