addons to use nowadays

I reactivated my account after a 2 years hiatus, and alot of the addons i used back then are kind of outdated
    So which are the ones i should definitely look at/install at present time?
    Last edited by Jyuken; 2014-05-26 at 06:08 AM.

It depends on what content you want to do, taking a look at the top downloads from addon sites should give you a general sense of what you "need"

ElvUi is addon pack that many use, simpel to set up and got nearly everything you need. That + DeadlyBossMods and you're atleast ready for LFR
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Like the poster above said, it depends on what you want. But, I would suggest to head over to curse and look at some of the more popular addons. Ones that you should probably get if you'd like to raid (imo): DBM (REALLY need this), Recount, Bartender 4 or some other UI (ElvUi is my choice), Bagnon, and anything else you deem necessary. I would also suggest going to AskMrRobot.com once you get to 90 for your char. As for pvp, I'm not sure, not too much of a pvper to know about that stuff. Good Luck. Oh yeah, and NPC Scan would be good for finding those rares. You may also be interested in AtlasLoot Enhanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyuken View Post
    I reactivated my account after a 2 years hiatus, and alot of the addons i used back then are kind of outdated
    Have you been using some very specific, rare addons?

None of the addons I used during TBC have stopped working.. Either they have been updated, or versions dating back to TBC/WotLK still work without a problem..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Have you been using some very specific, rare addons?

None of the addons I used during TBC have stopped working.. Either they have been updated, or versions dating back to TBC/WotLK still work without a problem..
    You seem to be using very basic addons. The more complex ones generally break at some point, especially when Blizzard messes with their API.

I use ElvUI as it combines Actionbar, Unit & Raidframes, Minimap, Chat addons in one and creates a nice and clean GUI. For Damagemeters I prefer Skada. It's just cleaner than recount and the real dps analysis starts when the logs are on wol.
    As an encounter-mod I currently once again prefer BigWigs, seems like dbm and bigwigs are often taking turns in which works better.
    One really neat one, if you got to know how to use it is weakauras. Other than these you don't really need any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeneia View Post
    You seem to be using very basic addons. The more complex ones generally break at some point, especially when Blizzard messes with their API.

I use ElvUI as it combines Actionbar, Unit & Raidframes, Minimap, Chat addons in one and creates a nice and clean GUI. For Damagemeters I prefer Skada. It's just cleaner than recount and the real dps analysis starts when the logs are on wol.
    As an encounter-mod I currently once again prefer BigWigs, seems like dbm and bigwigs are often taking turns in which works better.
    One really neat one, if you got to know how to use it is weakauras. Other than these you don't really need any.
    I did say either updated or still works..

E.g. FuBaR is still working, even though it haven't been updated since mid-WotLK, however DBM also works, but it's updated on almost daily basis.. However, both are addons I have been using since TBC..

I have ~100 different addons installed (many class specific), and not once have I uninstalled an addon, because it stopped working (unless it was based on a feature that have since been removed, e.g. PallyPower when WotLK was released or ReforgeLite when WoD is released)...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Recount/Skada

Depending on UI, Bartender/Dominos or a full UI system - ElvUI or LUI.

You don't really need anything else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I use Recount and OmniCC. That's it. Enough for raids, enough for arenas (ah, right, I am using a couple of macros for that, which should probably count), enough for everything else.

OmniCC, Skada, DBM or bigwigs

If you want a more customizable UI, try a pre-made or use bartender 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuken View Post
    It depends on what you seek. ElvUI is something I'd play around with. Customizable, simple, clean user interface. It has everything to start you off.

Some other ones I use are:

Raid Frames: Grid with GridIndicatorCornerIcons & GridStatusRaidDebuff
    Keybinds: Bindpad & Clique
    Tracking of Spells (CDs, Timers): WeakAuras & ForteXorcist
    CastBar: AzCastBar
    Damage Meter: Skada
    Encounter Mods: BigWigs
    Audible Alert: GTFO
    Graph Positioning: eAlign
    Hide Errors: ErrorFilter

Others I use from time to time:
    - NPCScan with NPCScan Overlay (rare announcer & locator)
    - Atlasloot (loot search)
    - Auctionator (simple Auction House addon)
    - BalanceDruidTracker (Eclipse tracker)
    - BattlegroundTargets (enemy healthbars)
    - DocsDebugRunes (Death Knight runes/etc tracker)
    - Gathermate (node tracking)
    - IgnoreMore (increase ignore filter)
    - MogIt (for fashion design)
    - Oqueue (cross realm group finder)
    - Postal (for mail)
    - RareCoordinator (timer and tracker for Timeless Isle rares)
    - RareSpawnOverlay (rare spawn map overlay)
    - ReforgeLite (reforging calculator) *reforging going away in the next expansion*
    - Routes (draw lines on the world map for paths [nodes for example])
    - TomTom (navigate to a specific location if you have cords)
    - WoWPro (questing addon)