Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dear MMO Champ, where is the Wildstar section?

Hi,

Thank you for viewing this thread. I'd like to suggest that a forum section for Wildstar is launched. It's safe to say we can remove the SWTOR one lool.

I for one look forward to jumping into Wildstar this friday night (Head start) which should hold me until Warlords comes about then it will be a battle for my time and money Blizzard vs Ex-Blizzard staff (Carbine) haha how awesome. I look forward to it. I most likely will be playing both anyway. Draken Warrior & Human WW Monk booom!

Anyway, back to the point yeah i'd like the Wildstar topic so we Wildstar recruits can discuss matters of the nexus

15+ Year Old Account
    They will not have one until it is shown that the game has succeeded after a month or so, they really do not want more forums clogging up the room that no one is barely using.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same reason we do not have a ESO one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, I never noticed there wasn't a Starcraft forum. I just always assumed there was, but as you mentioned the megathread is deserted and a good example of why not every game needs a sub-forum.

The administrators and us mods have both said repeatedly why there is no ESO sub-forum. Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean it should. As we've stated there needs to be a certain amount of activity in ESO Megathread to warrant a sub-forum. We also said it wouldn't be until 2-3 months after release if it did. That would mean June-July since that gives us enough material to look at to see how popular it is for the website to have a forum. According to our statistics there is not enough activity in the ESO Megathread to warrant us to rush making one.

As Arlee mentioned the forums Mincraft, SWtoR are exact reasons why we stopped making forums immediately. They get popular the first month or two and then activity drops to like rock bottom. Leaving the forum to kind of just rot, but at the same time we don't want to just up and delete it as many people use the information there still (could merge to one megathread but not worth the effort). So instead of wasting time like that on every game we use Megathreads.

There's not really much more information that us or the administrators can provide to you. I'm not sure what mystical information you think we are holding back from you in not making a forum. Just because it looks like it needs it, it doesn't. Even based on the stats I posted activity would be up for like a week and then drastically die is the assumption the Megathread is showing at this time.

Either way you can show your support for it's own forum by talking in the Megathread about relevant stuff to the game (spammy posts don't help it's case). Replying in a thread like this won't help it's case either. It's just a place for people to talk about it instead of spamming up the Megathread. Only way to encourage a sub-forum is by action and supporting the Megathread. Make it active. Give people something to talk about in the game.
    Check that thread out.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Pretty much the same reason we do not have a ESO one right now.

Check that thread out.
    Thank you so much! I was about to go through the ESO forum section as well and requote myself because basically everything that applies to it applies to Wildstar in this case.

Bane-Thunder-God everything that apepi has quoted me saying is true for Wildstar. The game has not been released yet so we have no clue how much activity it will have. The current Megathread gives us zero idea of how the activity will be for Wildstar. Once the game is released on June 3rd the activity from them on will help gauge if it's enough to get a subforum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Thank you so much! I was about to go through the ESO forum section as well and requote myself because basically everything that applies to it applies to Wildstar in this case.

Bane-Thunder-God everything that apepi has quoted me saying is true for Wildstar. The game has not been released yet so we have no clue how much activity it will have. The current Megathread gives us zero idea of how the activity will be for Wildstar. Once the game is released on June 3rd the activity from them on will help gauge if it's enough to get a subforum.
    Haha, was looking for your quote too, just until I noticed it was already quoted (Yes, I sorta saw the question before the thread, so went to look for the quote and come back to see, it was already there..). Damn people for just being that faster.

Quite difficult to take notice on subforums for new games when they aren't at full running yet. Would become a big mess if a subforum was to be added for new titles all the time, specially if they aren't even published yet. We will just have to take a look at it and see how it develops ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Games have to proof that they are popular enough to warrant its own subforum, not sure how they measure it on this forum but one can guess the activity in the megathread. But that isn't always quite reliable if you keep the people who occasionally visit the megathread in the cold despite the game having been out for months, eventually they will stop bothering with the megathread because they often turn into a mess.

From what I've seen from Wildstar it is quite popular here, not nearly as popular as TESO but it has had quite some activity. I'd say it deserves their own subforum, but if TESO isn't getting one I don't foresee one for Wildstar either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    It's safe to say we can remove the SWTOR one lool.
    SWTOR is one of the more popular subforum. The least popular ones by far are Minecraft and Heroes of the Storm. I've requested to convert them back into megathreads, but yet again this is something I never get an answer from either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since no one has provided a link, here is the Wildstar megathread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tar-NDA-Lifted

In lieu of subforums, most other popular games have a megathead for discussion until the point where it seems like they need a dedicated forum.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my little suggestion (if the game is a huge success like wow):

When creating new wildstar section, try spreading it into 3 parts:
    *Classes/specs
    *Raids/dungeons
    *Everything else
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well my little suggestion (if the game is a huge success like wow)
    That's an extremely large caveat...just sayin. If people are looking for good forums for Wildstar I suggest the official forums. If you want to be surrounded by fans(you know the type) you can hang out on wildstarcentral. I loathe that place, but I'm sure others love it.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well my little suggestion (if the game is a huge success like wow):

When creating new wildstar section, try spreading it into 3 parts:
    *Classes/specs
    *Raids/dungeons
    *Everything else
    Don't forget the guild recruitment section.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd second that but judging by the negative response to the ESO request, almost hostile, without any valid arguments whatsoever, I would not hold your breath for one anytime soon. It appears that half an hour worth of setup and mod selection is beyond the effort of the owners of this forums. On the bright side of things, WS has a worthy alternative already that is a great community, so not really that fussed.

Click on some ads on this page if you haven't blocked them, maybe then, will the forum be deemed worthy Until then, happy digging through 600 pages of one thread, if that's your sort of thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    without any valid arguments whatsoever
    I guess you missed all of the mod posts and pretty much 50% of that thread then...Same reasons apply to not making this sub forum either.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I guess you missed all of the mod posts and pretty much 50% of that thread then...Same reasons apply to not making this sub forum either.
    I would wish they treated blizzard games the same way though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would wish they treated blizzard games the same way though.
    I mean the mod posts openly state that this is a WoW first, Blizzard by extension forum. It's been that way forever. No reason to expect anything different or even get mad about it. Like seriously, the hostility for it being that way is ridiculously immature.
    BAD WOLF

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I probably missed some, but one that stood out, with a very irritative tone, stated they are summarizing all previous arguments - quite possibly they weren't - quite possibly I have taken that particular post as complete picture, who knows. Truth is, creating a new subforum requires very little time investment by, at most 2 people - 1 to do it, another to check before going live. There are no additional costs, there wouldn't be if they decided to create a sub for every mmo out there. Mods are selected from among forum users, they devote their time and effort to it for free, the extra hosting space needed for one, minus the space actually occupied by the thread itself, inclusive of traffic in and out, is barely worth noting, especially that their predictions of non success for both games appear quite strong lol. Shutting down a forum is even easier, should it turn out it's not worth the volunteer mods' time.

I'd love to hear an argument against it with which I can't argue - other then business matters with the one true game Which I play btw That's why I'm here.

So far, it's a no, because we don't want to - why should we care that a number of our members are having tough time trying to locate information in threads long enough to pave the way from here to the moon, why make it more convenient? Makes absolutely no sense!

I probably missed some, but one that stood out, with a very irritative tone, stated they are summarizing all previous arguments - quite possibly they weren't - quite possibly I have taken that particular post as complete picture, who knows.
    Which post was rude that you keep mentioning. I haven't seen any of the mods or members act that way but maybe I missed something.

Truth is, creating a new subforum requires very little time investment by, at most 2 people - 1 to do it, another to check before going live. There are no additional costs, there wouldn't be if they decided to create a sub for every mmo out there.
    It's not a matter of creating it that is the question. It's the "is it worth having an extra forum lengthen the page of already existing forums that might not get used".

especially that their predictions of non success for both games appear quite strong lol. Shutting down a forum is even easier, should it turn out it's not worth the volunteer mods' time.
    Predictions of which game? If you are referring to ESO and Wildstar then you are incorrect. ESO's interest in the Megathread is rapidly going down which is further proof of why we don't create forums right off the bat. If we did it would go from active to dead. Sure you could argue "But if it had one people would talk in it more!". If that was the case they'd use the Megathread to help make their voice be heard in the importance of one. The statistics *I'm* using don't even include spam or deleted posts which would further lower the count.

Wildstar's popularity really doesn't count at the moment as it's all beta and everyone is hyping it up which is fine. But beta talk/being excited doesn't show how well the game will do once it's launched and everyone gets to play it.

I'd love to hear an argument against it with which I can't argue
    Unfortunately, no point we try to make or explain will convince you or anyone of the reasons why we are not creating a subforum are good. That's fine, it's your opinion.

So far, it's a no, because we don't want to - why should we care that a number of our members are having tough time trying to locate information in threads long enough to pave the way from here to the moon, why make it more convenient? Makes absolutely no sense!
    Again, your statement is wrong. Nowhere did we ever say we weren't creating a subforum was because we didn't want to. We gave you specific reasons and its just that you chose not to accept those reasons. The reason a megathread exists is because it is easier for everyone to stay on topic in one big thread rather than to clutter the Video Game Discussion forum with multiple threads of the same question.

Just as soon as it kills WoW.

*ducks*

But seriously, it's not out for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    SWTOR is one of the more popular subforum. The least popular ones by far are Minecraft and Heroes of the Storm. I've requested to convert them back into megathreads, but yet again this is something I never get an answer from either.
    Hopefully that changes when HOTS is actually launched lol.

I honestly didn't know there was one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just as soon as it kills WoW.

*ducks*

But seriously, it's not out for a month.
    But seriously, you mean in 2 days when the headstart begins? Far cry from "it's not out for a month".
    Last edited by babalou1; 2014-05-29 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    We are not going to delete forums and convert everything into a megathread. That would be way more effort than is needed not to mention the convoluted mess it would turn into. Since merging arranges post by dates so there would be absolutely no rhyme or reason in the thread since most people in existing threads for it to make sense.

As you can see forums like Minecraft and such are the exact reasons we are holding off on making new subforums. If we made one for every game and it ended up like that then there'd be no point in having subforums anymore. I'm sorry if this is not the reason you are looking for and not sure why you felt you never got an answer. It has been answered multiple times in multiple subforum asking threads that it should be common sense by now. The stance of MMO-C hasn't changed on this issue since we last evaluated the lesser used forums.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right next to the TESO section
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*