10+ Year Old Account

What are some must have addons for rift?

I love using auction houses and crafting. I feel like Rifts standard bags and ah are lacking. What are the best addons for those? Also what general addons are nice to have?

Don't really use the AH so can't recommend any mods for that, but for bags I use http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/imhobags.

Slots everything into one giant bag with items broken up and grouped together by type.

I am using BananAH for auction house.

Nothing is "required" but Simple Meter or KBM for boss fight timers is nice. The game is in need of a threat monitor. Other addon might be Karull Alert for people who cannot pay attention to buffs and when to refresh them

15+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend not to use a AH addon until the new AH comes in, because they said that even with the new UI changed for the AH the backend also had changes so the addons would need to be updated or recoded.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't really use the AH so can't recommend any mods for that, but for bags I use http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/imhobags.

Slots everything into one giant bag with items broken up and grouped together by type.
    Is there a way to fix the tooltips? I cant see them because I cant move them and they are just offscreen (top left corner).

I just use 2 so far. Simple Meters and MountMe. I like the second one cause it gives you a random mount or pet when you click on it. I just started playing a few days ago since it went F2P. It's fun but except for the Rifts concept, it's almost entirely a WoW clone. I'll play until the WoW expac comes out and then probably only sporadically after that. I have no intentions of doing any crafting or anything with the AH.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Is there a way to fix the tooltips? I cant see them because I cant move them and they are just offscreen (top left corner).
    Not that I know of. It's annoying when you're trying to compare gear that you're wearing to the gear in your bag, but I can see the whole tooltip alright.

I'll poke around a little bit and will let you know if I find something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I just use 2 so far. Simple Meters and MountMe. I like the second one cause it gives you a random mount or pet when you click on it. I just started playing a few days ago since it went F2P. It's fun but except for the Rifts concept, it's almost entirely a WoW clone. I'll play until the WoW expac comes out and then probably only sporadically after that. I have no intentions of doing any crafting or anything with the AH.
    Yeah, Rift is pretty much the epitomy of second generation MMO's and pulls heavily from EQ1 and WoW without trying to hide it. It broadens out a bit with stuff as you level (instant adventures, chronicles, hunt rifts, bigger zone events etc.) but at its core it's going to play out almost identically to WoW (except for the whole needing to get gear through previous tiers rather than being able to jump into the highest tier within a week of hitting max level...unless you spend a crapton on T2 gear).
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-06-17 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Is there a way to fix the tooltips?
    Every part of the UI is customizable, can be edited, moved, resized, everything.

Simply go to 'Edit Layout' and look for the 'Tooltip Anchor' move that to where you want it to show the tooltips, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Every part of the UI is customizable, can be edited, moved, resized, everything.

Simply go to 'Edit Layout' and look for the 'Tooltip Anchor' move that to where you want it to show the tooltips, problem solved
    The tooltip from Imhobags is not part of the default UI, so you can't customize it through the integrated UI customization system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Sadly, nope.

Exp bar can't be. Cast bar of target, pet etc neither.

Buff and debuff ( especially those of the targettarget lawl) are boring and every one of those should get its own frame, movable and reziable . You should have the choice to separate the long and short one... You don't want to look a whole 15+ icons line to figure out your real active buff and procs. And maybe hide the long one when in combat.

You can't click through the skillbars and even if no ability have been bind where you click. This could be very usefull when placing skillbar near the middle of the screen, near your char... but nope

The magnet effect can't allow you to push your customization to the wished pixel and when you go through the limit by superposing two elements, one is going to china or reboot to the upper left corner.

Can't disable the picture of your char, pet, target, focus, targettarget.... pure minimalism can't be reached. Your hp, mana, energy bars don't have their own frame and can't be recolored.

In fact, you shouldn't want to go in a "" where can I find that option "" and confused menu, to customize your frame.... every frame with a right click, should get its own menu.

Did I mention that the SOUL TREE window can't be resized ( yes you can, BUT you have to resized everyhing after ). Same goes for most of windows, menus etc....

World map and mini map should be merged. World map should get the " hide the shiny art " treatment, because its own repositioning when pushed in a corner is boring.

Devs should play their own game.... because.. well everybody knows why...

I want to dualwield magic sword, dagger with mage, cleric.

Group frames should get the raid visual without option. Too much squares in the screen when you enter in the Layout option, it's fu fugly.

I hate the Predefined souls.... First thing you see is what you can do with the four jobs... well now everything but ( if you want to be a chloro 4 example ) when you reach the role choice.... all I have is, one tank and everything else is pure dps. . Bad game design here.... doin thing with the opinion of the rift forum is fine... but the new playesr aren't posting or reading the forum....

Don't know if I am done.... and yes you can do most of this with addons.... but BUT B U T.... with a F2P statut you get a huge turnover in the new playerbase profile and if you don't want to play Rift because waiting for WoD or else... you'll get bored with one single detail....

Pretty sure that 90 % of the newplayer base won't reach the will to search for addons..... and I mean you don't want this newplayer base to see that 95 % of those addons aren't updated.... since a LONG time.

Sadly, nope.
    Actually there is an addon that does most of what the default UI in Rift can not do.

I used it myself for a few months for a very minimal look. No Character portrait, just the HP/Rage bar. Simple mini-map, slim action bars, discrete target frames, etc.

Can't recall the name of the addon, I don't write any of this stuff down at all. But about the only thing the addon didn't offer was click through action bars. Between the addon and Rift's default editor there a solution to very nearly every thing pointed out as a shortcoming in the UI.

If part of your argument is that a F2P player is unwilling to seek addons and so forth, fair enough. Though I don't put any stock into that argument with actual data backing it up. Yet alone any evidence that the shortcomings you present are significant enough to impact the new player experience in any way important to the game's profitability.

Deleted
    SweetFx is a really nice addition, the light effect and colors are more natural, less greenish.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to ensure your addons are up to date, Curseforge seems to maintain them up to date a bit more than riftui:

Curseforge >> http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/

Riftui >> http://www.riftui.com/addons.php

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's called gadgets. It's great.
    Yes, Gadgets it's great :-)

Oh yea, Gadgets. The one with the little wheel/gear in the corner of the frames. Been meaning to reinstall that addon.

Though I have no issue with Rift's default UI and editor tools. So I rarely use any sort of addons. I only have one addon installed right now; some bag UI thing that sometimes doesn't work. I don't know the name of it, but it's sort of flaky.

Rift is the only MMO I have played where I felt the experience of play was perfectly fine for my needs without alteration or addition to the interface. Every other MMO I have played is goddamn awful in UI design. Every one I would alter if I could.