Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That's why you always answer "No" on those questions.
    I said yes when I was asked about it and still got the job. So, no. Not everyone is some idiot who will discriminate against women if they plan on getting pregnant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    And would you ask a man the same question? Seeing as they have the same right to 240 days off work in case of a child.
    If I were an employer in Sweden, yes. I'd still be more concerned about the women though, it's usually them that leave for extended amounts of time, they also need to stop working at some point during the pregnancy.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-27 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I said yes when I was asked about it and still got the job. So, no. Not everyone is some idiot who will discriminate against women if they plan on getting pregnant.
    Well of course not everyone will discriminate, but my point is that it can't hurt your chances if you answer "No" on those questions, but answering "Yes" can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Men can disappear as well if they get kids. Parental leave in Sweden is 480 days, it can be shared 50/50 between men and women. Each parent have a mandatory 60 days out of those 480 days that they have to use.
    Yeah, and the few places where it's mandatory for both genders they wouldn't take gender into account, but everywhere else it's still a factor to consider. If you're going to employ someone to manage high-value clients, or any other work that cannot be postponed or easily managed by someone else in their absence, you'll value the people least likely to need time off given equal qualifications. It's not sexism, it's just logical. I do think laws like the one you have in Sweden is a great way to counter-act this (and a great law for a plethora of reasons), but unfortunately most countries don't have those kinds of laws.

I guess the question or addition that we need to add to this is the numbers of the crimes, or statistics that show the differences between men and women in terms of how much of the crimes were committed by men and then by women.

For example, in terms of murder, what is the percentage difference between the numbers, in all the murders, how many of those were committed by men vs women, 80% to 20% or is it actually closer to 50/50?

I'm curious to see what the numbers would be when controlling for other variables, like the severity of the particular crime (eg: arson of one's own garage vs arson of one's occupied apartment building), the races of the perpetrators and victims, geographical distribution, and whether or not the sentence was the result of a jury trial or a deal with the prosecutor.

You know, without all the misogynist martyr complex stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    I guess the question or addition that we need to add to this is the numbers of the crimes, or statistics that show the differences between men and women in terms of how much of the crimes were committed by men and then by women.

For example, in terms of murder, what is the percentage difference between the numbers, in all the murders, how many of those were committed by men vs women, 80% to 20% or is it actually closer to 50/50?
    How is that in any way relevant to sentencing severity?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    I'm curious to see what the numbers would be when controlling for other variables, like the severity of the particular crime (eg: arson of one's own garage vs arson of one's occupied apartment building), the races of the perpetrators and victims, geographical distribution, and whether or not the sentence was the result of a jury trial or a deal with the prosecutor.

You know, without all the misogynist martyr complex stuff.
    If you actually check out the many links of different studies provided (mostly the ones by Sir Chinsomething (Manakin) you would actually see that they did factor in all those things. Those studies aren't done by MRAs.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    You really are bad at the internet.
    No...he/she could be one of those who do not click on links in MMOChamp forums like myself. :P

On topic, it is usually men who commit more horrendous crimes than women do. So for the same crime, the judge and Jury may be seeing details you would not otherwise see.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-27 at 02:25 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No...he/she could be one of those who do not click on links in MMOChamp forums like myself. :P
    Happy I'm not alone.

You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I have yet to see a bad link on MMO-C. It's pretty hard to end up at a bad spot on the internet if you have any idea what you're doing.
    I've ended up seeing someone being cut open during surgery when I clicked some youtube link here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well, by "bad" link I meant a virus or something. I can't imagine why else you'd be worried about clicking links at any given time.
    Oh, yeah... I've got my javascript in some kind of "Have to ask before activating" mode. In addition to NoScript & adblock.

e: I refrain from opening some stuff I know can be somewhat disturbing many times.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-05-27 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I didn't say there was, nor did I imply it.
    Just more of curiosity from my stand point. Though I could see that if 95% of murders are committed by men, then for whatever reason I could see the 5% of women getting lesser sentences. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make it right, but just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you actually check out the many links of different studies provided (mostly the ones by Sir Chinsomething (Manakin) you would actually see that they did factor in all those things. Those studies aren't done by MRAs.

ts perfect....

how many woman do you see going on rape sprees? going and kidnapping men for 1-2decades... how many woman do you see doing mass murders? hate speeches. burning houses . robbing banks or robbing anything? theres not much of it....men do most of the fighting and harm... but agian your a man...its kinda in your genes...

im sorry but you rarely ever fucking see crime by woman when you do its either drugs or something not so serious.

on other hand...men commit so much crime. so much mass murders. so many kidnaping and selling/enslaving woman lately. its gotten to point...its hard to ignore. but agian i guess because she delt drugs or hooked herself she should get 100 years in prison while a child rapist gets 3 years in prison as of recently...in cali quite afew rapist of children have gotten less then 5years...while i'v seen woman who. do less harmful get double...

theres no double standard just fact that woman pose less of a threat to us then a man does and that has been proven by alot of studies by men...that have said men are more willing and ready to commit crime over a woman .

but w/e its like beating your dick off in a blender lately from post i'v seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Women also make less money. It all evens out in the end. Less jail = more time to work vs more jail = less time to work. The wages will balance out eventually.
    Most people who actually read the studies done on this topic know that it's bullshit. If women did make 0.77 to the dollar men make, then the private sector would only hire women and make a large profit off of it.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Uh huh, what is Northern Ireland?
    A country that's completely different from Ireland (The Republic Of) with a different government and currency, that happens to share the same landmass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    My attempt at sarcasm and dry humor did not go over well it seems.
    No it didn't, but now I feel bad for being so harsh on you.

Hint: Sarcasm in the form of writing doesn't generally translate well.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    OP is from Ireland and linked a co.uk website, chances are he is talking about the UK.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    http://misformalevolent.blogspot.sk/...tatistics.html
    Does it work for you? I'm from Slovakia and I have linked a sk website.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The only captain to ever come out of England was Jean Luc Picard. (Clearly English, look at that name.) Are you saying that Jean Luc Picard crashed that boat?
    Actually Jean-Luc Picard is french.. He was born in 2305 in France.