Challenge Mode Gear Help, Haste vs. Mastery

So I'm starting to gear my hunter alt that I have, and I'm sorting through all this gear I have gotten for him so far.
    I'm wondering about all the excess stats beside crit I have on him currently, that being haste and mastery, is there any major difference in power between the two as I will be doing challenge modes?
    This has been really irking me lately so any info on it or if the gap is so minimal its pointless would be largely appreciated.
    P.S. I am also using the Relic of Xuen and Bottle of Inifnite Stars trinket, would also like to know if theirs any better trinkets I can get as far as I know.
    P.S.S Also got Deadly Retinal Armor / Engineering bonuses.

Zen alchemist stone is better than bottle. Crit>mastery.
    Retired hunter

When I was doing them I went crit > mastery > haste as Survival. Though honestly since your gear gets scaled down so much I don't think the difference between mastery and haste at such low values is very huge. If you are aiming for just gold medal times, you honestly don't need to worry about min/maxing. So long as the whole group knows what they are doing and has experience doing CMs, it's pretty easy to get golds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to imagine that since stats get lowered so much that crit would be the way to go. At low gear levels crit has always seemed like the best stat until gear starts getting better.

I ain't getting Alchemy as my other proffession so I'll have to pass on that trinket, and yeah I know crits my #1 stat for this, got it on all my gear, just worrying about the secondarys, haste vs. mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    When I was doing them I went crit > mastery > haste as Survival. Though honestly since your gear gets scaled down so much I don't think the difference between mastery and haste at such low values is very huge. If you are aiming for just gold medal times, you honestly don't need to worry about min/maxing. So long as the whole group knows what they are doing and has experience doing CMs, it's pretty easy to get golds.
    Also thanks for the reply, its relieving to know that mastery won't hinder me.

Deleted
    Just started trying proving grounds,
    is there a BIS list?

I'm guessing it's just more sockets = win?

any specific items?

Link to BiS lists, just go along to the hunter tab:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=2

Quote Originally Posted by Rinklestein Joe View Post
    I ain't getting Alchemy as my other proffession so I'll have to pass on that trinket, and yeah I know crits my #1 stat for this, got it on all my gear, just worrying about the secondarys, haste vs. mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for the reply, its relieving to know that mastery won't hinder me.
    Yea, generally there is tons of AoE going on in CM so I figured the mastery would be more useful than the haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste > mastery for cmodes. Mastery is just a poopy stat for survival.

I don't think that's true, based on the anecdotal evidence that every single top CM team's hunter is running crit>mastery. I'll run some sims on it in a bit though.
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's minor regardless, very minor

Yea, obviously. Unless you're going for world times, it's super irrelevant.
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Haste > mastery for cmodes. Mastery is just a poopy stat for survival.
    Mastery>haste is common knowledge for aoe as surv. Cms are a lot off aoe, so y mastery is not poopy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l4808 View Post
    Mastery>haste is common knowledge for aoe as surv. Cms are a lot off aoe, so y mastery is not poopy.
    So because it's "common knowledge" that a stat is better for aoe, it automatically makes it better for c modes? People really under value haste as survival, also mastery is complete dog crap for surv, I'd like to see actual numbers not just common knowledge because a few people went mastery over haste. Seems fishy in all honesty. Just claiming mastery is better for aoe is not good enough for me.

Am running the sims now, will upload when finished.
    Retired hunter