Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I can't speak for the U.S, but in the U.K homelessness spokespeople and charities have stated it's better not to give them money; As the vast majority are addicts of one kind or another, and it strikes me as somewhat factual the people whom work intimately with them would know that.

That and the U.K has a very rigid and providing welfare system, so if they don't have a place to sleep it's due to them being either aggressive/ thieving or unwilling to engage in substance abuse programs.
    THERE, Theres your reality Mall Security, whos being ignorant now.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    "If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory." - Kreia.

In Knights of the old republic 2 you give money to a beggar only to watch him get beaten and robbed and the money taken from him, apt to this thread I think.
    Time to put the controller down and enter the real world.......
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

That boxer needs to track down the muggers and personally beat the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well that is a value judgement, and one that is very short sighted and incorrect, many people who have drugs problems or any other kind of addiction, can be functioning and hold down a job, but they can also embezzle money, they can also steal identities from work place data basis and sell them, they can drive Semi's they can work on construction sites, they can even hold down jobs in authority like a cop or a judge, again just because you place a value on them doesn't mean they are always so Marginal, or all the people you think, freeing people in general from their harm, or being an asset.
    You're criticizing my value judgment with another value judgment?