Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    They are rushing crappy models because else there would be no selling features for WoD.

    What else would they put on box?
    - we removed many abilities
    - we rehashed the farm... i mean Garrisons!
    - flying is no longer available
    - everything dumbed down
    - BUY NOW!

  2. #22
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i dont think it is the right time to worry, its still work in progress.
    as someone else mentioned - orcs and dwarves are muscle mountains, easier to see that definition.
    It'll always be work in progress until it's released, but then it's too late to give feedback. That's one of the reasons why they do these artcraft things, to get feedback. I don't worry at all, yet I'm still disappointed with what they've shown of the female night elf (and the female draenei). Whatever might change is nothing I can comment on, I can only say how I feel about what they've shown us.

  3. #23
    If I remember correctly that's because the dwarf and orc models have been in the works for a lot longer than the others. They originally said that they weren't even sure if they'd get anything apart from dwarf and orc out for launch and that the others would roll out as the expansion progressed. Seeing as how they've decided to release all at launch it makes sense that the newer ones might look a little rushed, and less detailed, compared to the dwarf and orc. Not that this makes me happy, I for one wish they had put off the other ones until quality was the same, even if this means a roll out release.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It'll always be work in progress until it's released, but then it's too late to give feedback. That's one of the reasons why they do these artcraft things, to get feedback. I don't worry at all, yet I'm still disappointed with what they've shown of the female night elf (and the female draenei). Whatever might change is nothing I can comment on, I can only say how I feel about what they've shown us.
    well atleast u are not a doomsayer
    i think ill wait for the models to come into alpha/beta so i can see it in full glory, and then start worrying about stuff
    i dont see it being bad quality - males are bulky, rugged etc., girls are smooth, curvy and has a butt load of sex appeal

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,563
    Got a feeling they are rushing, and is that surprising considering how the playerbase is acting? "OMG No new content for me to burn through you have insulted me and my ancestors deeply!!!!!!!".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    They are rushing crappy models because else there would be no selling features for WoD.

    What else would they put on box?
    - we removed many abilities
    - we rehashed the farm... i mean Garrisons!
    - flying is no longer available
    - everything dumbed down
    - BUY NOW!
    Do tell, what do you mean by dumbing down? You just remind me of the idiots claiming that the new talent system takes less skill than the old one, despite the new one being way better and actually USEFUL. People in general seem to think that "lots" equals "intelligent". Like the people somehow thinking that having to ride a flightpath and then use a ground mount to a certain spot takes WAAAAAYYYYYY more skill than flying there.

    I have yet to see a single person give a proper example of how the game has been dumbed down. Still waiting.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2014-05-26 at 02:15 PM.

  6. #26
    Dwarf has more hair and orc a lot of veins, it makes them more "detailed" because of these textures. That's it.

  7. #27
    Being rushed would not affect the basic quality of the design. It would affect the level of nuance and diversity. "Being rushed" is a strawman here, context is being completely unrecognized concerning development time and the balance between early sneak peaks hot off the grill compared to something (head explodes). Business as usual.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    A new low for MMO-Champ.

    People now complain the quality of one model is too high.
    I love MMO-champ too. People read what they want to read. He said the other models are not good enough.

  9. #29
    It's definitely too early to really say this. The Dwarf and Orc models probably had more time spent, sure, and that's why they're the first to be shown. But even the Dwarf Female model, which we've seen since WoD Launch screenshots, was getting new iterations with her looks and animations.

    None of these latest models are done. They're first pass models that are ready for public viewing. Hell they even had to give an update saying Night Elf females would still have fangs!

  10. #30
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    A new low for MMO-Champ.

    People now complain the quality of one model is too high.
    No, they are complaining that the rest of the races are not as detailed as orcs/dwarves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I love MMO-champ too. People read what they want to read. He said the other models are not good enough.
    Beat me to it.

    Words to live by.

  11. #31
    I don't understand why people care so much. It isn't worth playing anything but a dwarf anyway...






    No, I'm not joking afterall. Play dwarf.

  12. #32
    Gotta have those flying pigtails in super high resolution, give the night elves the scraps.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah. Both Dwarf male AND orc male looks miles ahead of the others. I feel like they spent a year each on those two models, and now they're trying to toss out the other models in a manner of months. I mean, Human female, Night Elf female etc. looked pretty much as basic as could be expected; just higher poly count. Dwarf and Orc model were a massive step up from just upping the polycount.
    I think they shyed away from making too many overhauls with Female Night elf and Female Human because so many people play them and to make even the slightest changes would cause a massive uproar. Aesthetically, those two along with the Female Draenei were already pretty good, as opposed to the Dwarves which didn't really have much going for them. All they needed was a polycount and fidelity update, and I don't think they disappointed.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  14. #34
    the orc and dwarf are completely finished for the most part while the others are only work in progress previews
    move on and stop complaining

  15. #35
    If nothing else, it promises that the finished models will all share the detail and attention that the male & female dwarf have (I would consider something uploaded in the WoD official race panel as final).

    It is good news if nothing else.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I can still see the textures.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Unfinished or not, the dwarf looks better. We can only judge what we know. Technically they'll be unfinished until WoD releases, because they'll always be able to make adjustments.
    you can see the textures that aren't the final refined product for the rest.

    But you can't judge on what you DONT know and what isn't complete. "Technically they'll be unfinished till wod release" is Bullshit and semantics, outside of the context with which the words are being used here. The other models are not as far along as the dwarven and orcish one's, which are done first and are the most refined and completed because of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •