Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    Using Warcraft logs, how can I check how effective my Purifying Brew usages were?
    For individual PB usages I think it'll be tough, but figuring it out for a fight overall is pretty straightforward. Go to Damage Taken and hover over the damage bar; it'll show a breakdown of mitigated / normal / absorbed, and the mitigated value is the total amount of damage that was deferred by stagger.

Then switch it to show damage taken by source, and look at how much damage you did to yourself with stagger. The difference between those two numbers is how much you cleared with PB.

Here's an example log I borrowed from the thread about the Butcher here. You can see that Ultrasmooth here mitigated 11.40m damage, but only took 2.35m damage from stagger. So the remaining 9.05m damage was cleared with PB, about 79% of the total.

Deleted
    Windwalker question: when using chi explosion does the combo breaker effect go off how many chi you have banked or is it just a set effect e.g the 2 chi effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Arangaar View Post
    Windwalker question: when using chi explosion does the combo breaker effect go off how many chi you have banked or is it just a set effect e.g the 2 chi effect?
    After you use a ChEx combo breaker at any amount of chi, you get two chi returned to you. If you use use ChEx at 3 chi, it essentially only costs 1. If you use ChEx at 4 chi, it's like it only cost two.

Hey guys!

Have been thinking about returning to 2v2 Arena recently. I used to play a Disc Priest with my DK partner in early MoP, then rolled Brewmaster and forgot all about PvP.

So the question is - what Monk spec should I choose to play with a DK? Windwalker or Mistweaver?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    After you use a ChEx combo breaker at any amount of chi, you get two chi returned to you. If you use use ChEx at 3 chi, it essentially only costs 1. If you use ChEx at 4 chi, it's like it only cost two.
    Yeah I know it refunds the chi but chi explosion differs with the amount of chi that you spend on it. So for example, if you have 4 chi does it work just as it would do with the aoe effect and then refund it afterwards or would it just have the 2 chi effect with the dot because you're only spending two chi? I think it's the former but I'm just wanting to clarify

Being so lucky with RNG, I am up to a 650 ilvl, and have 3 trinkets to chose from for my second trinket slot! I am wondering which would be best overall for ST (H butcher) or aoe. HWF Gorrashan's lodestone, DMF Skull of War trinket, or the Garrison Static: 183 agl+Multistrike. Links below for references to the trinkets.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109998/g...&bonus=499:524 - Lodestone
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=114549 - Grandiose (garrison) trinket
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=112318&b...eated-by-spell - Skull of War 1/3 stage

For the future, should I just sim these? I know I can do it for ST, but I am not certain if the 2-3 targets aoe has them positioned near-by or what. Or if there is an alternative method I could use to find these answers without having to ask people

my armory for refrence also; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guard/advanced
    Last edited by Fireguard; 2014-12-07 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Armory link

Quote Originally Posted by Arangaar View Post
    Yeah I know it refunds the chi but chi explosion differs with the amount of chi that you spend on it. So for example, if you have 4 chi does it work just as it would do with the aoe effect and then refund it afterwards or would it just have the 2 chi effect with the dot because you're only spending two chi? I think it's the former but I'm just wanting to clarify
    It functions based on the amount of chi you have when you use it.

There's an easy way you can test this if that's still not clear. Go to you garrison target dummies. Start beating on the DPS dummy and cap your chi. Keep jabbing until you get a combo breaker proc. Use ChEx. Is the tanking dummy attacking you? If it is, you just caused ChEx to AoE.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-12-07 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

I have a quick gear question. I am fairly new to MW monk for raiding. I decided to make myself a pair of leather crafted leggings. I did a CM tonight and got a pair of legs (typical). I cant decide which is better. The CM legs have a socket and are warforged.

Crafted legs stats are 123 armor184 int, 275 stamina, 126 crit, 116 multistrike (Ilevel 640 stage 1 of 3)

CM Legs Stats are 127 armour, 194 int, 291 stamina, 110 Crit, 141 Versatility + 1 socket (Ilevel 646)

my question is, is the challenge mode legs an upgrade. Or should i stick with the crafted legs. I will lose a lot of multistrike, and a little bit of crit, but i can gem back some multistrike?

First post here so be gentle.

Cheers

For WW in PvP, which non-set piece of gear do you get (i.e. chest/legs/helm/gloves/shoulders)? I haven't been keeping up to date with PvP stuff, and can't find a great source for it.

Deleted
    I think I switch back to my dps monk from my combat rogue. If I understand correctly, for highmaul raid in general, multistrike is the best secondary stat, right?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    I think I switch back to my dps monk from my combat rogue. If I understand correctly, for highmaul raid in general, multistrike is the best secondary stat, right?
    Yes, at least for single target, MS is best. For multitarget Haste is better but MS is 2nd, so its safe to go for MS in most situations.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

So i got moderately lucky with loot last night. and managed to get two 655 pairs of boots.

One pair is +85 versatility and +115 Mastery

the other is +120 crit strike and +80 Mastery

I'm kind of at a toss up because versatility is said to be our 2nd best stat (seren+brew) and mastery is our worst stat. But the second pair has less mastery and more crit strike (which from what i've been reading sims very close to our other good stats, haste, multistrike).

Should i take crit because it has less mastery? that's what im leaning towards but im stuck.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    What should i take into account for "when to use TEB" and Chi Brew? I feel like i misuse both still way too often. I hope someone can give me some advices for both Serenity and ChiEx gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    So i got moderately lucky with loot last night. and managed to get two 655 pairs of boots.

One pair is +85 versatility and +115 Mastery

the other is +120 crit strike and +80 Mastery

I'm kind of at a toss up because versatility is said to be our 2nd best stat (seren+brew) and mastery is our worst stat. But the second pair has less mastery and more crit strike (which from what i've been reading sims very close to our other good stats, haste, multistrike).

Should i take crit because it has less mastery? that's what im leaning towards but im stuck.
    Crit is pretty equal to vers in stat weight. I would probably go wit the crit boots.

7+ Year Old Account
    How long does chi wave take to reach a target? I see people mentioning casting it 1 second before pull. Is that safe?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    How long does chi wave take to reach a target? I see people mentioning casting it 1 second before pull. Is that safe?
    Assuming you're at the max range, or at least out of range it should get there way before your tank pulls. 1s before pull is just another way of saying as you run in to the boss.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I'm pretty sure they sped it up for WoD too; in MoP I'd regularly use it at 2s remaining on the pull timer and it was never in any danger of getting there before the tank was in position. But yeah it's certainly slower than eg. a fireball, you're pretty safe to include it in your prepot macro for example.

Cast it before the pot though, just to be safe. I think I've seen casting CW put me into combat even though it hasn't hit the boss yet, although I can't confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    I'm pretty sure they sped it up for WoD too; in MoP I'd regularly use it at 2s remaining on the pull timer and it was never in any danger of getting there before the tank was in position. But yeah it's certainly slower than eg. a fireball, you're pretty safe to include it in your prepot macro for example.

Cast it before the pot though, just to be safe. I think I've seen casting CW put me into combat even though it hasn't hit the boss yet, although I can't confirm that.
    Yeah, they did. I usually prepot+Chi Wave at .5 seconds on the pull timer(because I play risky like that, and because I can always hit the pot bind if I see the boss target somebody and get it off before I enter combat myself), but 1 second travel time sounds about right.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Here is a quickie. Which one is better for my ww monk?

Unless I'm missing something, those look like the exact same thing.