Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Monk - Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Post up simple questions here to be direct to the information, or get simple answers. Please clarify what spec you are asking about.

Question evaluate my monk WW

hi dear windwalker ,

Can you tell me if my monk is in better shape with this gear (4 pc bonus) or with chest from ordos, pant from sham , shoulder from juggernaut?

We are on garrosh nm so , we are not on HM yet.

Thanks

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heras/advanced

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If either the pants from Dark Shaman or Shoulders from IJ are WF then switch them and Ordos chest in and go from 4pc to 2pc.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Both are not warforged

Deleted
    You should equip your 569 weapon in main hand and you should gem/reforge for haste instead of crit.

Monk has many strong skills, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Quick question: Is there list of abilities of whom the periodic healing gets increased by 50% during life-cocoon (in WoD).
    It does affect other classes, right?
    Unless I missed a recent blue tweet, the HoT portion of Life Cocoon should be the same in WoD as it is on live, currently.

It modifies all HoTs, but you'll usually use it on the tank for its absorption bubble rather than for its 50% increased HoT healing.

To List a few examples: Renewing Mists, Soothing Mists, and a Druid's Rejuvenation

A HoT is basically any heal that puts a healing over time buff on the target, even if that buff is from a channeled spell. Once the bubble has absorbed its full damage or otherwise expires, the HoT healing bonus goes with it. It sounds good on paper, but if you use it on the tank, the shield can disappear pretty quickly (in as little as a couple seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphop View Post
    Monk has many strong skills, I like it!
    Please post constructively. Only simple questions or answers to those questions should be posted in this thread.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-08-26 at 01:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick Question what is best Metagem for Mistweaver DPS?
    I tried Caster LGem but it doesn't seem work neither attacks not spam Crackling Jade Lightning. Would Legendary Physical DPS gem work?
    Also, does normal Int gem 3% bonus crit stack additively with double AMP trinekts or multiplicatively?
    Either dps gem has a reduced proc rate for healers. Caster Meta gem with CJL should provide more dps than the melee meta gem. Healer meta gem does still help with mana efficiency provided you continue to keep your healing spells up while dpsing.

Normal int gem should stack additively with the trinkets.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted

moving left/right while roll or flying serpent kick

so i in a beta video i saw this change, that you could move right and left while rolling or while flying with flying serpent kick. it was one of the changes that made me really really hyped for the xpac.
    so after ptr came out yesterday i wanted to test out, but this "feature" isnt in, i'm still rolling/fyling like on live.
    so my question is, is this a bug or was it scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by raphiphop View Post
    so i in a beta video i saw this change, that you could move right and left while rolling or while flying with flying serpent kick. it was one of the changes that made me really really hyped for the xpac.
    so after ptr came out yesterday i wanted to test out, but this "feature" isnt in, i'm still rolling/fyling like on live.
    so my question is, is this a bug or was it scrapped?
    It was never a feature. It was unintended. It was confirmed as a bug by Celestalon in a tweet right after the beta was released. It was kind of fun to use while it lasted, though.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-09-11 at 11:10 AM.

It was a bug in the MoP beta, then they removed it. It came back in WoD beta, and then they removed it again.

Dreams crushed, twice. :/

Simple Question:
    Now, i have both legendary spell cloaks (healing and spell damage) on my monk, but by doing really (and i mean reeeeaalllyyy) extensive tests i couldnt get any of them to proc while i was fistweaving.
    The thing is that i managed to get Xing-Ho to proc the second i casted CJL, and i managed to get Jina-Kang to proc the second i channeled Soothing Mist, however i couldnt get one single proc from classic fistweaving (excluding CJL) at all on both of them.
    Is that a bug or is it just me lol?
    I couldnt found any info on that issue at all, so i figure i could give it a shot here

Simple Question: Any Situation where Chi Torpedo worth using now? I remember Celestalon tweeted "Undertuned on live I know" and mentioned they got certain Ideas or something.

Also: Pool of Mists is Talent for Stance Dance, amiright?
    If MW is having mana issues it's worth using, but it's literally never useful for WW/BrM.

Now, i have both legendary spell cloaks (healing and spell damage) on my monk, but by doing really (and i mean reeeeaalllyyy) extensive tests i couldnt get any of them to proc while i was fistweaving.
    The thing is that i managed to get Xing-Ho to proc the second i casted CJL, and i managed to get Jina-Kang to proc the second i channeled Soothing Mist, however i couldnt get one single proc from classic fistweaving (excluding CJL) at all on both of them.
    Is that a bug or is it just me lol?
    I couldnt found any info on that issue at all, so i figure i could give it a shot here
    I don't think they designed Crane to work with cloaks, it's probably bugged but very low on their priority because it's a non-issue in a couple of weeks.

Hey there!
    Should i use my Kadris Scepter + Hellscream's Tome of Destruction (both normal) or my Hellscream's War Staff (heroic)? I'm tended to the Staff, but not sure. Oh, Mistweaver here.
    Thanks
    Last edited by thefuga; 2014-10-20 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    Hi fellow monks
    My question is does does brewmaster and WW both gets the polearm heirloom from garrosh or is there a chance to get the 1h weapon too? I actually want the polearm so if changing loot spec will help? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Hi fellow monks
    My question is does does brewmaster and WW both gets the polearm heirloom from garrosh or is there a chance to get the 1h weapon too? I actually want the polearm so if changing loot spec will help? Thanks
    It's both 50/50 whether you get the polearm or the 1h. It's just a matter of luck.

Deleted
    Ah ok. Thanks a lot.

I'm trying to confirm how the Eminence mechanic works in terms of both the monk and the statue generating healing. I get most direct damage generates healing equal to 100% of the damage done; 50% from the statue and 50% from the Monk.

Blackout Kick confuses me because its wording is ambiguous; "Eminence healing from this ability heals up to 5 targets for 20% of the damage done." Does this mean it modifies your personal Eminence, or the statue's Eminence, or both? Is it five 20% heals total divided between the monk and the statue, or five 20% heals from the monk plus one 50% heal from the statue, or ten 20% heals, five each from monk and statue, totaling 200% of the Kick damage as healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coreus View Post
    Blackout Kick confuses me because its wording is ambiguous; "Eminence healing from this ability heals up to 5 targets for 20% of the damage done." Does this mean it modifies your personal Eminence, or the statue's Eminence, or both? Is it five 20% heals total divided between the monk and the statue, or five 20% heals from the monk plus one 50% heal from the statue, or ten 20% heals, five each from monk and statue, totaling 200% of the Kick damage as healing?
    This is taken fromt he 'House of the Red Crane' Thread:

This does 100% total healing across 5 targets within 20 yards of the Monk, and an additional 100% across 5 targets within 20 yards of the Statue for a total of 200% healing split over 10 targets (if there are that many in range). CE does its own damage and healing and it also does BoK Eminence to 10 targets based on the damage.

Deleted
    Quick question for Windwalkers:

I've recently rolled a WW and have a quick question around haste levels. Currently running at ~533 ilvl (which is boosted by Mythic heirlooms) and Ascension, with ~15% haste on my gear (incl. gems) pre-raid buffs. I've done a bit of reading around haste levels WW wants to shoot for and have seen 20% thrown around a bit as a 'good' level to run with. Is this still relevant in 6.0?

In raids I'm already finding myself with an excess of resources at times outside of lust so thought I'd ask quickly here as to whether the 20% haste mark is one to shoot for, or if it is more a level a player is comfortable with (similar to DKs and haste). This will also help me in knowing when to drop out of Ascension and go for Chi Brew.

Thanks