Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Opinions: you DON'T have right to have opinion, you are on private property of google and whatever(legal) they say goes.
    Racism: well i am biased towards statistics and personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't comment on Youtube videos.

It's not racist if you're genuinely not attracted to their skin color. It's racist if you assume you're not attracted to them because you believe having x skin color means they'll have y and z personality traits.
    Oh, how many times i tried explaining that to themius... He still thinks that if you arent attracted to a black woman/man it means you are racist.

OP: its not racism... racism is discrimination/violence based on assumptions about a group disregarding individuals, to disregard the value or virtue of an individual purely out of being of a specific race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Little off-topic, but your girlfriend is asian, yet you don't find other races attractive? Judging by the rest of the post, I get the impression you are of another race.

As for the rest of your post. I personally don't understand the need to be vocal about something you don't like every single time, or often. Know your timing. YouTube is a place which is extremely public. It appeals to everyone in the entire world. Not saying everyone in the world see every single video, but random people stumble across videos, and a large chunk of them aswell as those who activly seek spesific videos. If you comment on YouTube, your comment and opinion is extremely public, and is it really worth that much...?

1. Do you feel your negative opinion about a random YouTube video is so important that you have to be vocal about it to an "entire planet"?
    2. Did the one posting, ask for opinions? Obviously, by posting a video one should always be aware that there will be negative reactions, but from a larger perspective, opinions and attention isn't always the purpose of the video. Sometimes it's simply the idea of sharing with likeminded people, or causing awareness.
    3. Do you go up to strangers on the street, for example skaters, and tell them you think their "tricks" suck or that you aren't impressed? 'Cause in the case of sharing(see question nr. 2), this might aswell be what you are doing. It just happen to be a video which you are writing a response to instead of telling the people involved face to face.

At last, ask yourself why it is so important to you that everyone get to hear your opinion about so many things. A lot of people do not have this need.

Share your negative opinion gladly with your social circle, or on a forum where this is sort of the point(like this section/thread), and there's nothing wrong with it(this is my opinion btw), but be aware that a lot of people will not understand your need to be vocal in every single situation. This doesn't mean you are never allowed to be negative, just know your timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjective opinions only matter to you. I don't like avocado. That's an "opinion". I don't expect to convince anyone else to dislike avocado, because it's just my opinion, for me.

For instance, I generally don't find broad noses to be attractive. Are these more common among certain ethnic groups? Sure. Is it because of those ethnic groups? Heck no. Do I think badly of women who have broader noses? Not at all; it's just a "not for me" thing. They're just as lovely as anyone else, they just don't turn my own personal crank.

That isn't in any way racist.

If you were to say you don't like black women because all black women are _____, though, that would be. Sweeping statements that don't apply to everyone in that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that you are not attracted to black females is as much racism as saying that you are not attracted to Steven Hawking is discrimination of disabled. We all have our personal preferences. Racism is when you say that black females are worse than white females. You just said that you are attracted to them less generally, which is absolutely normal. You know, I am not generally sexually attracted to 80 y/o Tibetan monks, but it doesn't mean I respect them less.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say they are not attracted to black ladies, I just laugh a little inside, because I know of MANY that could get any man to drop his pants in 1.7 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mixed (half black/half white), but I have a preference towards white women. Whether that's because there are far more white women in my area than other races or if I just like them more I have no idea, but that doesn't mean I'm racist. Attraction is a touchy subject because it directly relates to people's self esteem. I don't like obese people either, doesn't mean I don't like them as people, I just don't find them attractive.

Everyone has a preference towards a certain type of person. Now, if you refuse to date a black girl or an asian girl because of their race and not on the basis that you don't find them attractive then that is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't comment on Youtube videos.

It's not racist if you're genuinely not attracted to their skin color. It's racist if you assume you're not attracted to them because you believe having x skin color means they'll have y and z personality traits.
    Prejudice=/=Racist

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    When people say they are not attracted to black ladies, I just laugh a little inside, because I know of MANY that could get any man to drop his pants in 1.7 seconds.
    Still not attracted?
    You cant say "i find it funny when people arent attracted go their own gender, because i know of MANY dudes/girls who could get any dude/girl to drop their pants in 1.7seconds"
    Doesnt work that way :P you like what you like, and you dont like what you dont like

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

1.3 under optimal conditions.

You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Prejudice=/=Racist
    racism = prejudice against a race.

I've never seen a black woman I was attracted to. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I'm leaving a feedback. However it seems if I do so, I am going to be judged by all as a "hater". Do you see my issue? It's not just youtube, it can be everything tbh.
    Feedback will always get feedback if there is something to feed on.

This happens to "positive feedback" aswell. In the case of what is a good video or not, saying something is bad tends to awake more curiousity than "Wow, this rocks". People aren't interested in knowing what rocks, when it's easier to pinpoint something negative than postive. In the case of a debate(for example about racism), you get feedback on feedback both ways(if you judge the "negative" and "positive" by what is socially accepted opinions), because these are subjects which causes discussion. In your "racism" case, the feedback is based on misunderstanding and different views of what is considered racist.

With that said, no, you are no racist for being attracted to specific races. The ones calling you racist, are doing so because they are attracted to a wider variety of races, and don't understand that it is possible to be more limited. People not understanding that people are different, is extremely common. They call you racist, you can view them as narrowminded.

- - - Updated - - -

As some others have already pointed out. It doesn't work that way.

Skin colour can be compared to two already mentioned examples; obese or not obese, for example. Or gender. If you are a male, would you drop your pants over the hottest males in the world?

Skin colour, or any clear feature that defines a race, are usually so distinct features that they for many will reveal what they are not attracted to, and what they actually are attracted to. Don't try to claim otherwise just because you have a wider variety of what you find attractive.

Most people can see what others may find attractive, but that doesn't mean they are feeling attraction over it themselves.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2014-05-27 at 07:24 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post

Skin colour can be compared to two already mentioned examples; obese or not obese, for example. Or gender. If you are a male, would you drop your pants over the hottest males in the world?

Yep and don't judge me.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Yep and don't judge me.
    What's there to judge? You clearly have a much bigger pool of people to pick from, should you want something :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That's why I meant it's kind of .. messy.

I didn't mean that people aren't allowed to give me feedback, but the feedback they give me is feedback on feedback. My feedback was on singers, videos etc. However these feedbacks were on my feedback, almost as in not allowing me to have a opinion on something and therefor they usually suspect I'm jealous or rude.

As in " I am allowed to review or give feedback to everything as long as it's not a human being such as singers, as soon as I do I'm a hater ".
    It really depends are you a fan of the singer and just don't like a new song? Are you not a fan of the singer and just wanted to give your opinion on something you don't enjoy away? Were people talking about how they think the singer looks good and you had to give your opinion on not thinking black women are attractive. We have no way of knowing if you are a part of the haterdom or not because it boils down to motives.

Being attracted sexually to someone or in general terms to a certain race doesn't make you racist.

In terms of opinions, you have a right to say what you want about a youtube video if you want to. Most criticisms by anyone for any reason, no matter how well thought out, or how nice will be taken negatively. If you are trying to critique the actual artist on their song, then a true artist will be able to take that and use to make themselves better. Granted that depends on the actual critique. Saying "That song sucks" without stating your opinion on why it sucks, doesn't do much and will draw negative responses.

First, there will always be people who cry racism about pretty much anything, because if you look hard enough for racism, you can usually find it (even when it isn't there).
    Second, there will always be people who disagree with you on the internet when you share an opinion, no matter WHAT that opinion is. You can share the opinion that you think it's nice to give candy and teddy bears to orphans, and some jackass will come along and blame you for childhood obesity.

So my advice to you is: Know that your opinion can and will be harshly criticized on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'd say just ignore people on both accounts. Seems some people can't stand having someone not agree with their taste, as if it was a personal insult to them that you don't agree. People need to get over this attitude that if someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't necessarily mean they are saying you're wrong, and if they do then both are acting silly.

As for the "racism," if we're just talking about relationships I think it's fair for humanity to agree that there is nothing wrong with every person having their preferred "flavors." I assume some may take an offended stance if they've been turned down once by someone of another race that wasn't into them, but really, preferences in potential mates is a personal matter.

I would agree with others on this response, but add that I think with most people it's not necessarily skin color as much as common body type. For example, for me, I find Halle Berry extremely hot, but I don't find Beyonce very hot. I'm just not into big(ger) booties that are typical with black women. Same reason that CoCo, Ice T's white wife I do not at all find attractive.

So yeah, there are some black women that could get me to drop in 1.7, but I think that's probably true of pretty much every ethnicity. Just depends.