Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    its funny how some complain about omg i have 25 buttons too many brain can't handle
    while pro players run 80+ keybinds to focus macro everyone and other special macros without complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    That's kinda the requirement to have such a large amount of subscribers, if they made content for intelligent people only a few 10.000 people would want to play the game.

Let me also give people a lesson in critical reading:

This is them admitting that their changes are reducing the depth of gameplay, even if that wasn't the intended goal.
    Critical reading? Is that what they are calling quoting out of context now? I'm pretty sure Blizzard meant the point of these changes is not to reduce depth of gameplay as in the point of these changes is not to reduce depth of gameplay. Every change made so far has not reduced depth of gameplay. If any of them has, tell me how.

"It's important to remember that the point of these changes is . . . not to reduce depth of gameplay."
    There's a proper way to break down clauses without altering the original meaning. That's called an ellipsis. Don't add words that aren't there.

Blizzard is correct, otherwise no one would still be playing WoW.

Blizzard is right, it is not exclusive to them in any way shape or form though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They did indeed cut my favorite ability. >.< I loved combining shadow blades with adrenaline rush.

It's not like they cut everything down to bare bones and rogues do nothing but SS and eviscerate now, they're just trimming it so I can fit more mounts on my bars. What do you mean I should cut down my bar and a half of mounts?! I NEED THESE MOUNTS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Lets be honest, Blizzard's player base thinks Blizzard's players base are idiots.
    Threads like this make me concur!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They did indeed cut my favorite ability. >.< I loved combining shadow blades with adrenaline rush.

It's not like they cut everything down to bare bones and rogues do nothing but SS and eviscerate now, they're just trimming it so I can fit more mounts on my bars. What do you mean I should cut down my bar and a half of mounts?! I NEED THESE MOUNTS!!
    Yeah but two buttons that you press at the same time = 1 button too many.

IMO they should've made Shadow Blades an Assassination-only CD though (it could use decent CDs). Or maybe Sub with some tweaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know exactly everything they are removing.. but it would be nice if, instead of removing they just made them less vital. I agree with your main points, its over the top for many specs/classes.. but they could use many of those spells as (pvp only) or for fun only. Like Fel Flame? One of my favorite spells for older stuff. It could easily be changed so its not necessary for raiding (if it is currently)... it could be PVP only.. (give it a short CD, lower damage, and a slow)
    Awkward to change your bars for PVP (granted many people already do).

I'll miss Fel Flame, very handy to have a castable instant in old content for 1shotting annoying mobs. That one I wouldn't mind them keeping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    Your nr 4 is what snapshotting dots was about.. And if the strive for a guild is to make people to do basic things(1-3) then yes by all means forget dmg meters(cause yes indeed dps meters are crap, they tell you nothing relevant..) if you are actually progressing when it's relevant and all that then 1-3 won't cut it and nr 4 need to be done at a excellent level.The lower the skill cap on 4 is the easier it will become. But I guess any hc raider won't try to claim that removing snapshotting did't lower the skill-cap..
    Personally I can't wait to see the door hit snapshotting on the ass on the way out.

I know some people consider it the height of skill to babysit dots (*cough* more like their addon did it for them *cough*) but to me it was just tedious micromanaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Take a look around the forums and you'll understand why.
    Half the players subscribed to this game likely don't even get to max level or do anything on their characters, yet constantly complain about everything under the sun regardless of its effect on the small portion of the game they cover.
    Hate to break it to you but most of those people don't even visit the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    Took me a while to find this, but I never forgot it because of how hilarious it was. Here is the source. Also have to clarify, initially I thought this was a response to a question. It was actually just a long post first introducing flexible stats on gear a few months ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...enor?#comments

So yes, this is who Blizzard believes a casual player is. Casual player used to mean someone with a limited amount of free time to play. Its evolved into someone who either does not care enough or does not know any better than to use a healing trinket in their dps set. And lets be clear in this quote the theoretical person being discussed is a raider not just some Joe/Jill running around questing. Apparently using a trinket which actually provides some value towards your spec is now min/maxing.
    At the very least it was a very dumb way to say it. Worst case would be to show how ignorant they are of their player base.

1) Even/especially hardcore/world first players will use something not optimized for their spec if it's better then what they have in that slot.
    2) Even casuals will change out non optimized gear when better gear drops.

That post seems to imply that either casual players are too dumb to realize the gear isn't right for them, or that they will stop gearing as soon as they have a high enough iLvl in every slot regardless of what kind of gear it is.

Really thinking it over, they call casual and hardcore alike dumb, as they imply that the casual is smart enough to equip a non-optimal item as long as it's an upgrade over what they had, but too dumb to realize they still shouldn't try to replace it with something that is spec correct, whereas a hardcore player is too dumb or stubborn to equip something non-optimal, only using spec specific gear regardless of whether or not it's the best thing for that spec in their bag.

We already knew this. When discussing the stat squish, they explicitly said that one of the points was to make the numbers understand.

The only reason that would be the case is if they assume that a large portion of their player base is too stupid to understand numbers larger than a couple of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    its funny how some complain about omg i have 25 buttons too many brain can't handle
    while pro players run 80+ keybinds to focus macro everyone and other special macros without complaining.
    It's the pro players who are complaining. The noobs don't keybind or use 25 buttons. Looks at their spells in recount/skada. You'll see they use 2-4 abilities. Maybe 1-2 more for the more advanced noobs. The noobs couldn't care less that skills are being pruned. They won't read the patch notes, and likely wont be sure what's missing when they log in and some of their abilities are gone.

Try convincing them that they can cast a party buff and how they can find it if you think that is the person complaining about too many buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 infraction to-go please

80 keybinds is absurd for any game.

I imagine most of those are keyshift modifiers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    They added far too many spells in MoP with the new talents. The game would be far better off if it was more like Diablo with 5-6 slots max, then you are given the choice which abilities fill up your bar sacrificing one thing for another.

Deleted
    Well, it is.

I present exhibit A:

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    "What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay."

As a tank death knight, I never knew when to use blood boil or rune strike. thank you based blizzard. Now I don't have to think. I'd actually prefer if I could just bring my rotation down to hitting the "1" key so if you guys could help out some more that would be great.
    qed

Deleted
    But they are also nerds, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Personally I can't wait to see the door hit snapshotting on the ass on the way out.

I know some people consider it the height of skill to babysit dots (*cough* more like their addon did it for them *cough*) but to me it was just tedious micromanaging.
    And that was the whole point of it, having to micromanaging to preform as well as it was possible. Sure you could feel it was tedious(like many others) so for you this change was welcome, making it easier to perform well but taking it away lowered the skill-cap.Thus the difference between a average player and a excellent player got shrunk. No matter how hard they try to claim they aren't removing depth to the game by making it simpler. So unfortunately blizzard do think their base is full of idiots and it is for the majority anyways, now of course everyone will have a different view on what makes someone a idiot in wow but yeah..

Deleted
    Blizzard thinks its player base is full of idiots.
    Of course they do. Considering what they keep being paid for I can hardly blame them.

The problem OP is you casting a pre-judgenent on what classifies an "idiot" when it comes to how seriously somebody plays a damn video game.

More evidence the player base is full of idiots than it is full of skilled dedicated players.