Poll: What would you have done?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I didn't mean the job but more as an entity , Specifically the american military.

It is made for profit.
    There is no profit for those serving, If I went into the civvie sector I could double my salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    There is no profit for those serving, If I went into the civvie sector I could double my salary.
    Exactly why i got out, tired of living from paycheck to paycheck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I did not mean to imply that , I was just trying to draw the similarities between the corporate and military sector in the sense that they are both profit machines just in different ways.

I can't fucking explain myself when I'm this tired . See you next time folks.

Look at it this way. Many businesses have very small profit margins, like 1-2%. If they can't make a profit they'll close down and you'll all be out of a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    He knew the risk, any citizen should report him for stealing. Seriously, if by stealing freaking soda you risk to lose the job, why the fuck you do this? Its freaking soda, if you want to go and buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I wouldn't have reported him, no.
    In a society where so much evil happens you should stand together against oppression, not buy into the rewards of the bad guys.
    That is how fascism works. Eventually they reward you for telling on anyone who speaks bad about the government, etc.

It is very simple:

The thief knew what the penalty for stealing was.

The thief also did not care enough to hide his own tracks.

The thief accepted the risk of being fired simply by committing the crime.

I think it is both a good and a wise thing you did by reporting the thief.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I once worked with a co-worker who was fired because they stole (if you can call it that) 50 cents from the cash till because no one had any change on them that night and they were short for bus money. There was no manager in that night, so they left a note explaining the problem and said they would "repay" the 50 cents the next time they worked. The manager didn't seem to like it and they were let go. Theft was theft in their eyes. How do you feel about that?
    What happened to your co-worker sounds horribly unreasonable.

I suppose management takes even petty "theft" seriously, because it indicates a lack of integrity on the part of the thief. If they're willing to steal something small, what makes you think they wouldn't steal something far more expensive (if they aren't already)?

What people would do for such a little amount of money is really sad.

This world.

Homophobia is so gay.

A) His fault for stealing soda
    B) Who cares its soda
    C) If I was one of your work colleagues, now I wouldn't want to work with you because now I know you don't have my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    THE WORLD IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE!
    He was stealing from the corporation - it's his HUMAN RIGHT. Just because it's lumped under the same stealing law doesn't make it wrong.
    It's his human right to steal other people's property?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    It's his human right to steal other people's property?
    Now that you wondered back in, do you pirate any form of material?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You're not working at a theme park by any chance are you?
    lol why does 7am scream theme park? I have to get up at 6 to BE THERE at 7 for my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm not talking about businesses. I'm talking about corporations. BIG, no, HUGE difference. It doesn't need to be a need item either. Stop inventing arbitrary rules. The guy was fighting against corporation in the only way he safely could. Stealing soda. In less amounts that gets wasted during transportation.
    Right, that must have been it. He wasn't thirsty, no, he was fighting for the great anti-corporate cause. He was fighting for the human rights of enslaved peoples everywhere. What a guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane88 View Post
    The guy stole, got caught. What's the issue here? I don't understand why so many people are making this thief out to be a white knight that's going to save the day. I'd have told him to his face as he was leaving that it was me. Shit like that ruins good things for everyone else. For arguments sake, let's say it was a vending machine. Management decides to remove the machine because some jackass thinks it's OK to take something without paying. How is this fair?
    No one is defending the thief here, and it wasn't a vending machine, so that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane88 View Post
    The guy stole, got caught. What's the issue here? I don't understand why so many people are making this thief out to be a white knight that's going to save the day. I'd have told him to his face as he was leaving that it was me. Shit like that ruins good things for everyone else. For arguments sake, let's say it was a vending machine. Management decides to remove the machine because some jackass thinks it's OK to take something without paying. How is this fair?
    The guy was thirsty and got a drink, if they don't offer free drinks to their employees that seems super odd since most fast food places give free refills. Im usually pretty tough on crime, but this amounts to nothing. Those fountain drink materials amount to a few cents, and the glass is like 5 cents. So you would fire an employee over 10 cents?. I actually don't even believe this story is true because what boss would want to retrain a new employee over 8 cents?.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Look at it this way. Many businesses have very small profit margins, like 1-2%. If they can't make a profit they'll close down and you'll all be out of a job.
    I'm fairly certain businesses with such small margins are failing or reinvesting.