Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Why not remove pestilence instead of the iconic rune strike. or is that too difficult for super casuals to figure out?

The more dumb you make things the more dumb people will get. FFS we all learned through hard knocks from vanilla on up why can't new people or super casuals do it like that as well.

Draw a line and people will meet it.

Blizzard's only concern is qtr reports until the new games start making them money. Then they can do stuff with wow or a new mmo ip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    "What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay."

As a tank death knight, I never knew when to use blood boil or rune strike. thank you based blizzard. Now I don't have to think. I'd actually prefer if I could just bring my rotation down to hitting the "1" key so if you guys could help out some more that would be great.
    I dunno, I never really knew when to use those things, I kinda just used both whenever they were available. Someone said BB was good agro thing, even single target. Mind you, I would do LFR as blood dps cuz that's how I leveled. Not my problem if the actual tanks couldn't hold agro.

But, to the "we hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of..." yeah, they cut a couple of the best rdruid abilities over the past couple expansions, to the point of them being unplayable in PVP. Therefore.... /unsubbed

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    And that was the whole point of it, having to micromanaging to preform as well as it was possible. Sure you could feel it was tedious(like many others) so for you this change was welcome, making it easier to perform well but taking it away lowered the skill-cap.
    I'm sorrry, but running an addon that tells you when to re-apply your dots is not a skilled action. That's exactly what makes snapshotting tedious: that you must have an addon calculate the 'skill' for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    SIGH, this is so damned disheartening... I am very close to resubbing since school is done and the wow itch is bad, but then I see this.

Can't the just make a pov movie and sell it to people who doesn't want to play? I am pretty damned far from the greatest wow player ever but I love a challenge, I love messing up and realizing I have to get better to succeed. Am I the only one who doesn't want to win every time, who actually want to put in some effort? It reminds me from back in the military when we had some mandatory test that everyone had to succeed, solution? Set the bar equal to the lowest scoring guy...

god damit :<
    ...and let me know when it hits you that youre talking about a video game (designed for recreational fun) as opposed to real life

As a player of 10 years (first 3 of which I raided Vanilla and BC 3-4 times a week, so don't assume all the player base has had it easy), there are way too many abilities. Your main rotation should be able to fit with your main cooldowns on the 1-0 keys end of story.

To be fair, the removal of ability bloat only makes it easier for me to convince more non-MMO players to try out WoW. Most people I show the game to get turned away by the crazy number of abilities to keep track of, when really there's only ~10 you ever really need.

Things like Pounce and Ravage being folded into Rake and Shred make sense to me. Getting rid of a bunch of cooldowns and making Talents be the big choices makes sense to me. I don't see it as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Things like Pounce and Ravage being folded into Rake and Shred make sense to me.
    Doesn't make much sense to me in this context. We're talking about ability bloat here and stealth exclusive abilities already got that covered. Why would you put pounce on your non-stealth bar anyway? The only reason would be incarnation. But isn't that the whole point with talents? To give you more complexity if you so choose? You can still choose the passive or whatever if it feels you can't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to me in this context. We're talking about ability bloat here and stealth exclusive abilities already got that covered. Why would you put pounce on your non-stealth bar anyway? The only reason would be incarnation. But isn't that the whole point with talents? To give you more complexity if you so choose? You can still choose the passive or whatever if it feels you can't handle it.
    Maybe they made it so if you are stealthed, those buttons do different things that when you're not. Like this: in stealth, button is pounce. Out of stealth, button is rake.

On topic: Really the title of this thread should be "MMO-Champ thinks wow is full of idiots."

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    I have a lot less buttons to hit playing Skullgirls or Street Fighter than in WoW.

WoW gets blown out of the water by comparison, given any thoughtful analysis of its ability/PvP design.

More binds != more depth.
    No joke! I do not for the life of me understand why so many cannot grasp that more buttons ≠ depth of play or ease of play. A piano has 88 keys. Let me assure you that many of the most difficult to play pieces most certainly do not simply involve using more of them.

I understand why many think this may be true; but, an educated look and understanding will show that simply isn't the case.

Deleted
    It's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. Having multiple abilities that kind of do the same isn't good game design, it's unneeded space on your bar. As long as they don't dumb down the game in terms of difficulty all is fine in my book.