Thread: UH Or Frost?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntoredk View Post
    I meant the BIS one. I just don't know if it's worth breaking 4pc without shoulders to go along with it especially because I don't have it fully upgraded either. I'm using h thoks and h eye both 4/4(haven't gotten lucky with hwf versions dropping.) Does 4pc change the playstyle at all for unholy?
    The 4 set for Unholy doesn't really change it. Still do the same with banking some runic to speed up transforming your ghoul, just your ghoul won't last 30 seconds and instead may be up for a minute or more depending on how many DC's you get out when he's popped.
    Overall secondary stats make up more for more damage then the four set, it's rather weak for Unholy since it is so limited.

Maxweii, I also have some questions about diseases. On majority of the fights do you use roiling blood? I know some people use unholy blight. I'm guessing that is fight dependent. Also with roiling blood, if you blood boil will it overwrite your gamed diseases off your main target? For example in p1 garrosh, say you have big diseases going on him in the beginning and you blood boil when the adds come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntoredk View Post
    Maxweii, I also have some questions about diseases. On majority of the fights do you use roiling blood? I know some people use unholy blight. I'm guessing that is fight dependent. Also with roiling blood, if you blood boil will it overwrite your gamed diseases off your main target? For example in p1 garrosh, say you have big diseases going on him in the beginning and you blood boil when the adds come out.

Afaik Plague Leech is the way to go for singletarget.

My understanding of Roiling Blood is that Blood Boil will cast pestilence from the first target with dots that it hits so in your example it would only overwrite on the boss if it hits an add with dots before it hits the boss (Whichever target you are physically closer to I think but I could be wrong).

OT: Imo Unholy is a more fun spec to play/higher dps, but honestly at this time in the tier just go with whatever you enjoy more.
    Last edited by Cay; 2014-06-04 at 12:40 AM.

I use Roiling for the majority of the fights mainly because I am lazy, there are times where Unholy Blight plays into the Festerblight 2.0 style play. It allows for easier application of max strength dots, but I wouldn't say it's "required" to do it, just helps your chances of getting super dots.

Say you have two target, A and B. You have stronger dots on B then compared to A. If you roiling from A to B, you destroy the stronger dots. However if you roiling from B to A you keep them, but A does not get the stronger dots as it's still based on your current AP not from the dots on the mob.

Cay, Plague Leech shouldn't be used as Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I use Roiling for the majority of the fights mainly because I am lazy, there are times where Unholy Blight plays into the Festerblight 2.0 style play. It allows for easier application of max strength dots, but I wouldn't say it's "required" to do it, just helps your chances of getting super dots.

Say you have two target, A and B. You have stronger dots on B then compared to A. If you roiling from A to B, you destroy the stronger dots. However if you roiling from B to A you keep them, but A does not get the stronger dots as it's still based on your current AP not from the dots on the mob.

Better way of explaining Roiling than me^

I thought using Leech when dots are about to drop and you had procs ready for next application was the common playstyle. Whoops.

Depending on the fight and the amount of haste you run with you will almost never need extra runes like that, even then it's very rare you have a time when you are putting on dots as strong as the ones you are taking off so unless you wana use it every ~2 mins then it's not much worth the effort.

Maxweii thanks a lot for the info!

Hey Maxweii!

I've been scouring the internet for solid advice on unholy PvE in SoO, particularly for normal into heroic. I feel like my gear set is solid but my numbers are lacking. So far a heroic Greatsword is all I've been able to acquire and decided to try unholy a few weeks ago after running 2H frost for a few months. While my numbers are higher than previously, I don't feel like they've scaled with the upgrades I've gotten. I'm currently sitting at 574 and have plenty of room to upgrade (just haven't farmed the valor yet due to RL constraints), and I feel like I'm capping out around 275k dps average. I hit 320k on heroic Jugg last night and that was my best fight all night.

Do you have any tips or tricks? You sound like a seasoned unholy veteran. I was wondering if my lacking the Thok trinket could be a big part of my seemingly subpar DPS. What do you think my numbers should look like with my gear setup?

Armory: Snazgt on Kogath (sorry, can't post links yet)

One last question; how do you feel about plague leech after two scourgestrikes in order to reset them immediately as death runes? (assuming Outbreak is off cooldown) I feel like this would be a DPS increase as I have no problem with disease application and roiling blood/unholy blight don't appeal to me currently.

Thank you for any help!

I was going to PM you this but just joined the boards today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

Ummm

It definitely can in certain situations.

what...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixonbestdk View Post
    Ummm

It definitely can in certain situations.

what...?
    Ummm

It definitely has no uses in any situation.

what...?

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Ummm

what...?
    It could be good in arena since it allows you to stack more necrotics; however, you lose AoE pressure, which is okay as certain comps like PHD.

I would imagine that in long, mostly 25 man single-target oriented fights it will be good next tier come WoD.

That's because they're getting rid of dot snapshotting.

Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixonbestdk View Post
    It could be good in arena since it allows you to stack more necrotics; however, you lose AoE pressure, which is okay as certain comps like PHD.

I would imagine that in long, mostly 25 man single-target oriented fights it will be good next tier come WoD.

That's because they're getting rid of dot snapshotting.

Just think about it.
    We were talking about PvE, and current content. Not in Warlords or in arena.
    Even come Wod with a single target fight it will still be a loss because Necrotic Plague Festerblight will probably destroy a fight like that.

I've played all 3, DW/2H Frost, and Unholy. Personally i like Unholy better, love having more than 1 CD i can use to burst things when needed. Frenzy, Gargoyle, and even Dark Transformation.

Sucks they are removing frenzy from Unholy thou in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is better on almost all bosses of SoO (full-BiS ofc). With all those 4/4 upgrades and really fast kills (for example - Jugg faster than 3 minutes) Unholy's dps is just awesome, kinda like that.

Yeah, it's pretty funny whenever we can just tunnel one target without ever swapping.

My guild was asking me if dks got buffed again the first time we raided after the patch.

If only UH didn't have to micromanage the ghoul, I would try it out...

Like, if they changed Unholy from ghoul management to festerblight juggling, I would be okay with this.

My ghoul management is generally limited to putting it on passive and /petattacking the boss, it doesn't do enough damage for me to care about putting more effort than that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Ummm

what...?
    Coming from a random no name swine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Coming from a random no name swine
    5/5, would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    My ghoul management is generally limited to putting it on passive and /petattacking the boss, it doesn't do enough damage for me to care about putting more effort than that in.
    Don't you have to constantly be pumping it up to get it to transform?