Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would strongly advise you not to take sponsored NKorean tours as fact. You mentioned VICE footage, I'd strongly suggest you watch their recent visit if you haven't already. The footage with the computer labs.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    North Korea puts humanity to shame, why do we accept such attrocities on our planet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    why do we accept such attrocities on our planet?
    Go ahead and try to change it. Personally, I don't feel like it's my responsibility to play world police.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-05-27 at 07:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find North Korea incredibly interesting , I can't believe somewhere like this still exists in the world. It amazes me.

ofc i realize the government wants you to see what they want you too, thats why i mentioned we dont see the countryside sadly.
    i see lotsa people(not much color clothing tho:P) and cars which if they indeed live in or near the capitol seem to have it good.
    hell if that tour happens 1x every week and the government orders complete cleanup every week it be pretty clean to live there :P

tho its not like we get detailed reports and footage of the country as a whole only "hearsay" which made me wonder if theres alot of bias.
    and most journalist like those from vice come there already expecting bad things and will mostly(ifnot only) report bad things back, we never get any journalist reporting the good things cus that doesn't sell and that happens in most places in the world. AKA bias
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Go ahead and try to change it. Personally, I don't feel like it's my responsibility to play world police.
    Wanting a better world for everyone is playing world police?

So be it, somebody has to do it, might aswell be me, now to start my plot to become Earths Overlord and reshape our society in my image.

Any tips?

Hahahaha, omg, this post changed my title to 'The Lightbringer' xD How fitting, is this a sign?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    tho its not like we get detailed reports and footage of the country as a whole only "hearsay" which made me wonder if theres alot of bias.
    and most journalist like those from vice come there already expecting bad things and will mostly(ifnot only) report bad things back, we never get any journalist reporting the good things cus that doesn't sell and that happens in most places in the world. AKA bias
    You don't get people reporting on the good stuff, because there isn't any good stuff. Unless your part of 0.5% that make up the countries elite, and even then, say something wrong and you get thrown to the dogs, literally.

If you were north Korean, wouldn't you want it to be someone's responsibility? How would you feel when someone just says "fuck 'em, not my business"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Hahahaha, omg, this post changed my title to 'The Lightbringer' xD How fitting, is this a sign?
    Indeed. You are the chosen one. North Korea's destiny rests on your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If you were north Korean, wouldn't you want it to be someone's responsibility? How would you feel when someone just says "fuck 'em, not my business"?
    If someone wants to do something about it, fine. I never said that nobody should interfere with their stuff, did I?
    However, personally, I won't really spare many thoughts about the matter.

Deleted
    Indeed. You are the chosen one. North Korea's destiny rests on your shoulders.
    Now to find a unicorn and trow the usurper Kim Jong Un from my throne.

Think i read once they're told that Kim Jong Un or Il or whatever his face is called apparently can read your mind at all times and that they're so brain washed that after escaping to south korea or other bordering countries that they are actually convinced he knows where they are through their mind

Pretty fucked up shit. Its like if people actually took religion seriously

Luckily its all caged into one area. Like a human land fill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Think i read once they're told that Kim Jong Un or Il or whatever his face is called apparently can read your mind at all times and that they're so brain washed that after escaping to south korea or other bordering countries that they are actually convinced he knows where they are through their mind

Pretty fucked up shit. Its like if people actually took religion seriously

Luckily its all caged into one area. Like a human land fill
    Pretty sure people know the brutality but just like during Stalinist times everyone knew but had to put a mask and then in the evening discuss this and that with their closest friends.

Fucks up their minds big time,just imagine that split in your thinking.

The mentioning of prohibition on things was even more prohibited than on open critique of system,if that makes sense.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-05-27 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    I haven't seen much footage of north korea, i seen the VICE footage and it was very interesting, now this new footage came out recently and i must say i like how clean the city is and it doesn't look too bad.

so im wondering if all the bias toward north korea is just "western" propaganda?
    ofc we only see the capital where north korea leaders also reside so it was expected to look "normal", sadly we dont see footage of the country side and its people.

am i to bold to say: mayb this is one of the rare places dictatorship works?

GoPro City Tour Of Pyongyang, North Korea:

what do you think?
    Hmm... dictatorship works you ponder? Meanwhile most people are starving, many are dying, many are tortured, many are rounded up and locked up in prison work camps where they will likely die. It's not that uncommon for a pregnant woman's child to be killed if she gives birth. If a member of your family messes up the entire family is sent to prison camp... it's a country that's essentially working by enslaving it's people.

People hate on North Korea without realizing how critical America's role was in ensuring its failure as a state.

Did you know that North Korea was far more economically prosperous than the South before the Korean War?

Did you know that North Korea remained more economically prosperous than the South after the Korean War?

It was only during the late 60s that the South caught up due to American backed infrastructure projects and the like. Oh, and the North was a few miles away from conquering the whole damn peninsula. And then again, when the Americans reached the Yalu river it was almost united. America being content to maintain the status quo of North v. South Korea left them to rot, North Korea doesn't have nearly enough arable land to feed its growing population. Without grain subsidies from Stalin and Mao, the country's food supplies dried up and at this point the entire nation is malnourished.

Both the US and the North Korean government should be tried for crimes against humanity for provoking this famine.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hmm... dictatorship works you ponder? Meanwhile most people are starving, many are dying, many are tortured, many are rounded up and locked up in prison work camps where they will likely die. It's not that uncommon for a pregnant woman's child to be killed if she gives birth. If a member of your family messes up the entire family is sent to prison camp... it's a country that's essentially working by enslaving it's people.
    wheres your source for all this info?
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    People hate on North Korea without realizing how critical America's role was in ensuring its failure as a state.

Did you know that North Korea was far more economically prosperous than the South before the Korean War?

Did you know that North Korea remained more economically prosperous than the South after the Korean War?

It was only during the late 60s that the South caught up due to American backed infrastructure projects and the like. Oh, and the North was a few miles away from conquering the whole damn peninsula. And then again, when the Americans reached the Yalu river it was almost united. America being content to maintain the status quo of North v. South Korea left them to rot, North Korea doesn't have nearly enough arable land to feed its growing population. Without grain subsidies from Stalin and Mao, the country's food supplies dried up and at this point the entire nation is malnourished.

Both the US and the North Korean government should be tried for crimes against humanity for provoking this famine.
    So, bascially we should have allowed NK to complete its conquest of SK, even though SK didn't want to be united with the NK's communist goverment. You really need to read some history on the conflict.

BTW you do realize that the Korean conflict was a UN backed conflict right....not just a US unilateral action.
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2014-05-27 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    So, bascially we should have allowed NK to complete its conquest of SK, even though SK didn't want to be united with the NK's communist goverment. You really need to read some history on the conflist.

BTW you do realize that the Korean conflict was a UN backed conflict right....not just a US unilateral action.
    More fun if we just bash the USA since nation bashing seems to be approved by a super moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    More fun if we just bash the USA since nation bashing seems to be approved by a super moderator.
    lol which one, seems to be epidemic.

Love the double standards though. Its even better when the poster doesn't have a clue what they are rambling about.

10+ Year Old Account
    After further review of the premise of the opening post and the reaction to it, there isn't anywhere that a thread like this can go.

Closing.