Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Ok, I have same problems here with Rogues. I am a Shadow Priest, I have very good pvp experience and I am in full Prideful gear. A well geared and experienced Rogue is able to kill me without me having the chance to cast more than a couple of instants. Their opener gets me to 40-50% of my Hp and when I use my Trinket and manage to get a fear all they have to do is trinket, blind me, wait to get out of combat and finish me of after they stealth again. I dispression their cloak of shadows and use my shadowfiend to keep dps on them but after that, they can vanish and start on me again. If I try to run away, they use sprint or teleport behind me...... It seems that my class has no chance on Rogues. I know the game is not balanced for 1v1 but it is just rediculous that in most of the times I can't even cast a thing.
    Hmm, I can't say I'm that great at explaining stuff, so I'm sorry if I might be unclear.

First off, depending on the rogue's CD usage, you want to use dispersion. If the rogue uses shadow blades in the opener, don't be scared to disperse it. Just disperse and depending if the rogue used cloak of shadows or not, fear him to force an early trinket. If he blinds you and restealths, so be it cause you'll most likely be at 90% hp anyways.

Next time he opens he might use his shadow dance. Trinket it and fear him and put your pet on him. Apply your dots and go ham on him. It's also important to fake your casts as well. You can't just eat a rogue's interrupt since it's 5 seconds long instead of 4. If you do get kicked, spam flash heals OR Spectral Guise. Don't underestimate how strong spectral guise is. Even vs a rogue's opener it's huge. You could trinket > spectral guise > fear OR trinket > spectral guise > apply VT and SW:P. If he's stupid enough to cloak it, it means you'll be able to kill him in a Psychic Horror.

Also depending if you play with roots or psyfiend, you can place your psyfiend right before the rogue opens on you and the psyfiend will fear the rogue for you. Even if it's only to apply some pressure on the rogue while he's in stealth so you can heal up.

Basically what you want to do is rotate your CDs carefully. Rogues can only burst extremely hard once every 3 min, 20-30 seconds after that and after that they won't be able to really burst for one minute. If you disperse the rogue his shadow blades, it means he will only use his shadow dance and mark for death left. If you trinket while he's shadow dancing, you'll have 1 minute to kill him or force major CDs like vanish and cloak as well as build up some orbs.

If he shadow blades, shadow dances AND cloaks in the opener then it's even easier. You just disperse ASAP and he won't have any burst for 1 minute.

When he has his shadow dance back up, you can trinket it and after that you can disperse his next shadow dance after which you can trinket his shadow dance again.

You should also use Glyph of Divine Protection. It's amazing on a 1 minute CD.

if we're talking 1vs1 you should be unbreakable spirit and divine prot is 30 seconds.