I like resto shaman and resto druid will I enjoy mw

Just wondering if it's worth it for me to level a monk I'm not the biggest fan of melee so it would be a healer
    Nixs

Monks are awful in every way, never lvl them. If you see one ingame, /spit

15+ Year Old Account
    A monk is somewhat between Resto druid and holy pally right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

MW Monk is like a Resto Druid meets a Disc Priest and has a baby. Lots of healing over time, channeling, and a big bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Monks are awful in every way, never lvl them. If you see one ingame, /spit
    Moar loot for me <3

There's better choices, but that's not to say MWer is useless either.

I used to play resto d. I played MW for all of about thirty minutes and decided I'm not a fan. The random nature of a significant portion of the abilities is off putting to me.

Deleted
    here's an idea, try it and see

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely try it. If you have the heirlooms then you combine that with the daily exp bonus quest and level up quickly, although they don't get very many healing tools till you hit 30-40 (surging mist at 32 which is a must and renewing mist at 42) so I would recommend going WW till then.

The random healing nature of MW is a little frustrating but I'm looking forward to the revamp, however there are some things about MW I love; roll, SCK, being able to solo and quest as a healer, also 5 mans are awesome since you can focus on DPS. It's just a fun spec but it does need some polish. When healing you really don't have to stand in melee range as you can cast lightning for DPS and heal from range, it probably helps to do a little melee but far from required unless you are pushing heroic content.

Deleted
    My previous main was resto shaman and a druid for few months, in Throne of Thunder I rerolled and I loved monk for the fast and unique way of healing. The lack of control over our healing didn't bother me that much during progression. Now on farm with all the absorbs form discs and paladins I feel useless on most of the bosses. Hard to say how monk will looke like in few months from now, but I'd say it's worth trying. I'm still having fun playing it, I'm just not that satified when raid healing. Fun class overall, especially for solo content. Give it a try

I actually went from a MW to a RDruid and couldn't be happier. I have far more control over my healing and bring more utility to the raid. MW was a blast to level but I felt almost useless in raids with the majority of my healing being wasted on players with full health. That does happen with my druid but not as bad. MWs have a terrible mastery and so much healing is wasted because of it. The reliance on Renewing Mist to Uplift is horrible design and doesn't look to be changing, which sucks.

Deleted
    Seems like MW playstyle will change in general so it's hard to judge future WoD monk. Maybe ReM+ Uplift won't be our main heals in WoD? Even though monk doesn't bring much to the raid, it has really good survival, can soak lots of stuff and bring also dps, which on 10 man heroic was really helpful and also might be needed on 20 man progression.

For me it's really hard to decide which class I should play in WoD, I just love monk and druid almost the same I wish they can finally give us more information about monk playstyle