Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellemar View Post
    Hello, two (linked) questions:

Do I have too much MS?

I got the trinket from Blackhand last night, should I swap one of my existing MS trinkets for it?

Can't post an armory link as new so I am Tellemar on Defias Brotherhood EU.

Cheers!
    If you are talkign Heroic Blackhand, then switch that in for Scales.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Yes it is HC Blackhand, 685 ilvl. Sorry should have specified.

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    I need some help in deciding which weapon / weapons i want to use for chi-ex build with 700 ilvl, 10,14% haste and 25,21% multistrike.

What i have to chose from is mythic warforged staff from oregorger, which has utter shitstats, and 2 x mythic hans'gar forgehammers which has perfect stats (with haste / mutlistrike enchant on) - what should i generally use for cleave / aoe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegacy View Post
    I need some help in deciding which weapon / weapons i want to use for chi-ex build with 700 ilvl, 10,14% haste and 25,21% multistrike.

What i have to chose from is mythic warforged staff from oregorger, which has utter shitstats, and 2 x mythic hans'gar forgehammers which has perfect stats (with haste / mutlistrike enchant on) - what should i generally use for cleave / aoe?
    Your best bet is to run yourself in simcraft with both combinations. Without seeing the actual numbers I'd say it will be pretty equal but lean slightly toward the 2H despite the stats as the increase ilvl will make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the ceiling of multistrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Hnikar View Post
    Windwalker I assume? Mistweaver is 100%
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    All multistrike cap is 100% to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    All multistrike cap is 100% to my knowledge.
    hard cap yes, but soft cap maybe not, due to tiger strikes and trinkets
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-05-16 at 03:37 AM.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    bit.ly/multistrike for multistrike calculations.

Do I want to keep up Tiger Palm during Chi Explosion/Ascension?

10+ Year Old Account
    bit.ly/multistrike for multistrike calculations.

Do I want to keep up Tiger Palm during Chi Explosion/Ascension?
    Its pretty easy to keep up. I try to make sure its up for FoF since thats our hardest hitting ability even with CX, so another 11% damage is good.

Because TP doesn't effect Nature damage, which CX is, the loss of having it fall off isn't as big as with Serenity. Safe bet is to just keep it up unless it will fall off shortly after FoF then its not a big deal.

Deleted
    Playing as MW I currently have the choice between following Trinkets:
    - HC:Elementalist's Shielding Talisman
    - Myth: Auto-Repairing Autoclave
    - Myth: Ironspike Chew Toy

Which combination would you recommend?
    Last edited by mmoc5773a72ee2; 2015-05-21 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarlazar View Post
    Playing as MW I currently have the choice between following Trinkets:
    - HC:Elementalist's Shielding Talisman
    - Myth: Auto-Repairing Autoclave
    - Myth: Ironspike Chew Toy

Which combination would you recommend?
    See spreadsheet link in my signature.

However, double Spirit trinkets are really only necessary on Blast Furnace and Blackhand, and maybe Kromog 4-healing and maybe ChiEx on Oregorger. Depends on how good your healing team is for the last two.

Deleted
    Quick question, if a dps increase is wanted and RJW is not needed -> Xuen or Chi Torpedo

Quote Originally Posted by Ceani View Post
    Quick question, if a dps increase is wanted and RJW is not needed -> Xuen or Chi Torpedo
    Xuen for MW's Crane Stance (please say the spec you're asking about, folks)

Deleted
    Jeah should've been more specific, sry, 20%Crane 80%Serpent as MW sounds about correct.

Does Xuen still fit? At what threshhold does it change?
    Last edited by mmoc9a935b74be; 2015-06-02 at 04:26 AM.

Jeah should've been more specific, sry, 20%Crane 80%Serpent as MW sounds about correct.

Does Xuen still fit? At what threshhold does it change?
    Then normally you wanna focus on HPS with that much Serpent use. Use Chi Torpedo at low Spirit (<= 1400 or so as your maximum you can get) and RJW at medium-to-high Spirit. Xuen is basically STRICTLY for pushing damage. His HPS is poopy. RJW can be great for saving your other healers' mana even if you can only use it in certain phases -- just spam the crap out of it for those phases. That's what everyone did for Mythic Imperator because there's one phase where the raid is super spread and RJW doesn't really help, but people still took it to burn all their mana in the other phases. It's just cause CT isn't super compelling and saving your other healers' mana is still somewhat valuable. There's not much better you can do. If you don't take it, then you'll waste even more mana since SCK spends mana so much slower than RJW, and if you can't find time or hit enough targets for RJW, you definitely won't find time or hit enough targets for SCK, either.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-06-02 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    This means in specific fights I'll sitck to melee for more optimal RJWs, i.e. Darmac, as ranges tend to be spread throughout the fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    This means in specific fights I'll sitck to melee for more optimal RJWs, i.e. Darmac, as ranges tend to be spread throughout the fight?
    This is a good idea in most cases, as a mistweaver monk you are treated as if you are a melee dps for the most part e.g never targeted by darmac spears.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    This is a good idea in most cases, as a mistweaver monk you are treated as if you are a melee dps for the most part e.g never targeted by darmac spears.
    Yup, it's one of Mistweaver's weaknesses that they need to be IN the stack to heal a stack.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I'm new to monk so sorry for the newb question, but this seems the most appropriate place to ask!!

So i've been gearing my WW and got myself above 640 ilvl, so thought time to start tinkering and stuff with simcraft, now as all the guide stated mastery is the worst stat for WW, which i understand. So when i plugged my char into simcraft mastery was coming out as 0.18 compared to multi 2.1 crit/ver 1.81 haste 1.71 for my gear.

Is mastery really that bad for us??? Seems crazy low!!

Just double checking with someone with experience with the numbers to make sure nothing is wrong with my simcraft profile!!