Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Using an ignore-list expanding addon, I used to have thousands of characters. I always regretted that I couldn't just ignore an entire account. It really would have simplified things.
    The in-game ignore function also ensures you won't see them in random matchmakes like LFD and LFR. Expanding ignore list addons don't let the whisperer know they're ignored either, but that can be regarded as an advantage.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Just gold spammers, and I prune that list pretty regularly (since most of those "dsalksdhfk" names are just temporary anyway, it doesn't make much sense to keep them on an ignore list forever). I actually don't think I have anyone on there now.

I joined my new guild in the middle of MoP, and somehow, I had their main tank on my ignore list. I'm not sure how he got there, unless he randomly pissed me off during some instance run long ago that I'd forgotten about. For the first month I was in that guild, I wondered why he was so quiet. I'm not a raider, so being unable to communicate with the main tank in chat was not a big problem. But still, it was kind of strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Just gold spammers, and I prune that list pretty regularly (since most of those "dsalksdhfk" names are just temporary anyway, it doesn't make much sense to keep them on an ignore list forever).
    Hehe yea they do that to avoid getting banned quicker (I know it's annoying but keep reporting them, people. It works!) I actually like keeping them in the list as trophies:

Oh and forgot to tell I also ignore people with double standards. Come on not only does it lack basic courtesy but this takes away development time because the developers have to implement their announced system extra for these people in the WoD GroupFinder so no one may ask for requirements they don't meet themselves

Last edited by Fincher; 2014-05-26 at 05:20 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I tend to solve my issues with people by ignoring them. I mean it depends on what the issue is. If it's a simple disagreement then ignore isn't really necessary. If they're so obnoxious that I wouldn't want to play with that person again I just ignore them. If they attempt to talk to me about politics, whether I agree with them or not, instant ignore. Have enough of that brain melting nonsense IRL, don't need it in-game as well.
    Bingo. It isn't about being offended, it is about being efficient with the signals you receive. 50 years ago you'd be happy with 2 channels on your TV and you received a newspaper a day. You could phone... There is far too much signal in our digital age so we must make conscious decisions what information we want to see by means of filtering. I use a plethora of addons to my WoW experience more pleasant including an addon called BadBoy which filters out a lot of crap I'm not interested in. I cannot see double messages on /trade either, which makes it more like a text-based Pinterest.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Oh and forgot to tell I also ignore people with double standards. Come on not only does it lack basic courtesy but this takes away development time because the developers have to implement their announced system extra for these people in the WoD GroupFinder so no one may ask for requirements they don't meet themselves
    My faith in humanity is restored...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/4/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver