Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    A game of PURE PvP. Anytime you go to pure PvP, you get pure shit. Most people who PvP primarily, are asshats.
    A little bit rougher than I would have put it, but it's pretty true. I wouldn't say people who primarily PvP are asshats, but I would say a higher ratio exists in PvP than any other type of game. Anytime you get PvP competition, it's a little more "toxic" as people put it. It was like that when I played hockey, (Canadian) football, soccer, baseball. Even in Phys Ed class, the spirit of competition brings out a different side of people. Similar attitudes carried on when getting into StarCraft, Unreal, CounterStrike, AOE, WC3, Halo 2, MW2, etc. If you really want a fair comparison between LoL, and WoW, do some BGs or Arenas in WoW. Even back in 2005 on the release of WSG and AV, people in BGs raged and whatever all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Surge View Post
    Then you should consider yourself extremely lucky, because playing without trolls, report spammers, and douchebags is a RARITY in my experience.
    I dunno, in my ranked experiences the worst I saw were non english speakers (because I couldn't communicate with them) or people who quit at the start. Other than that, chat was mostly about game stuff. In my non ranked experience you get some whiny douches here and there... and as for ARAM .. thats where I see the shittiest people.

Now its possible that some of us (including me) are so bitter about some people and in certain communities, that we like to think that every game is full of trolls and douches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Surge View Post
    Then you should consider yourself extremely lucky, because playing without trolls, report spammers, and douchebags is a RARITY in my experience.
    Well I'm probably a bit seasoned when knowing where to ask and what to expect so I don't get too disappointed, but yea so far on this site especially people have been way more friendly and helpful than any other franchise. I was a nub in Diablo 3 as well and got a lot of negative reactions, and in wow I would dread being a nub right now. It seems like they get abused pretty bad.

I've also gotten a lot of favorable reviews from my teammates so idk if that helps. I don't even know how to do it back yet.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2014-05-27 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreoras View Post
    Get friends and play with them, I'm currently@ Diamond 2 and ive been playing with the same people since I started.
    If you play LoL solo ofc its boring and tedious and you will get teamed up with downies.
    This is pretty much as I can say, as well. I've quit WoW for the moment, mostly because I'm waiting for WoD. I have a friend who has been trying to get me into LoL forever. With the lul in content, I finally quit holding off and tried it.

Playing solo sucks. Even if you admit that you're still new and trying to get the hang of things, teammates are generally toxic and arrogant (then again, maybe I'm just unlucky). There was one game where the opposing laner was more friendly and helpful to me than my solo-teammates were (he was a platinum ranked smurf, so I was screwed anyways; buddy found out for me later, he looks up games that I play solo).

The buddies I do play with are essentially training/carrying me to 30 so I can play ranked with them. It's taken me ~15 levels' worth of games with them, but I've gotten better, and they've put up with my pleb-tier skills and noobishess while I've experimented and learned which champions I like and can get better with. At this point, I'm pretty set with Kayle, Katarina, Braum, and Nasus (who I've decided to make my main - I like the top lane). Games aren't so bad if you play with friends - even a 2-man pre-made is enough to carry a game. The two of them (3, if the other is on) are enough to carry a game on their own, and if I can hold my own in the top lane good enough, we pretty much have the entire game on lockdown (they either play as mid/ADC, or ADC/support).

Playing with friends is much more fun than playing solo. It's the only way to play WoW, and that applies to other games like LoL, or console games, etc. The only games I play solo are single-player games, and even then, I prefer to play multiplayer games given the chance. Give it a try.

I was going to try out LoD last week and I never got a chance to. It would be my first MOBA, but after reading over what you've said, KBWarriors, I think I'll pass. I mean the content of the game wouldn't stop me from wanting to try it out. The community seems toxic, that will.

OP, I think you had a few bad experiences, that's all. Sure, your teammates in LoL will sometimes be cranky towards you as a newbie, but that's because your newbie mistakes (and I am sure you made a lot of mistakes every match, it takes quite some time to learn how to play LoL well) affect them as well, you lose together. It has been my experience that if you approach LoL light-hearted with the desire to learn and willingness to communicate usefully, you'll be fine. Yes, some of the games will be unpleasant, but most not. Honestly, I think community-wise, both LoL and WoW are not as bad as they tend to paint it. There are bad apples everywhere, but, hey, not everybody in your office or in a cafeteria you have lunches in is an angel either. Patience, tolerance, cheerfulness, etc, go a long way.

TLDR: LoL is fine.

The League community is only bad because it's so big. It's actually not as bad as it could be. If you want to see elitism, try DOTA 2.