Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,415
    You know Blizzard employees wont be mad if you speak out against the Store. You can disagree with things Blizzard does.

    It continuously boggles my mind why you would pay an initial fee and a sub fee, then think its alright to have content gated behind additional store purchases. They'll only get away with as much as you let them.

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm not this forums Moderator. I am also another human just like everyone else here. Having a 'tag' doesn't mean I can't have opinions, and if anything, my opinion wasn't anything wrong or absurd.

    The cash shop is there if you want it. If you don't want to buy anything from it- then don't. Its not a hard decision. Its not unfair or anything horrible that Blizzard is doing.
    It's taking time away from developing models and mounts for the current game, and adding a button that's constantly on your screen advertising their store, despite the game already being P2P.

    Assuming that the people who don't like it are just somehow jealous or angry they can't get or afford stuff off the store is wrong. Some of us just fundamentally find the idea of developers of a subscription game taking time to develop mounts to charge subscribers for.

  3. #43
    WoW going free to play "soon" is something that has been thrown around for years.
    Every time we bring up the "not happened yet" argument we are just told it is inevitable, always "coming".

    The store is no different from how it was during its introduction in wrath.
    The level boost whatever people might want to believe is because the community made levelling a horrible experience.
    Is exactly why in random groups there are persistent shortages of healers and tanks.

    The store has not become anything new or different, only the players unwilling or incapable of providing a better argument that are being obnoxious.

    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's taking time away from developing models and mounts for the current game, and adding a button that's constantly on your screen advertising their store, despite the game already being P2P.

    Assuming that the people who don't like it are just somehow jealous or angry they can't get or afford stuff off the store is wrong. Some of us just fundamentally find the idea of developers of a subscription game taking time to develop mounts to charge subscribers for.
    First one during Wrath.
    If people felt as strongly as they make out, then they should have left the game YEARS ago.
    Back up your words with actions, leave the game, leave feedback for blizzard and shut up.
    Anyone making so much noise about the store but continuing to play is simply a liar.
    It is not going away, accept it, grow up and shut up or leave.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-05-24 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That is ridiculous. If people are using it (which they are), then why is it a horrible idea?
    I will tell you why: its not F2P game (yet) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_ethics

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    WoW going free to play "soon" is something that has been thrown around for years.
    Every time we bring up the "not happened yet" argument we are just told it is inevitable, always "coming".

    The store is no different from how it was during its introduction in wrath.
    The level boost whatever people might want to believe is because the community made levelling a horrible experience.
    Is exactly why in random groups there are persistent shortages of healers and tanks.

    The store has not become anything new or different, only the players unwilling or incapable of providing a better argument that are being obnoxious.



    First one during Wrath.
    If people felt as strongly as they make out, then they should have left the game YEARS ago.
    Back up your words with actions, leave the game, leave feedback for blizzard and shut up.
    Anyone making so much noise about the store but continuing to play is simply a liar.
    It is not going away, accept it, grow up and shut up or leave.
    Sorry but this is a load of bollocks, it really is.


    It's possible to disagree with one of Blizzard's philosophies but still enjoy the game you know?

    It's not as simple as "LOVE EVERYTHING BLIZZARD DO!!" or "HATE EVERYTHING BLIZZARD DO!!".

    I disagree with the idea of a cash shop on a P2P game, but WoW brought enough joy that I still played.

    However, I have quit until WoD at least now, as going a 3rd year without content I find unacceptable on a completely different level.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You know Blizzard employees wont be mad if you speak out against the Store. You can disagree with things Blizzard does.

    It continuously boggles my mind why you would pay an initial fee and a sub fee, then think its alright to have content gated behind additional store purchases. They'll only get away with as much as you let them.
    Because different people are different and its totally okay if they feel differently than you do?

    My last car cost close to $40,000 dollars and guess what? That didn't get me every extra, every misc feature or USB port/etc. Despite dropping forty thousand dollars on this thing, I would have to pay more to get those options.

    That's life. That's just how it works. Businesses are not charitable, they are not honorable, they are generally not run by decent souls who put the working man/woman ahead of their own success. They are businesses that need to make money to thrive and to continue to be able to provide a service.

    Some of you act as if Blizzard are like, freaking nazis or something for selling mounts in a video game. Its annoying and also a bit pathetic.

    And furthermore some of you seem to forget that other companies do it and often to a much more ridiculous degree, such as on-disc DLC (complete, playable data already in the game when you buy it, locked until you buy it) unlike these mounts, which are created and patched in later.

    Frankly, it comes across like a bunch of whining from people who want the mounts, but either can't afford them or refuse to buy them on some half-assed principle that Blizzard somehow owes them every piece of art, sound and code that they come up with because of a sub fee. (hint: they don't)

    When you buy WoW you get exactly what it says you get. When you buy an expansion, you get exactly what it says you get.

    And sure, lets ignore the GBs of content patches, raids, dungeons, armor, etc that we're not changed a penny for. Lets ignore the fact that there are close to 400 mounts in the game which, almost 90 pieces of highly-detailed cosmetic gear from challenge modes (versus 3 shitty, low-poly helms from their store) and around a thousand battle pets readily available in game.

    No, ignore all that. Lets just whine and bitch and flail and piss and moan about the 7 mounts in the store, the 8 (?) pets in the store, and those 3 helms which according to some of you somehow represent the majority of the game's cosmetic items. I had no idea that 3 was the majority of 88. I guess I'm not as good at math as I thought.

    It is depressingly, worryingly alarming that some people are so incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. You guys are really going to struggle with shit that actually matters when it comes along.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    The store doesn't bother you in-game... ever. EQ and SWTOR both have the stores up front and center, always bugging you about going to it. WoW could do it as well but they do not. The store is there if you want to go on it, but for those who want nothing to do with it will not see it.
    This. If you want to see an MMO where a game has an in-game store that's onboxious and in your face, just have a gander at this gem from Anet's homepage:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/p...the-gem-store/

    Every week there's a new post on the home page about how much crap they're peddling in the Gem Store, this week features a shameless plug about spending real life money to buy in-game gold.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Assuming that the people who don't like it are just somehow jealous or angry they can't get or afford stuff off the store is wrong. Some of us just fundamentally find the idea of developers of a subscription game taking time to develop mounts to charge subscribers for.
    Because their entire team stops what they're doing to work on those mounts, right? Warlords development comes to a screeching halt because some random artist cries out "Eureka! I just thought of a sparkly goat mount that we can sell in the store! TO THE ARTMOBILE, EVERYONE!"

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,754
    You are basing the first argument/point of this post on an assumption. You have no idea if the 2 datamined mounts will be for the shop. The shop isn't obnoxious or in your face at all. I didn't even know it was there for at least a week or two. Now that I do know it's there I just ignore it and carry on.

    WoW doesn't have to go F2P. That is the difference between it and the games that you mentioned that have made the switch. WoW is still healthy and incredibly profitable, there is no reason for them to make the switch. Yes the subs will decline, and they will rise. That is the nature of the business.

  10. #50
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,270
    The store is not obnoxious. You are free to ignore it and not use any of its (great) features. Please complain somewhere else and hang your fedora on the rack when you leave.

  11. #51
    Nothing in the store increases your strength in game, your post is bad and you should feel bad.

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because their entire team stops what they're doing to work on those mounts, right? Warlords development comes to a screeching halt because some random artist cries out "Eureka! I just thought of a sparkly goat mount that we can sell in the store! TO THE ARTMOBILE, EVERYONE!"
    Again, that's a nice strawman but it's not what I said at all.

    It doesn't matter if it's 1 developer or 100 developers, I still disagree with the idea of taking devs away from a subscription based game to work on paid mounts and pets.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Again, that's a nice strawman but it's not what I said at all.

    It doesn't matter if it's 1 developer or 100 developers, I still disagree with the idea of taking devs away from a subscription based game to work on paid mounts and pets.
    Tough. What you agree or disagree with doesn't mean much and if they can both afford to do it and see results then it's a smart business move.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Again, that's a nice strawman but it's not what I said at all.

    It doesn't matter if it's 1 developer or 100 developers, I still disagree with the idea of taking devs away from a subscription based game to work on paid mounts and pets.
    And that's your right. But its their company, not yours, therefore your approval of what they do with their time, art and game assets means approximately jackshit.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Tough. What you agree or disagree with doesn't mean much and if they can both afford to do it and see results then it's a smart business move.
    I never claimed otherwise did I?

    It's a forum and i'm stating my opinion that I don't agree with it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And that's your right. But its their company, not yours, therefore your approval of what they do with their time, art and game assets means approximately jackshit.
    Again, I never stated it means anything, so calm down Mr White Knight, i'm simply stating my opinion on a public forum that I disagree with it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

    Maybe you need new carpets?
    If you are going to stalk out my posts to quote them try posting something non idiotic (it might make a nice change). Working on the assumption (hilarious) that I can see my underfelt and therefore find it to be obnoxious. If my assumption was false then I have no idea wtf you are on about.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I never claimed otherwise did I?

    It's a forum and i'm stating my opinion that I don't agree with it

    - - - Updated - - -



    Again, I never stated it means anything, so calm down Mr White Knight, i'm simply stating my opinion on a public forum that I disagree with it.
    And people are posting on the forum disagreeing with your opinion. Does that mean you're suddenly being attacked and have to resort to calling people names when they respond? Grow up.

  18. #58
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,769
    The only thing that's annoying me is that to my knowledge, Blizzard has told us nothing about what will happen to the TCG loot when they discontinue the physical trading card game in favour of Hearthstone. Will the loot from the TCG become discontinued in favour of things that they will make and sell on the store/in-game store?

    Beyond that, the store doesn't bother me that much.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you are going to stalk out my posts to quote them try posting something non idiotic (it might make a nice change). Working on the assumption (hilarious) that I can see my underfelt and therefore find it to be obnoxious. If my assumption was false then I have no idea wtf you are on about.
    Who are you? Oh, yeah, the paperclip guy. If you can see your underfelt you need new carpet.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And people are posting on the forum disagreeing with your opinion. Does that mean you're suddenly being attacked and have to resort to calling people names when they respond? Grow up.
    When somebody starts swearing at me I feel the need to attack back yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •