Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    don't listen to all the kill-joys.

if you love her and she loves you, don't give up. However you gotta ask yourself one question. Are you up to the ask of being daddy for her kid? Chances are, you'll spend a lot of time with it, you didn't tell us about the kid's biological father, so I'm not exactly sure how much being daddy will be necessary but yeah.
    For the first time ever I'm agreeing with this guy.

If you love her that's all that matters. I don't care if you're 18 and in love with a 80 year old, love is love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    For the first time ever I'm agreeing with this guy.

If you love her that's all that matters. I don't care if you're 18 and in love with a 80 year old, love is love.
    Now remember when you were 18 and with someone who gave you sex on tap... You didn't love the person, you loved the sex.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Now remember when you were 18 and with someone who gave you sex on tap... You didn't love the person, you loved the sex.
    I'm still waiting to remember.

Aaaaay- i'm sad now .

2 months is nothing though really, especially in this context OP; Is it love you're really feeling, or lust?

(No judgement here)

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread got weird.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    This thread got weird.
    18 year old boning a 30 year old with a 9 year old kid, it was weird from the get-go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't be going all Elliot Rodger on us now.
    Don't make me link edgy tumblr pictures of emo kids Nixx, i'm warning you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    18 year old boning a 30 year old with a 9 year old kid, it was weird from the get-go
    Nah, it's called fucking. You've never boned someone much older when you were younger? Good times, normally.

I like to give these pointless offtopic threads the benefit of the doubt and assume the request for advice is sincere and reply as such.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah! The question is do you love the sex, or do you love the person.

Lust=/= Love

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    I'm still waiting to remember.

Aaaaay- i'm sad now .

2 months is nothing though really, especially in this context OP; Is it love you're really feeling, or lust?

(No judgement here)
    It's ok, I had enough disappointing sex that I regret (in hindsight) for both of us, if that's any consolation? I wouldn't say you missed out particularly.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Things are getting "extremely serious" and the most important part of your relationship is the sex? 18 year olds and 30 year olds implicitly have different expectations and understandings about relationship. I'm not saying it can't work out, I know several couples with a wide age gap like yours (of course the younger of the partners was always at least 22-23). Make sure you both have the same understanding of what "extremely serious" means. Don't infer or imply anything. See what she thinks about meeting your parents.

"Mom, I'm crazy about this woman I've been seeing. Just so you know, she's 30 and has a 9 year old kid".

By the way, I've seen a rule-of-thumb formula to measure how squicky an age gap is. If you're younger than X/2+7 (where your partner is X years old), or vice versa, you will raise some eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    "Mum this is Kelly, Kelly this is mum. We're dating" (Not you and your mother ofc, that'd be wrong if you and your mother were dating, so make it clear that you're dating Kelly.)
    Has anybody here seen Kelly?

K, E, double L, Y, haaaaaaave you seen him smile???

10+ Year Old Account
    Single moms tend to have issues keeping a relationship. So im guessing if they have something good they will try and keep it. Also you should consider if you are having children of your own and how old you want to be when that happens. Say you want to have a child at 25 she will be 37 and thats pretty old to be getting pregnant again.

It is set up for failure but your only 18 so you have the benefit of time not her. But to answer your question it wont make any difference how you tell your mum. She will either approve or disapprove and the way you deliver the news wont change the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantrithor View Post
    Yup you sound like a kid alright, with the way you feel it's necessary to detail this. Maybe tell mommy too about how well you've been able to impress a 30 year old in bed? I'm sure that will make her feel more comfortable about her age..
    Right, adults never talk about how good the sex is in a relationship.

LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Oh lawdy

I've never seen paper cuts so shallow.
    Remember kids, it's down the road, not across the highway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm just gonna throw this out there

You are closer in age to the daughter than you are to the mom

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there

You are closer in age to the daughter than you are to the mom
    Really has nothing to do with it. People are people. Age shouldn't matter if two people enjoy being together.

I'd be more concerned about your relationship with your family if you have to ask online for advice about telling your mom something so simple. You're a grown man, you don't need her approval. She must not love you very much if she ends up making a big deal over it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    Obviously. But the difference here is she is 30, and you can tell she is 30. I dont want my mom to be surprised
    Wait a min, I see a contradiction here, you can tell she is 30 .You said in your original post she did not look like she was 30 to your friends. Which is it?

On the topic, you both are adults, 12 year difference is nothing to be concerned about.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-27 at 01:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's simple, to be honest.

Introduce her normally and honestly, as you would do with any girl of regular age that you really like.
    Don't mention anything out of the ordinary.
    Would you mention her age if she was your age?
    Would you mention her virginity or sexual orientation?

In a nutshell, don't be awkward or apologetic, don't say more than you would normally, and show that you are on HER side.
    You're not on trial.
    She's not on trial.

When you make a big deal out of something simple, you get the results you fear.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-05-27 at 01:51 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

What if OP is sleep walking and he's actually the 9 year old with an Oedipus Complex
    ./threadMerinCollect200Dollars

Just come out and say it, be direct. That being said, I fail to see why any 30 something would have anything in common with an 18 year old. Hell, I am in my last year in my 20's, and I view most 18 and even 20 year olds as annoying kids. Get off my lawn and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    I am an 18 year old male dating a 30 year old female. We have been in a relationship the past 2 months. As often as possible, I will go to her house and we will sleep together and hangout and just have fun. On the weekends when we both do not work, we go out on dates and such. How do I tell my mom I'm in a relationship with a 30 year old? She also has a 9 year old daughter.

Please do not think im some desperate teenager and she is some desperate 30 year old. I have shown friends pictures of her, asking them 'hey how do old do you think this girl is?' and all of their answers range from 18-23. I tell them that she is 30 and they can't believe it. They support me being with her, probably because they think she is hot. I've been in many relationships before with people my age, 2 1-year long relationships and a couple 5+ months ones here and there so I have been around my age before. She has been engaged, is a manager at a store, has her own house and car with no roommates. The sex with her is amazing, she doesnt feel any different than someone my age and we bond so well together when we do it. She said I am the best she's ever been with and she swears up and down. Only 1 other person I have had such good sex with was someone I dated for a year and was 'in love' with.

Every day we get closer and closer and things are getting extremely serious, I want her to meet my parents. How would I go about doing this?
    Where did you meet her? And how did you both hit things off?