Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brathozmvp View Post
    they really should not get that many auto attacks out unless you did something horribly wrong, if you're in a really sticky situation you should diffuse leg sweep the adds, I do this sometimes when im not in the correct position for the p3 whirling
    Leg Sweep? You should go ox wave for this. They will be in a straight line and it prevents them from hitting you.

It's so awesome to see the advice here. I'm doing the kite for our progression, we just started last week. So I've only had about 6 pulls where I could actually kite.

I'm wondering how everyone handles that 2nd set (btw - mw here, haven't BrM since early ToT :/) . I'm running the edge of the room and I'm getting back to the raid by the time the next empowered whirling comes out, I either get destroyed trying to get the new adds while the 1st set is being stunned. Or I only get a handful while the rest destroy the raid. We've planned a series of stuns and an external on top off my cds, but I'm wondering if there is anything else we should do.

Thanks Rek for your tips. I'm using chi torpedo right now for that extra healing and distance.

Ideally your raid is stacked up and move together except maybe a couple healers, depending on your healing comp and raid CD strategy. So most adds should spawn on a predictable area. This can vary a bit due to timing and position from one attempt to the other but basically:
    - Start barrelling new adds (aim for the swirly purple aoes)
    - Stun previous pack when close to you
    - Keep barrelling everything and make your escape with a sprint

Here's a short clip demonstrating how I do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBo2yJR0aFM

Thank you Sonrisa! That's the exact spot I'm talking about. I was trying to get a stun further out and then the cross back and smack me, so that looks a lot more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairish View Post
    It's so awesome to see the advice here. I'm doing the kite for our progression, we just started last week. So I've only had about 6 pulls where I could actually kite.

I'm wondering how everyone handles that 2nd set (btw - mw here, haven't BrM since early ToT :/) . I'm running the edge of the room and I'm getting back to the raid by the time the next empowered whirling comes out, I either get destroyed trying to get the new adds while the 1st set is being stunned. Or I only get a handful while the rest destroy the raid. We've planned a series of stuns and an external on top off my cds, but I'm wondering if there is anything else we should do.

Thanks Rek for your tips. I'm using chi torpedo right now for that extra healing and distance.
    Our raid just stacks on the second whirling in one place and doesnt move (we blow all CDs so even in 3 heal the raid HP doesnt move a bit) so our kiting monk runs by and spam the barrels on group to get all the adds, we stun the 1st group with warlocks to give him extra time to pick them up.

if you cannot do this (for whatever reason) have a DK grab all adds to one spot and take them from him (again just spam barrels on him).

We stack for Emp WW 1 and 3 too (we afk terrace) but we dont have CDs for Emp WW number 2. If raid doesn't move picking them is rather trivial really, even when you have the stack following you.

Is there any reason to actually see the terrace phase other than dps sucks? With 580 ilvl there shouldn't be much of a reason to actually see that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Is there any reason to actually see the terrace phase other than dps sucks? With 580 ilvl there shouldn't be much of a reason to actually see that phase.
    Some groups (like ours) just have poor skilled people that cant do decent DPS even when decked in 586 ilvl (really, we scored our kill in that much gear and still wiped for 200 tryes).

Haven't raided 25 for months so I'm talking about how our kills went a while ago, can't really tell how it goes now days since I haven't tried with the ilvl upgrades, but DPS was tight for us in 25. In 10 man we've never seen terrace even before the gear upgrades.

Woot, chalk up one more Monk to have kited HM Garrosh.. what a thrill

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my PoV for kiting and iron stars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDn...ature=youtu.be
    The log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qTQkfC8H3AKMYN2x

We took Brutal <Static>'s approach to iron star(s). Though the 2nd iron star is never needed if we do the malice right.

A few other things:
    - The 3 tanks share boss tanking duties until after intermission 2.
    - We always aim to be under 20% going into intermission 2, for the next point
    - We only ever get 2 empowered whirls, 1st after intermission 2, the 2nd in phase 3.
    - Lust/Hero as soon as phase 3 starts.
    - We stack and heal through the 2nd empowered, you'll notice in my kiting path that I time my loops so that both whirl adds line up.
    - I take Momentum (personal feathers effect basically), Ascension (energy), Charging Ox (ranged stun) and Chi Torpedo (longer roll). Darkwater potion for any "ohshi*" moments.

Aside from that, we could 'potentially' skip the transition 2 with one less tank (3 to 2) and one less heals (from 4 to 3). But that isn't my call to make, and this format has been working for us.

Why do you energy cap all the time? You weren't using annihilates for vengeance, and you guys didn't rotate through your tanks often enough to keep you guys rolling with vengeance. There's so much damage left on the table, not to mention having that Wolf Rider not get hit by the Iron Star to take 50% hp off for you. Having your raid move so much for desecrations is actually an overall dps loss too. Why make 25 people move when only 7 need to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we screwed up on that wolf rider, not that it matters for phase 1 in the whole scheme of things.
    In all phases, only 7/8 people move for desecrates, 8th for backup. The exception is for the 2nd desecrate in phase 3, as it gets dropped on the raid. If you're referring to us moving to the locations before the first desecrate after both intermissions. That is necessary to our strategy, and how we keep a clear kiting path that works.

As for the rest of your post, I could indeed do more things to increase my DPS, but I'm a tank. DPS isn't a priority if our boss% goals are being met; staying alive is.

As for what my post above is intended to be though, is a reference for others potentially needing kiting assistance, not our strategy, or where we (or I) 'failed' on our first heroic kill.
    Last edited by Azelias; 2014-06-26 at 09:11 PM.

Got to do Garrosh this week, managed to do well at kiting. They move a lot faster than I anticipated, was expecting like Tortos bats. Went with Tiger's Lust and Charging Ox Wave. Not really used to off tanking so I got a weak aura to track vengeance to make sure I keep it high, helped my damage a good bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the iron star does indeed speed up, however as for getting distance between you and the kiting adds is perfectly fine. You should be aiming the keg around halfway between you and the mobs. Even slightly closer to you is better as it can make sure that you stack the adds together. A general circular movement though does most of this for you.

Deleted
    Hi there, does anyone know if diffuse magic works against desecrated weapon aoe dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenhain View Post
    Hi there, does anyone know if diffuse magic works against desecrated weapon aoe dmg?
    Desecrate – Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a random enemy, inflicting 146250 to 153750 Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yards and creates a Desecrated Weapon at the location.
    The Dungeon Journal is your friend. Since Shadow damage is magic damage....

Deleted
    Thank you, I was disgusted because of the dmg is posted as red flaoting combat text instead of purple I think.