Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it possible to do what this guy did in 1 yr without steroids?

http://i.imgur.com/BYHxCjx.gif

I'm sure people have seen the gif before since I saw it 2-3 years ago originally. It's a time lapse of 365 days. Is it possible he did this naturally with a perfect diet and routine? His name is John Stone.

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: YEeeeeeesss. But no for real, this is plenty achievable without steroids. Heck, six months of a solid routine and diet can get you this if you work hard. Sigh, so many myths to dispel in fitness about steroid use.

Sure. You can usually tell when someone is using steroids, and it doesn't look to me like he has.

looks pretty doable. he maintained roughly the same body mass. Even w.o a well planned out diet i would say it possible.

i liek to eatz. so my tummy can continue hanging

10+ Year Old Account
    He aint that fat to begin with id say yes he could of gotten in shape without steroids, just looks to me on his first pic is out of shape judging by the beer or soda gut.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Absolutely - this is what a proper diet should be - high in protein and lifting heavy. End result is what the pic is - lean, with your muscle still in tact, as opposed to someone crash dieting and losing a wad of muscle along the way.
    Also, he has tanned and waxed - shit makes a huge difference. I shaved my arms once in the shower and my veins looked hella crazy. He isn't 8% though. More around 9-10%
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of mild cutting agents, but depending on his genetics, and whether he'd lifted before, it could very well be possible natty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those pictures are 9 months apart... the 2nd and 3rd picture are only 5 months apart. It looks pretty suspicious to have that big muscle growth in just 5 months, especially when he has lost fat during that period, too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A steady diet of boots 2 ass.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Yes he simply gained alot fatloss

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Those pictures are 9 months apart... the 2nd and 3rd picture are only 5 months apart. It looks pretty suspicious to have that big muscle growth in just 5 months, especially when he has lost fat during that period, too.....
    He did have some muscle development, though his legs likely retained musclemass from being heavier a long time (life-long fatties can develop HUGE leg-musculature beneath all the trimmings.)
    Fat to muscle volume ratio is 2.25:1.

His musclemass largely remain unchanged - so he most likely did sit-ups daily, used a treadmill regularly, and weights ~once a week.
    Undoubtedly, he stopped sodas, chilli cheese-fries, and junk-foods:
    -1000 calories per day (less junk-foods) intake for 250 days could do it alone.
    Otherwise:
    -50/day base-metabolic rate increase for getting off the couch: (-12,500)
    -250 calories avg via 1hr/day exercise (-62,500)

45lbs=184,000 calories
    =108,500 calories needed to be lost via diet...
    /250 days = ~440 fewer calories of junk per day: 1 soda, bread on a burger, sugar cereal or dinner-sauces....

Done.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

For the gif?

Oh yeah. That's really just a matter of cutting, possibly cutting like crazy. Maybe you do some cardio but really all he did was drop his intake to a most likely unhealthy amount to get super lean.

For the website?

The progression photos of him lean to him big, that looks like he probably took something though I'm not sure the time frame. I just don't think he could have maintained the volume to get that big without a really big increase in caloric intake that would have resulted in more fat gain.

Then again it's absurdly easy to fake photos using that angle, bright lights and cooking spray.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post
    Absolutely - this is what a proper diet should be - high in protein and lifting heavy. End result is what the pic is - lean, with your muscle still in tact, as opposed to someone crash dieting and losing a wad of muscle along the way.
    Also, he has tanned and waxed - shit makes a huge difference. I shaved my arms once in the shower and my veins looked hella crazy. He isn't 8% though. More around 9-10%
    So you ever posting any proof of the BS in your sig?

Deleted
    Why not use the whole picture?

Guess when he started popping 'roids?

To me, the story that this series of pictures tells is quite clear; first picture shows a man who's not in a very good shape, and he decides to start exercising. The second picture shows a man who's on his way to getting into shape. The third picture shows a man who's been going to the gym like a madman, pushing himself to the absolute limit, reaching the peak of what his body is designed for. Then the man looks at himself in the mirror and realizes that this is it. No more muscles. And so he decides to get some "help".
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-05-27 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing at the end is quite insane, he looks so good in picture three but the last two he just looks unatural, and worse then picture two even imo <.<
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first 3 pics look fine... by pic #5 yeah, I'd say he's a raging rhoid head.

Be dedicated to yourself and you can achieve any body type you want.

Deleted
    I seriously doubt steroid use. Picture 1-3 is simply a result of a fatloss, no real mass gained. 3-5 is muscle gains but considered the low fat percantage and low muscle mass to begin with it is really not that hard to gain some decent gains in a short period of time. If this guy used steroids there would have been a bigger development of his trapezius and tricep bodyparts, which neither have made that much of a progress throughout his pictures.

In the end this guy isn't that muscular, he is just pretty shredded. His form is easily reached without any drug use with proper dedication and nutrition.
    Last edited by mmocf0ad466cc1; 2014-05-28 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Look at his legs/midsection, he has gained like five inches of muscle at each in just a couple of months :P I mean just going by straight size it is not normal.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    I seriously doubt steroid use.
    Yeah, or maybe it's just...