Deleted

Is Ascendance being removed?

Blizzard is tuning or removing most of the burst CDs.
    With that being said...
    Is shaman's ascendance being removed?

sorry for the question... was searching for anwser but I couldn't find anything
    /cheers!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would not say they are removing burst cds, they are just removing those that people already use together, like warriors for example.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Ascendance isn't OP and it's iconic. So I'd say it's unlikely they will remove it.

Deleted
    No. Seeing as they've changed the way Ascendance works for Enhancement Shamans then at this stage it's reasonable to say that it will not be removed.

I'd like a change in the animation that actually keeps my character looking like my character and not a placeholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Ascendance isn't OP and it's iconic. So I'd say it's unlikely they will remove it.
    how is ascendance iconic if it has only been here for one expansion and has not even been referenced in the original wc3? :O

but outside of that: no, ascendance will not go.

Per patch notes, Ascendance is not on the chopping block. It's getting a tweak/nerf in that our regular attacks won't shift to Nature damage (and therefore won't benefit from Mastery), instead becoming physical damage that bypasses armor.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I'd like a change in the animation that actually keeps my character looking like my character and not a placeholder.
    Pretty much THIS! ^ Imo, of all the ugly models that Blizz could reuse from Cata they picked one of most ugliest. Since we have fair number of cosmetic glyphs it would be nice if they atleast add minor glyph that doesnt change our model in Ascendance.
    That being said, since trolls already got their specific cosmetic glyphs it would be nice to add for every race a glyph for Wolfs model change, and possible update to Elemental's models.

As for Ascendance it self, afak its staying, but as Lewor mentioned they are just redesigning it.

A glyph to keep your own appearance or a variation of it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    how is ascendance iconic if it has only been here for one expansion and has not even been referenced in the original wc3? :O

but outside of that: no, ascendance will not go.
    When, everyone that played with/against a shaman for a short while since MoP will recognize it as a shaman ability on the spot, so it is iconic, it doesn't need to come from the others games to become iconic, heck, even wc3 retconned almost as much, if not more than WoW did.

Anyway, ascendence will be kept, we got reduced in burst with the nerf to the fire elemental and the removal of stormlash totem, also a little nerf to enhance version of ascendance
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

It seems like that their making it so each dps only has one burst dps skill, so Ascendance is shamans. The ones their removing are classes that had multiple ones.