Poll: What is your "go to" dressing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ranch dressing is definitely my "go to". If it's a nice Italian restaurant, I get their Italian dressing but otherwise it's Ranch. I don't care for sweet dressings.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tapatio is my go to sauce for my salads.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I don't see Hot sauce on that list.
    You sound like my ex. She'd throw Hot sauce on everything.

But seriously, Ranch or go home. I won't eat a salad otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranch.
    It's a big deal in Alabama, as we put it on everything.
    EVERYTHING.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

I do my own dressing. So far everyone who ever tried it loved it.

It's basically 1 cup thick Greek Yogurt, roughly 3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 half tea spoon salt, 1 half tea spoon ground black pepper. Mix until uniform add to salad. It is significantly leaner then any crap you can buy in a jar. If you want to make the above dressing a bit more refreshing you can chop some fresh parsley or spearmint into it. If you want to turn it into a dip, use thin chopped parsley and leek in equal measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

It's a way of life.

Sriracha does go with almost anything.

Balsamic vinaigrette at the most. If you're covering your salad with gooey crap then the point of eating the salad was probably lost (both in taste and health)

10+ Year Old Account
    These days, creamy caesar made with greek yogurt rather then mayo. Low cal, high protein and doesn't taste bad.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispurr View Post
    So I found myself a debate with a friend as to what the most common type of salad dressing that is ordered at a restaurant, on a salad.

Note - Yes there are special types of dressing that you can get at certain places, this is for common dressings found. Not some special Mustard Vinaigrette you can only get at X restaurant.

The list of dressings come from a food channel list of top 10 common dressings.

Vote away!
    I make my own depending on what feel like.

But a quick lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and coriander is probably my default.

10+ Year Old Account
    i usually mix a bit of olive oil with some vinegar, add salt pepper and garlic and a bit of lemon juice

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    It's a way of life.
    Apparently, I had to be wary of eating anything she made, just because of surprise hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Sriracha does go with almost anything.
    So I've heard...my friend tried putting it on ice cream apparently as a statement recently...I'm sure it would be better on a salad though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, I had to be wary of eating anything she made, just because of surprise hot sauce.

So I've heard...my friend tried putting it on ice cream apparently as a statement recently...I'm sure it would be better on a salad though.

Hotsauce thread confirmed.

Only a few ones I really don't like , mainly this one.

Everything else I love , nothing is better than finding a really good new hot sauce. The quest to find the balance of spice to flavour is a complex one

Sriracha... I had a co-worker who raved about this a long long time ago (he didn't know the name at the time, only that it had a rooster on the bottle). With all the hype surrounding it now I decided to give it a shot. What is the big deal? It's neither the spiciest nor the boldest sauce I've ever had. It's like some kind of mild creamy sauce that wants to be spicy but can't pull itself together. Now, I'm not addicted to hot sauce, but I do have a taste to appreciate spicy and vinegar when done right. Sriracha just seems... well... lame. IMO if your gonna do spicy, my eyes need to water and my throat feel alive. So why do people rave about this thing?!

OT: Ranch is usually my go to when I'm not sure or in a hurry (to relate to the hot sauce question, Ranch is bold and stands out.) Cesear is fantastic on Cesear salads (of which I'm a fan but usually don't have to ask for it). Most vinaigrettes I've had are just too sour. There was this one dressing called "Green Goddess" I had at a salad place. I have no idea what it was or what was in it, but it was fantastic... accentuated the flavors without overpowering them. Had I my supreme choice, I would go with that one.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Sriracha... I had a co-worker who raved about this a long long time ago (he didn't know the name at the time, only that it had a rooster on the bottle). With all the hype surrounding it now I decided to give it a shot. What is the big deal? It's neither the spiciest nor the boldest sauce I've ever had. It's like some kind of mild creamy sauce that wants to be spicy but can't pull itself together. Now, I'm not addicted to hot sauce, but I do have a taste to appreciate spicy and vinegar when done right. Sriracha just seems... well... lame. IMO if your gonna do spicy, my eyes need to water and my throat feel alive. So why do people rave about this thing?!

OT: Ranch is usually my go to when I'm not sure or in a hurry (to relate to the hot sauce question, Ranch is bold and stands out.) Cesear is fantastic on Cesear salads (of which I'm a fan but usually don't have to ask for it). Most vinaigrettes I've had are just too sour. There was this one dressing called "Green Goddess" I had at a salad place. I have no idea what it was or what was in it, but it was fantastic... accentuated the flavors without overpowering them. Had I my supreme choice, I would go with that one.

Have you ever had ghost pepper sauce? That shit sound's right up your street. It hurts my insides.

Crème fraîche dressing.

Have you ever had ghost pepper sauce? That shit sound's right up your street. It hurts my insides.
    I've had ghost pepper spices, but not the sauce. They were just criminal enough to make me enjoy it, but I don't think I would go much further down that road.
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had ghost pepper spices, but not the sauce. They were just criminal enough to make me enjoy it, but I don't think I would go much further down that road.
    One time me and my friends mixed some from concentrate into red sauce and then put it on our pizza's , I went to the bathroom and touched my wedding sausage and had to go home and writhe about because the pain was so bad.

Never again.

One time me and my friends mixed some from concentrate into red sauce and then put it on our pizza's , I went to the bathroom and touched my wedding sausage and had to go home and writhe about because the pain was so bad.

Never again.
    Spiciness is a defense mechanism of plants. That's why the seeds of peppers are sometimes the hottest parts. Carelessness when 'handling' dangerous chemicals is just asking for trouble =0p
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiciness is a defense mechanism of plants. That's why the seeds of peppers are sometimes the hottest parts. Carelessness when 'handling' dangerous chemicals is just asking for trouble =0p
    We didn't know you should probably handle it with gloves , even the tiniest bit on the lid could go under your finger nail and then all it would take for you to scratch your eye or something and that's you in agony.

Some bastard at a party once put ghost pepper sauce around the rim of some poor girls drink. That was not fun to watch.