Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
    As a woman if drafting was something that happened where I lived I believe I should be drafted just like men are. I'm just as capable (if needs must) of firing a gun or driving a tank or whatever as a man. Fair few of my female friends from school went into the military, it was never something I was into as I'm against being shouted at but if they enjoy it then cool for them. I'd rather drafts weren't a thing any more really, some people enjoy military life and all that entails but I don't think it should be mandatory for anyone, regardless of gender.

Regarding rape being a risk as a woman on the front line - absolutely. Getting raped if captured is a pretty real threat, but so is being tortured in other ways and just straight out killed. That's why I'd rather *nobody* have to face those risks without signing up for them, guy or girl.
    I don't think it would matter if you are a girl or a boy, both is going to get raped if captured.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    http://www.genocidewatch.org/images/...f_genocide.doc

Pills you have to take continously and within a certain timeframe, you're supposed to use condoms or other protection methods if you miss it by more than a few hours. Shots, I don't know how often you have to get that, every 3 months I think?

It pretty much leaves tubal ligation(permanent in most cases), IUDs and implants as the long term options.
    Shots would be a preferable alternative to taking the pills, but logistics in a war zone from an aid agency will be pretty chancy; And would most likely fail as medical abortions would be the go-to for those already raped.

At least i have something to research now, even if it is quite morbid; Policy on women raped in war zones, starting with the U.N and red cross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of total war scenarios or existential wars.

Take ww1 or ww2 as examples those where as close to total war as you can get.

The state can afford a prolonged existential war despite losing generation upon generation of men.
    Despite millions upon millions of losses It will be able to keep on churning out more soldiers (even at an increased rate).
    But If it loses just one generation of females, the state is fucked and will take a serius blow to its strength.
    If that where to occur it simply cannot keep providing enough soldiers.
    And even if a stalemate or victory was achived the state would be crippled for the forseable future.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    I could make a rape or circumcision thread for ya pal?
    I've had my fill of willful ignorance from those who otherwise loathe over other traditional norms thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Because of total war scenarios or existential wars.

Take ww1 or ww2 as examples those where as close to total war as you can get.

The state can afford a prolonged existential war despite losing generation upon generation of men.
    Despite millions upon millions of losses It will be able to keep on churning out more soldiers (even at an increased rate).
    But If it loses just one generation of females, the state is fucked and will take a serius blow to its strength.
    If that where to occur it simply cannot keep providing enough soldiers.
    And even if a stalemate or victory was achived the state would be crippled for the forseable future.
    I don't really think lack of women is the problem nowadays.

Deleted
    Professional army and private corporations are the best way for warfare, it is also the most ethic. Drafting is extremely unetchical, its basicly slavery and the whole concept gives the idea that part of the citizens are completely worthless cannonfodder without any human value.

Nobody should be forced to die for anything. Let private corporations, paid and voluntary soldiers fight the wars.

I have read articles claiming that draft army is the best solution, but as long as current warmachinery of USA is the best military force in the world I keep laughing at those comments.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-05-27 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have read articles claiming that draft army is the best solution
    Hate that.. I remember after 9/11 some started stating how they should use the draft and it's always these old guys, largely political types, who don't have to worry about it.

Deleted
    Quote from John T. Reed website

"Slavery is the ownership forever of a person without pay or any other moral basis. Slavery treats humans as if they were private property with no rights like domestic animals. A military draft is a civic duty like jury duty, school attendance before age 16, having to go to the DMV for a driving test, or having to pay income taxes. Draftees are paid. The government does not own them. The service period—typically two years—is longer than most juries, although not all. The pay is better than jury duty. It could be adjusted to reflect lost earnings rather than be a flat rate for everyone."
    http://www.johntreed.com/militarydraft.html

This is nonsense. Slavery is forced labor, period. Sure it could be argued that school etc is slavery to some extent, but military is entirely different thing.

Comparison to paying taxes does not hold water. Tax money is used to help every citizen, including those who pay taxes. Sending people to die in wars puts people in danger and essentially tells us that some people are expendable. All other comparions in the quote are the same, all of them are for the common good of everyone.

"Slavery treats humans as if they were private property with no rights" Sounds like army to me, where are human rights of soldiers when their superiors order them to go die for something?

People dont live for the nation, the nation exists for people.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-05-27 at 09:09 AM.

As been mentioned the girls that are drafted to combat battalion (Caracal Battalion) are mainly focused on border guarding, catching drug traffickers etc.
    Their contribution is well noted and respected,but women integration into other Battalions is not feasible the physical bar is to steep, Caracal's march if i am not mistaken is 20-23km.
    When i got drafted long ago and passed qualifications for a recon battalion our march was 74 km + 6 km stretchers, nowadays all battalions do shorter marches (40-60) but with higher weight carried.
    as you can see the marches are two to three times longer distance, as i mentioned before their contribution is respected but it won't go further than that specific battalion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    As been mentioned the girls that are drafted to combat battalion (Caracal Battalion) are mainly focused on border guarding, catching drug traffickers etc.
    Their contribution is well noted and respected,but women integration into other Battalions is not feasible the physical bar is to steep, Caracal's march if i am not mistaken is 20-23km.
    When i got drafted long ago and passed qualifications for a recon battalion our march was 74 km + 6 km stretchers, nowadays all battalions do shorter marches (40-60) but with higher weight carried.
    as you can see the marches are two to three times longer distance, as i mentioned before their contribution is respected but it won't go further than that specific battalion.
    It does not matter what is the contribution of women, as long as women are required to serve according to everyones abilities just like men.

But the draft itself is so unethical that is should be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    War is stupid, but I'd rather a draft to protect my abode than not have one.
    The men who don't want to be sacrificed as cannon fodder would rather not, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Nation which cant get enough voluntary soldiers for protection, does not deserve to exist because clearly such nation is not worth defending.

Drafting makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Hard to take you seriously, since your post has many factual errors. Also your arguments about how we cant afford to lose women in war simply is bullshit. Did world end after world war 2 where 58% of all allied casualties were civilians? No, we rebuilt a new brave world.

Clause 16A of the military service law requires that female combat soldiers serve 3 years of mandatory service, and continue in reserves service up to age 38, even if they become mothers. These are essentially identical to the terms of service for male combat soldiers.[3] Each year, 1,500 female combat soldiers are drafted into the IDF.[6] Women currently make up 3% of the IDF's combat soldiers.[8]

In 2014, the IDF appointed Major Oshrat Bacher as Israel’s first female combat battalion commander.[21]

A combat option for women is the Caracal Battalion, which is a highly operational force that is made up of 70 percent female soldiers.[5] The unit undergoes training like any combat infantry.[6] The IDF commando K9 unit, Oketz, also drafts females as elite combat soldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Do majority of men want to be drafted or are they merely accepting that they cant fight the system?
    first of all, i said "most" women serve 2 years.

reserves are on a whole different matter, which i did not address in my post
    and what i've said regarding as to why we dont use females on the front lines, it's mine, and pretty much everyone else i know, opinion. nothing factual, didnt even try to be

the caracal battalion, is exactly what i was talking about. i served on the gaza boarder, and being a combat field medic in givati battalion, we were in close proximity to them most of the time, and i had to pull clinic duty and treat those female soldiers. they're not anything close to being "highly operational", tho they did have a couple or so run ins with terrorists in the past few years.

Oketz, is a dog unit. they train dogs to sniff out explosives and stuff, or drugs, but very far from elite combat.

I feel its the next logical step in this grand experiment of equality. You want equality, they can equally come home in body bags.