How much Haste does a Blood DK need to reach GCD cap?

Can't find it anywhere, maybe someone around here knows.

You can Parry-Haste build or go for haste. For me when soloing and going for haste 20 - 30% feels nice. Dono exact caps. Tanked upto Spoils heroic 25man though with a full stam build (offspec kit around 579ilvl) so anything is fine and doable providing your healers are happy. But if they are happy with you sticking around 20%+ haste do it! Feels so much better not having to sit on crap every few seconds.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2014-05-27 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK's GCD cap is variable depending on the amount of parry/dodge, the number of mobs, how fast those mobs hit, ect. Single-target, though, at about 20% haste, I find that I am pushing a button every GCD. (20% haste is about 8k or so haste rating).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The DK's GCD cap is variable depending on the amount of parry/dodge, the number of mobs, how fast those mobs hit, ect. Single-target, though, at about 20% haste, I find that I am pushing a button every GCD. (20% haste is about 8k or so haste rating).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49509/scent-of-blood

Need to factor in SoB also though free RP thats one of reasons you see DK's stacking parry / dodge not only do you get SoB but also crit I toyed with 30% and 20% haste and TBH didn't notice anything different from using full haste gem / reforge to full parry/dodge avoidance build. It never got to the point i felt GCD locked. Might be because my gear is heroic so i have allot of avoidance (parry/dodge) so i almost always get procs of SoB.

Guessing in crapper kit avoidance build might see more GCD locks over a haste build though.

There is no set number. I recommend not intentionally gearing for any Haste at all (it's okay if it happens to be on some of your gear, but don't ever gem for it or reforge to it).

In fact, you will be GCD capped with 0 Haste at certain points depending on the fight. RP generation is through the roof with an avoidance build + AMS soaking w/ Glyph of Regen Magic + CDR trinket, and remember you get another 4 free runes every time you use DRW if you have 4-piece bonus. There is just so much extra resource generation in 5.4 that gearing for Haste is not optimal for any purpose (Crit's best for pure DPS, avoidance is best as a balanced stat, Mastery is best for pure survival).

This is actually kind of an interesting question from an academic standpoint. I say academic because you don't ever want to do that via stacking haste, but it's an neat question. Like others said, blood's resource generation is highly random, and like all DKs bursty with AMS soaking. Simcraft doesn't have a Blood profile, so I can't sim it. Euliat (SSHA on these forums) has his own sim built in matlab, he would be the best one to answer your question.