Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How can PW:Shield Multistrike?

Sorry if this is painfully obvious, but how can PW:Shield have Multistrikes, when Weakened Soul prevents application of more than one Shield at a time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    Sorry if this is painfully obvious, but how can PW:Shield have Multistrikes, when Weakened Soul prevents application of more than one Shield at a time?
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but a multistrike is not actually a spell duplication, but a separate spell with 33% of the effect, I'm guessing they'd just implement and multistrike absorb so it's fair for all healers.

Well, perhaps Weakened Soul simply won't prevent PW:S multistrikes?

So what, PW:S multistrikes to make a bigger shield or something?

When a PW:S multistrikes it's not 2 shields it's 1 except it's bigger.

Deleted
    My guess as to how it will work:

Multistrike supposedly adds 2 copies at 30% power.
    Say a pw:a absorbs 100 dmg, a multistrike pw:s would absorb 160 (100+30+30)

Deleted
    The only point when multistrike might become undesirable is when we are capping out Divine Aegis within a normal, non-multistrike, cast. Given the inflated health pools though, this shouldn't be an issue!

One thing that I'm still totally confused about is which stats are actually making it into WoD. I was under the allusion that we weren't getting Cleave but that Multistrike and Amplify were in. Now I am reading that Amplify is out and I've seen a few blue posts discussing Cleave in the capacity of Discipline and along with Multistrike. Can anyone clarify this? Is Multistrike still planned as a tertiary stat or is it now a new secondary with Lifesteal, Movement Speed and so on remaining random tertiaries?

Perhaps I'm just not keeping up to date enough but I feel what is going on with the stat changes in WoD is massively confusing at times! So much chopping and changing...

Primary: Intellect, Strength, Agility
    Secondary: Haste, Mastery, Crit, Multistrike, Readiness(cd reduction)
    Tertiary: Lifesteal, Movement Speed, Socket, Increased item level, Indestructible(not entirely sure if this one will exist), Cleave(possible but likely to get cut).

Deleted
    Thanks! So, amplify is out entirely? Any idea on what will happen to trinkets like PPoP and PBoI come 6.0?

Last I checked Cleave was out so does it look like there is the possibility it might come back? Really sad to see that one going. And... Just to be annoying and ruin the topic even further... Is readiness now applicable to healers? I recall balance issues with the slated healer readiness trinket that saw it cut for SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Well, perhaps Weakened Soul simply won't prevent PW:S multistrikes?
    i'd go with this, ps:shield will give weakened soul, multistrikes will inc potency of that absorb, either way weakened soul will be on target so why not
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Cleave appears as a Tertiary stat, meaning it will appear on gear with a random chance such as you get with Warforged items, rather than being a budgeted stat which is always present on specific items

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    My guess as to how it will work:

Multistrike supposedly adds 2 copies at 30% power.
    Say a pw:a absorbs 100 dmg, a multistrike pw:s would absorb 160 (100+30+30)
    It adds UP to 2 copies at 30% power. It can add only 1 copy, or none depending on your RNG.

So its more like a non crit PW Shield could be 100%, 130%, 160% (2 non crit MS), 160% (1 crit MS), 190% or 220%

A crit PW Shield could be 200%, 230%, 260%, 260%, 290% or 320%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Thanks! So, amplify is out entirely? Any idea on what will happen to trinkets like PPoP and PBoI come 6.0?

Last I checked Cleave was out so does it look like there is the possibility it might come back? Really sad to see that one going. And... Just to be annoying and ruin the topic even further... Is readiness now applicable to healers? I recall balance issues with the slated healer readiness trinket that saw it cut for SoO.
    Well in regards to trinkets, first you should consider the item squish AND the new level cap. It would probably be undesirable at lv 100 to be using lv 90 trinkets.

As for readiness, we'll have to wait for the beta (or at least a datamined version) to see just what spells it would affect. The current readiness for disc that was datamined shows the following: Shadowfiend, Pain Suppression, Inner Focus, Hymn of Hope, Power Word: Barrier, and Void Shift.

I'm curious to know if Mindbender (which replaces Shadowfiend) would also be affected by Readiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Well in regards to trinkets, first you should consider the item squish AND the new level cap. It would probably be undesirable at lv 100 to be using lv 90 trinkets.
    Well, of course! I wasn't suggesting that we should all cling and hug to our level 90 trinkets when the new items become available. I don't think any trinket has been valuable into the next expansion (or two) since Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon. I might be wrong though! What I was wondering about is what will happen to the trinket in 6.0 SoO when the changes to itemisation has been made. If it is removed outright then I'd be more concerned about picking up a second healing trinket!

As for readiness, we'll have to wait for the beta (or at least a datamined version) to see just what spells it would affect. The current readiness for disc that was datamined shows the following: Shadowfiend, Pain Suppression, Inner Focus, Hymn of Hope, Power Word: Barrier, and Void Shift.

I'm curious to know if Mindbender (which replaces Shadowfiend) would also be affected by Readiness.
    If Shadowfiend is there, then probably. Void Shift and Hymn of Hope are both gone however.

Deleted
    I'd expect multistrikes to be completely seperate spell IDs while being the same spells as what procced them. Since you can't actively cast a multistrike PWS, there's no reason to even have it consider weakened soul. But they really have to consider buff bloat if they do it that way. Buffs and especially logs will be completely bloated if all specs run some form of multistrike that isn't part of the formulas of the spells that proc them. It'll probably end up like crit, simply saying "10000 holy, multistrike", since except the 1x/2x multiplier multistrike doesn't do anything random.

I just hope they really don't fuck that up. I can't believe they put those Nazgrim/Thok trinkets in without allowing shields to multistrike on a class that does upwards of 60% of their healing through shields. Quite sad amplify is gone. PVP likely killed that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take the 1st shield and add absorption amount of 2nd shield. Then refresh duration?

Deleted
    Its a separate spellID right now, called Multistrike, and it doesn't say what has multistriked. Means you'd have to track another absorb in Vuhdo or whatever you use sigh. Plus it'd get eaten before PWS but I think Rapture is gone so that isn't an issue then.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Primary: Intellect, Strength, Agility
    Secondary: Haste, Mastery, Crit, Multistrike, Readiness(cd reduction)
    Tertiary: Lifesteal, Movement Speed, Socket, Increased item level, Indestructible(not entirely sure if this one will exist), Cleave(possible but likely to get cut).
    Cleave is gone. It is only desirable for healers, not damage dealers, and that would turn gear into healer-only gear if it had Cleave on it which isn't something Blizzard wants (except with Spirit of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    logically i think it would act as a sudo crit and would just increase the absorb value

Even assuming that multi-strike works with absorbs and totem healing -lightwell is probably dubious - (yup two healing tens neither the shaman nor I would touch either the cleave or the multistrike, the first ones went to the dps/healer and the second to DE), multi-strike seems to be a critical strike that doesn't trigger the class specific benefits of a critical strike. Therefore, it should be avoided by discipline in favor of crit. It should be okay as a stat for holy since holy doesn't get any "bonus effect" from crit.

Living seed (druid), the pally whatever for critical holy shock, mana for shaman on critical heals, and divine aegis all argue for "multi-strike is a less form of crit - skip it if you can".

Deleted
    Multistrike is more like a weak, separate ripple effect, echo, or aftershock from an earthquake on a single target. It is weaker than crit (but probably not 1:1 in stat available) because crits are 150% (DPS) or 200% (healer) while multistrike is a net result of 130% but because it isn't part of the real effect it doesn't work at all with things like Fire Mage Ignite. It being weaker than crit is fine; its intended as a minor bonus and tertiary stats makes farming and squeezing out the last small bits more fun.

Doesn't Holy crit for 200% and Disc for 150%?

I suppose there is some synergy between crit and multistrike? Perhaps a point where you'd stop with crit and go for multistrike? That could be interesting for certain classes which get crit capped. But again, because its a tertiary stat, its likely rather small. It also allows Blizzard to go for multistrike on a class mechanic instead of crit. They recently did something to that extend when redesigning Frost Mage, allowing Frost to scale again with crit, by giving it more base multistrike (from their armor if I remember correct).
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2014-05-28 at 03:43 PM.