Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Someone please explain the logic of the average dungeon queuer

I queue as dps and healer but only disc spec, I out dps ppl with 30 more itemlevel than me as healer (I had 39 ilvl and 0 leveling gear) and I do more healing + I saved tank when healer got locked afk outside the boss room with a bunch of adds, and when healer died I saved tank again and they complain I dps as healer and kick me Tank was decked out in full leveling gear.

Skada is on overall data
    --SNIP--

explain logic please! I didn't say a word the whole run other than asking the druid if he wanted me to stop dps so he could heal due to my atonement, and did so in a non rude manner.

Im not mad, Im just seriously wondering what is wrong with people.

Oh, and this is on the US, so that might be why?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-26 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. While this does happen I'd hardly say it represents the average dungeon queuer.

So you ran a dungeon as a dps in a subpar dps spec (that's actually a healing spec), and then asked the healer if you should stop doing dps, as a dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why people queue as a healer, you know.. because they want to heal. You basically took away his role and made his experience horrible cause he had nothing to do.

Hey guys, look at me and how awesome I am!1111

You only show one side of the story and I very much doubt you weren't being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    they complain I dps as healer and kick me

Im not mad, Im just seriously wondering what is wrong with people.
    Most people don't play the game skill-intensive, they don't read guides, use few addons, just push some buttons here and there and see mobs die. It's a different, more relaxing playstyle that revolves around playing the game for athmosphere, story and some illusionary sense of progress rather than spending time reading guides, setting up addons, analyzing logs and trying to get good.

End-game for these guys are mounts, transmog, achievements, wotlk raids - and alts.

That, and most people are almost neurotic regarding group assignements in a dungeon. People are locked in on these rules and unable to see that they are rules of thumb that in some cases are benefitial to break - if people are willing to adapt, which they rarely are. Fluent dungeon-running with loose role-assignments takes more skill and awareness, which people typically don't have at lower levels.

I queued as balance for healer once around level 24, since most dungeons had been steamroll and had required very little healing. I alerted the tank that I was in DPS-spec, only to have him proceed to make a big pull that I would obviously not be able to heal, almost like he wanted to prove a point. We wiped, I left. More common are healers not healing DPS, and tanks halting the team to create drama over some growl-casts or dps-pulling. This is how little flexible mindsets people have.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-05-26 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naming and shaming is forbidden here. You can repost the image in your opening post once you black out all names.

I'm a firm believer that any time someone is kicked, they deserve it. Especially when the kickee goes on a forum to try to feel better about being kicked.

low level dungeons are srs bsns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I'd hardly say it represents the average dungeon queuer.
    Just reading the responses in this post proves that

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    So you ran a dungeon as a dps in a subpar dps spec (that's actually a healing spec), and then asked the healer if you should stop doing dps, as a dps?
    You'd be surprised. Disc is actually a much higher dps spec at low level than Shadow due to Penance scaling being incredibly off and you don't need to worry about hit.
    And yes I asked him since he asked me to stop healing, and the only way I can stop healing is to stop dps.

I just find this whole situation rather amusing! That there are actual people like this is not surprising, but the fact that it's the majority I just find shocking, but then again it seems most ppl on mmo like to just like to disagree just to disagree.
    Last edited by MyCelar; 2014-05-26 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    tanks halting the team to create drama over some growl-casts or dps-pulling. This is how little flexible mindsets people have.
    Being annoyed because a hunter won't turn off his growl during the entire dungeon or dps running half across the map to aggro is not an "inflexible" mindset.

Also if you wiped because you were healing as dps, you failed. It was your job to heal, you signed up as a healer and you could have healed if you were in proper spec but you didn't because you wanted to play something you weren't. That's not being "flexible", it's being a jackass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain the logic of queuing as one role but being in the spec for another.

How hard is it to (once you're past level 30), spec for the role you queue as? Want to queue as DPS on a priest? hey, there's a spec for that. Be Shadow. Want to heal? Spec holy or Disc.

Now, if you queued as a healer, specced Disc and were doing some off dps as well as healing etc? Then you'd have a point. But otherwise spec for the role you queued as and, aside from an emergency save, do that role.

It is because few people realise (and clearly the above posters dont belong to those few) that for priests, disc gives highest dps for a long time. And once you got atonement (lvl 38 ?) you will thus heal a lot as dps.

I think only around lvl 75+ (mindsear) that you *sometimes* start to have better dps as shadow. SOunds odd, is not so odd once you realise that shadow is a dotclass, and generally everything in LFD is so fragile it dies very soon. Disc is a very good burstclass, so its higher dps.

I would state very clearly at the start of a run that you dps as disc healer since that is higher dps, and that people have to allow the extra healing. Or, queue as healer only - that should not lower your queues too much. But anything else that happened to you is simply people misunderstanding the situation.

I always have a hard time believing these threads because the OP always makes themselves out to be the perfect player who was carrying the group, yet inevitably the rest of the group all decided to kick you.

They're either all crazy trolls, or you were either being an ass hole or arrogant.

I know which outcome was more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Being annoyed because a hunter won't turn off his growl during the entire dungeon or dps running half across the map to aggro is not an "inflexible" mindset.

Also if you wiped because you were healing as dps, you failed. It was your job to heal, you signed up as a healer and you could have healed if you were in proper spec but you didn't because you wanted to play something you weren't. That's not being "flexible", it's being a jackass.
    being annoyed isn't so bad... stopping the group to give everyone a piece of your mind is a bit much. If I was tanking I'd just be deliberately slow on picking the adds back up after I realize they keep doing a taunt effect or unwanted pull.

It's not worth stopping the run to tell someone off... finish in 15 minutes and get back to doing whatever else I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    being annoyed isn't so bad... stopping the group to give everyone a piece of your mind is a bit much. If I was tanking I'd just be deliberately slow on picking the adds back up after I realize they keep doing a taunt effect or unwanted pull.

It's not worth stopping the run to tell someone off... finish in 15 minutes and get back to doing whatever else I was doing.
    Do what is necessary to get the point across.
    Annoying the whole group might just be the way to do that if simply asking isn't working.
    If someone is making your job more difficult then you have every reason to halt the run.

Back OT.

Unless you have a good reason to intervene, do the job you queued up for.
    Let people learn their role, offer advice and assistance if the situation warrants it, but don't take over simply for your own benefit.
    That is why there is a shortage of tanks and healers, because of the horrible experience they are presented with in random groups.

They screwed up, let them learn how to fix it, otherwise they won't improve.
    That is why there is a problem with level capped players without experience, because there is always someone trying to take that opportunity away from them, often in the name of "efficiency", to get a faster run.

Know your place as part of group, where support can be more than your skill.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-05-26 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

People play this game for MANY reasons.

Some enjoy being carried
    Some enjoy casual play (By that, I mean VERY laid back, no worry about speed or danger)
    Some like the game to be difficult
    Some want to play their role
    Some are trying to learn their class
    Some want to smash through it ASAP
    Some like to quest
    Some like to RP

You should get the point, I could go on with many more reason but what's the point?

If you were disc, and you were in the dungeon as a healer... Oh well, shit happens. But from what you said, you queued as DPS/Heals and you were placed in as a DPS... I highly doubt they kicked you just because "top damage and heals" But because you most likely ended up being arrogant and posting your meters to show how much better you are than others....

I can do the same when I raid on my toons, being 30+ ilvls behind people and still beating them on dps... it is NOT hard when a lot of the player base aren't players looking to Min/max...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    being annoyed isn't so bad... stopping the group to give everyone a piece of your mind is a bit much.
    But this is the problem; the kick system is 100% utterly and completely broken.

The whole "You cannot kick.. for X minutes" has got to go. If someone is deliberately pulling and causing grey hair, the group HAS to be able to kick them just right now, not in "10 minutes" when some arbitrary Blizzard timer has ticked. Jackasses need the boot, gg!

Everyone will be happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    It is because few people realise (and clearly the above posters dont belong to those few) that for priests, disc gives highest dps for a long time. And once you got atonement (lvl 38 ?) you will thus heal a lot as dps.

I think only around lvl 75+ (mindsear) that you *sometimes* start to have better dps as shadow. SOunds odd, is not so odd once you realise that shadow is a dotclass, and generally everything in LFD is so fragile it dies very soon. Disc is a very good burstclass, so its higher dps.

I would state very clearly at the start of a run that you dps as disc healer since that is higher dps, and that people have to allow the extra healing. Or, queue as healer only - that should not lower your queues too much. But anything else that happened to you is simply people misunderstanding the situation.
    The problem with this mindset is that it's selfish. "it's about me and how much DPS I can do and mmmmmmeeeeeeee" Newsflash - group play isn't all about you - if Disc doing DPS means the healer has little to do, you're screwing the healer out of any fun they might want to have. Second newsflash - doing a little more DPS in a leveling dungeon won't matter. Run as shadow and you'll clear just fine.

People need to stop thinking the game should revolve around them.

As someone who mainly does instances as a healer I will say this: if you come in as a DPS who is healing people I will let you do it while I just afk the run. I don't feel like competing in a dungeon. Heck meters are worthless unless you're in a Heroic Raid guild.

Basically what I am saying is, you relying on meters and specifically playing a spec that will make the healer worthless makes you a dink. Saying, "oh but the meters!" doesn't mean anything. Just be a human being and not be a dink and you won't run into many issues.