Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How much mastery is too much matery? [Destruction]

So I'm doing 14/14 normal (on my warrior, 11/14 on my warlock) and I prioritize mastery above anything, but I wonder where the cap is. With only Dark intent, my mastery is at 92.38%. My armory is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ravum/advanced.

There is no cap. More is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iru View Post
    There is no cap. More is better.
    Sweet! That's great to hear!

7+ Year Old Account
    No such thing as too much mastery

Mastery is love, mastery is life.

Mastery it's like Donuts, never too much.

You may find better results with your Mastery build if you spec'ed Grimoire of Sacrifice armory shows Supremacy active.

The only specializations with a mastery cap are the ones who have a chance to do something. Elemental shamans and arms warriors having a chance for spells or abilities to hit twice, for example. Once you reach 100%, there's no additional benefit possible. For destruction warlocks, it's a flat damage gain, so there is no cap on the specialization mastery. Far as I'm aware, there's no diminishing returns either, so you could hypothetically stack it to a billion and it would still be worthwhile to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchlock View Post
    You may find better results with your Mastery build if you spec'ed Grimoire of Sacrifice armory shows Supremacy active.
    Not sure about him but I raid with GoSac but I solo/farm with GoSup. He may do the same thing. I always log out after soloing and don't bother changing the talent until I join my raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchlock View Post
    Not sure if he has the item level for it, my understanding is that Sac only starts to overtake in Heroic gear. Should probably sim it to check, although honestly if he's lacking experience he'd probably get better results from Supremacy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not sure if he has the item level for it, my understanding is that Sac only starts to overtake in Heroic gear. Should probably sim it to check, although honestly if he's lacking experience he'd probably get better results from Supremacy anyway.
    Your understanding is wrong. 100% Mastery, or 15k Mastery, is around the point where you want to switch. That's easily achievable in Flex/Normal gear. You can switch even earlier with KTT. He would actually be able to switch right now if he could get a Flex/Normal Gaze.

Deleted
    I personally use supremacy because I like the optical blast for interrupting and I thought I should only switch to sacrifice when I had 560 ilvl or when I started doing heroic. I went it through SimCraft with both supremacy and sacrifice and the difference is 3k dps.

I only tend to use sacrifice when I'm at bosses like Sha of Anger, Nazgrim, Immerseus, spoils, etc. when I'm also using Archimonde's Darkness.
    Last edited by mmoc168d078880; 2014-05-30 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mherlevl View Post
    I personally use supremacy because I like the optical blast for interrupting and I thought I should only switch to sacrifice when I had 560 ilvl or when I started doing heroic. I went it through SimCraft with both supremacy and sacrifice and the difference is 3k dps.
    As I just said, GoSac is better once you get around 15k Mastery or a little earlier with KTT. If you can, get a Flex/Normal Gaze of Arrogance then you can switch. Also you can sac your Felpuppy for an interrupt.

You can sac a felhunter and get the interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    In T16N gear GoSac w/ Mastery is roughly equivalent to GoSup/Serv w/ Haste/Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Girandzim View Post
    Your understanding is wrong. 100% Mastery, or 15k Mastery, is around the point where you want to switch. That's easily achievable in Flex/Normal gear. You can switch even earlier with KTT. He would actually be able to switch right now if he could get a Flex/Normal Gaze.
    Where exactly are you getting these numbers from?

Going to quote one of the better warlocks here for a moment;

Sparkuggz
    MAY 27, 2014 AT 11:08 PM
    There is no cap you can reach

That's direct from his website. I'd link the post, but I haven't posted here enough to do so.

At ~120% unbuffed, it'll actually be a marginal dps increase to start dumping stats on something else. But most people aren't that geared.

Again, where exactly are you getting numbers from? While you might very well be right, if you're going to claim something, be prepared to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by abulurd View Post
    Where exactly are you getting these numbers from?

Going to quote one of the better warlocks here for a moment;

Sparkuggz
    MAY 27, 2014 AT 11:08 PM
    There is no cap you can reach

That's direct from his website. I'd link the post, but I haven't posted here enough to do so.
    Since reading seems to be difficult for you, let me spell it out. I've probably read, and linked, Spark's guides far more than the vast majority of the Warlock population. I was discussing at what Mastery point it is a DPS increase to switch to GoSac over GoSup. Then again, I guess my first post in this thread doesn't exist which basically says "Always go for Mastery".

I'm currently at 119% mastery unbuffed, and am nowhere near best in slot for destruction. Mastery is the most important stat for destruction and affliction for siege of orgrimmar.