Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,685
    As an alliance player I have to whole-heartedly disagree that the wolf mount is lack-luster.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    Tons of games have seen success after making the switch, and while WoW still dominates the sub market, it's in a decline. Once it slips a bit more, wouldn't it seem like a good idea to go free-to-play? It has the potential to reinvigorate the game.
    I personally wouldn't want it. I agree that Blizzard charge in too many ways for the same game, and that this is bad. But the direction I would like them to go is to ditch the store and to make all paid-for services free, retaining the sub. Sub is predictable, it's all upfront, I consider this a huge plus.

  3. #143
    The Patient reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    313
    I like the in-game store for WoW. It's not right in your face like other games.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    I like the in-game store for WoW. It's not right in your face like other games.
    WoW launcher starts up.

    BUY BUY BUY, NEW WOD MOUNT. 6 MONTHS EARLIER THAN WHEN ARE ACTUALLY RELEASING THE EXPANSION
    NEW LEVEL 90 BOOST GUIDE
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  5. #145
    Bloodsail Admiral matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    WoW launcher starts up.

    BUY BUY BUY, NEW WOD MOUNT. 6 MONTHS EARLIER THAN WHEN ARE ACTUALLY RELEASING THE EXPANSION
    NEW LEVEL 90 BOOST GUIDE
    lol I just opened my wow launcher. Nothing what so ever about buying anything, minus the tiny little letters for pre order WoD. Hypberbole more pls?

    I swear the way some of you post one would assume you had stock in Wildstar or something. Why else would you post with such blatant biased and blind negativity?
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2014-05-26 at 01:21 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol I just opened my wow launcher. Nothing what so ever about buying anything, minus the pre order for WoD. Hypberbole more pls?
    It was there for the past couple of months. Its been replaced by and Ad for that Azeroth Chopper Bs.
    The preorder boost thing is still up there.

    The fact is that you are paying 15$ a month, and are being advertised to still.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Sorry but this is a load of bollocks, it really is.


    It's possible to disagree with one of Blizzard's philosophies but still enjoy the game you know?

    It's not as simple as "LOVE EVERYTHING BLIZZARD DO!!" or "HATE EVERYTHING BLIZZARD DO!!".

    I disagree with the idea of a cash shop on a P2P game, but WoW brought enough joy that I still played.

    However, I have quit until WoD at least now, as going a 3rd year without content I find unacceptable on a completely different level.
    Disagree yes, but the store is no different from what it has been since its introduction.
    Always lots of arguments about what the store has "become" or is "becoming", which are simply a load of rubbish from people who want to blame someone else for their dislike of the game.
    If any of those players felt the way they say they do, then they should have left the game.
    It isn't much of an issue as its made out to be if you continue to play.

    They want to blame the store, blame the casuals, blame any given developer in blizzard, etc.
    Rather than just being mature enough to leave it behind, must always blame someone for it.

    The store model is WoW is very unintrusive, being just two buttons, one of which you won't see during actual play and the other you can even opt to have hidden with addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  8. #148
    Bloodsail Admiral matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    The fact is that you are paying 15$ a month, and are being advertised to still.
    Oh you mean like every other product in existence with a sub attached to it? Have you seen xbox live lately for example?

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They want to blame the store, blame the casuals, blame any given developer in blizzard, etc.
    Rather than just being mature enough to leave it behind, must always blame someone for it.
    Rather than just being mature enough to enjoy your awesome game, you must always whiteknight them. Its always whiteknight them here, whiteknight them there.

    Are you getting paid for it? Why do you feel the urge for whiteknighting them all the time?
    Last edited by z4x; 2014-05-26 at 01:51 PM.

  10. #150
    While I won't be surprised if the Reaver and the new hitching post end up in the store, I'm not going to freak out about it nor do I know for sure that's where they'll end up. I'm also not going to claim store mounts are the harbingers of free to play.

    Edit: now that I look, the Warforged Nightmare shows up on Blizzard's site as a mount, but I don't think the Iron Warhorse ever did. I guess they're going to work differently where the Warforged Nightmare is an actual mount that can spawn a hitching post and the Iron Warhorse is a mount transformation or temporary mount.
    Last edited by manypillars; 2014-05-26 at 02:38 PM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh you mean like every other product in existence with a sub attached to it? Have you seen xbox live lately for example?
    Nope. Have a PS4 entirely because of Xbox live.
    And no, the Ps4 does not have adds, even with its sub fee.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  12. #152
    Bloodsail Admiral matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Rather than just being mature enough to enjoy your awesome game, you must always whiteknight them. Its always whiteknight them here, whiteknight them there.

    Are you getting paid for it? Why do you feel the urge for whiteknighting them all the time?
    Why do you feel the urge to bash and bash the game? If you don't like it don't play it. An amazingly simple concept that is seemingly rare in practice. What do you gain by coming to a wow fan site and hating wow? Are you getting paid by a competing game to do so?

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Disagree yes, but the store is no different from what it has been since its introduction.
    Always lots of arguments about what the store has "become" or is "becoming", which are simply a load of rubbish from people who want to blame someone else for their dislike of the game.
    If any of those players felt the way they say they do, then they should have left the game.
    It isn't much of an issue as its made out to be if you continue to play.

    They want to blame the store, blame the casuals, blame any given developer in blizzard, etc.
    Rather than just being mature enough to leave it behind, must always blame someone for it.

    The store model is WoW is very unintrusive, being just two buttons, one of which you won't see during actual play and the other you can even opt to have hidden with addons.
    You shouldnt have to resort to a 3rd party addon in order to have the hide store option available.
    And its just as immature to white knight blizzard for everything they do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do you feel the urge to bash and bash the game? If you don't like it don't play it. An amazingly simple concept that is seemingly rare in practice. What do you gain by coming to a wow fan site and hating wow? Are you getting paid by a competing game to do so?
    Because no one here hates the game, they do not like the direction the game is going and want to not see the game they like turn to shit.
    Food for thought, once critics leave entirely, it means the game is actually dead and not worth playing.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  14. #154
    Bloodsail Admiral matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Because no one here hates the game, they do not like the direction the game is going and want to not see the game they like turn to shit.Food for thought, once critics leave entirely, it means the game is actually dead and not worth playing.
    To be fair, my comment was not directed to you at all, and I'm fairly certain you understand the kind of poster my comment IS directed to instead. We have too many "WoW is shit" critics on these forums when what we need are "WoW could be better by doing this...." critics.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    To be fair, my comment was not directed to you at all,
    My comment was not directed to you either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •