Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Giving a homeless guy $1000, what could go wrong?

So a professional boxer took it upon himself to do some good in the form of giving out bundles of bills to the needy, unfortunately for this poor chap who received the money the boxer uploaded the video on youtube.

Queue some days later, and the guy got mugged apparently by people whom saw that very same video.

All in all he spent around $400 of the $1000 given to him in that time-frame and was supposedly sorting out an interview for a job.

Can't imagine how bad the boxer must feel about that video going on youtube now.

Giving the guy the wonga.

The aftermath.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a dumbass. Wanted "fame" for showing off his "good" intentions, then it backfires. Lel.

Sucks for the homeless man though
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I buy an extra sandwich and give it to some homeless guy outside Tesco , I don't know him well enough to trust him with money.

I apply that logic when giving handouts.

Deleted
    "If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory." - Kreia.

In Knights of the old republic 2 you give money to a beggar only to watch him get beaten and robbed and the money taken from him, apt to this thread I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    What a dumbass. Wanted "fame" for showing off his "good" intentions, then it backfires. Lel.

Sucks for the homeless man though
    1000 dollars is 1000 dollars. The reason he gave it to him is irrelevant, he willingly did it so who cares?

No one is to blame here other than the robbers.

Acting like its the uploader's fault is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor lad.....

Take note.. You wanna do good, humble yourself while doing it. There's always someone who intents to leech off of it, with not so good intentions.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Sometimes I buy an extra sandwich and give it to some homeless guy outside Tesco , I don't know him well enough to trust him with money.

I apply that logic when giving handouts.
    In fairness, i'm fairly surprised the dude didn't overdose immediately on that money; According to him he tried to set up an interview and everything to get on with life.

So he had some goals at least, just a shame about the whole beating the shit out of him and taking the dough thing.

But i'd prefer to give food and a drink over hard cash any day to the homeless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really hope the boxer takes some steps to help him, for reasons other than showing off on Youtube. He did do a genuinely good thing, but he's also responsible for painting a target on this mans back. Poor guy..

Shitty people, should have gotten a cheap hotel and stayed there till he was set up.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    1000 dollars is 1000 dollars. The reason he gave it to him is irrelevant, he willingly did it so who cares?

He did it for attention, not for any other reason than that. Broner is a piece of shit and an embarrassment to boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    "If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory." - Kreia.

In Knights of the old republic 2 you give money to a beggar only to watch him get beaten and robbed and the money taken from him, apt to this thread I think.
    I am unsure about how I feel about your post XD.

On a serious note, god I feel so damn bad for that homeless guy; down in the dumps gets a stroke of good-luck doesn't squander it gets divinely cock-blocked. I...I...:<

10+ Year Old Account

It kind of is the uploader's fault too , Why does he need to make sure everyone knows how good he is giving some homeless guy a stack of money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post

Dude. DUDE!!! I remembered this exact same thing and was about to mention it. Wow.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For people who believes in altruism - this is what it amounts too. Every so called "selfless" act is selfish. Every, no exclusions. Just because you don't see the gain for the good doer, doesn't mean there's none. There always is.

Also never do charity. As no good deed comes unpunished and the road to proverbial hell is paved by very real good deeds.

As Kreia said - let them struggle their own battles, that will make them better.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2014-05-25 at 04:19 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Dude. DUDE!!! I remembered this exact same thing and was about to mention it. Wow.
    I tried to find the video clip but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    It kind of is the uploader's fault too , Why does he need to make sure everyone knows how good he is giving some homeless guy a stack of money?
    Well duh don't you know? It's only worth doing good things when others are around to praise me for it! #everycelebrityever

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious , I'm quite the opposite but I like this parable of the bible when I see things like these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesson_of_the_widow's_mite

Indeed what a shitty country, where was this done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Theres robbers in every country in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Not exactly relevant.. but yeah , America.