Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The irony being that the same poster also made this thread:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post27116888
    I noticed this when I saw the Avatar and had a little chuckle. Tesket, as many others have states here you are in a class all by yourself. I was in Beta twice, 2nd day early access, lvl 50 in 2months and 55 is 2weeks. I could not care LESS about people pwr lvling off KDY. Hell I only do KDY once a day and STILL get 2+lvls a day by either pvping my butt off or running through a planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I seriously wish you could disable Xp at 54 to just stay in those pvp brackets forever
    INDEED, I just found my love of PVP in swtor again and gonna hate it when I have to start the expertise rat race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    I'm sure many other beta vets would agree with me, we aren't getting our proper respect these days
    Seeing as Bioware and EA basically spit in the face of every beta player and preorder buyer when they decided to flip the game's business model 180 degrees after their insolent coup of salvaging WoW's mechanics and paint them with the Star-Wars-franchise while creating 1 month worth of content over what 3 or 4 years of development inevitably failed I'm inclined to agree, we haven't be treated with much respect in this game.

Everything that happened past that point isn't even worth talking about.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    I know, because that would totally negate your ranting and raving and provide ample evidence of what a solid job they've done correcting their mistakes, getting the game on course, and continuing to make it pretty cool. Why would you want to spend time talking about that?
    BAD WOLF

Seeing as Bioware and EA basically spit in the face of every beta player and preorder buyer when they decided to flip the game's business model 180 degrees after their insolent coup of salvaging WoW's mechanics and paint them with the Star-Wars-franchise while creating 1 month worth of content over what 3 or 4 years of development inevitably failed I'm inclined to agree, we haven't be treated with much respect in this game.

Ho boy, where to start...

The business model change has been the best thing that's happened to the game. Why? Because they're finally in a stable position where they can deliver meaningful content on a reasonable schedule. They've turned around the massive exodus of players that came after launch and persisted throughout the first year and have grown to a stable position (last I remember over a million active monthly players and $136M in cash shop revenue last year, which doesn't include subscription and is very solid on its own).

Had they decided to stay subscription and not "spit in the face of every beta player and preorder buyer" (and everyone who bought the game got a preferred account to continue playing with, as well as the ability to resub whenever they want for the same core experience that was there at launch), the game would more than likely be like Warhammer by now. By that, I mean the game would be totally stagnate, with only token support in the form of bug fixes and minor events. That would only lead to the same situation Warhammer had; a dead game that was unprofitable and left to rot until its license ran out and they shut down the servers. I'm sure that all those who had their face "spit in" by the F2P transition would much prefer that scenario.

And yeah, no respect. That's why player housing and guild capitol ships are coming for free (with bonus perks for subscribers) in the next major patch, after years of requests for it. No respec, that's why they delivered (again, for free with a bunch of perks for subs) an off the rails space dogfighting mode in response to players desire for some off the rails space content. No respect, that's why they've dramatically improved the quality, reliability, and speed at which they release content compared to what it was during the first year.

I really don't know what the hell you're going on about.

It is way too quick to level these days - you get 10% bonus xp just for being in a guild, and they got way too many weeklies and noobs are just joining up and kdying to 55 within a couple weeks then making us vets feel like crap, yet no one realizes how some of us have been playing since beta, have legacy level 50, and put a lot of dedication into this game, casual teens just coemone, get to 55 then say the game's boring, and it just seems ridiculous to have so many max level characters walking around - being max level doesn't mean anything because leveling is a joke now!
    You want others to suffer as you have, I get it.

However, who gives a flip?

The only proof leveling offered in TOR before KDY was that one played for X hours before reaching the maximum level. There was no badge of honor for doing so before, it wasn't a particularly prideful accomplishment, just time consuming to varying degrees.

I don't mean to play forum psychologist, but if this is an issue than it seems the problem is unlikely to be experience points.

Is KDY really fast?
    I heard it has a bug during the double xp weekend, so I didn't use it.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2014-06-01 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Is KDY really fast?
    During one of the previous double xp weekends, yes it was not receiving the buff. But they did another xp weekend to make up for it and fixed the problem.

As for leveling...yeah it's pretty damn fast. Especially if you pop any experience boosts you may have lying around. Definitely gets boring, but if you use it as a F2P player to supplement any missing experience, it's pretty great.

Yeah, I think it is best used as some filler (along with PvP, GTF, or whatever other side things you like to do) to allow you to focus on the quests you actually want to do. I really don't understand power grinding it given how important the journey is in this game.

10+ Year Old Account

It sounds like you'd rather have a dead game.

Would you rather play Star Wars, or not?

Let me guess; your answer is going to be that you wish Galaxies was still around.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It is way too quick to level these days - you get 10% bonus xp just for being in a guild, and they got way too many weeklies and noobs are just joining up and kdying to 55 within a couple weeks then making us vets feel like crap, yet no one realizes how some of us have been playing since beta, have legacy level 50, and put a lot of dedication into this game, casual teens just coemone, get to 55 then say the game's boring, and it just seems ridiculous to have so many max level characters walking around - being max level doesn't mean anything because leveling is a joke now!

I'm sure many other beta vets would agree with me, we aren't getting our proper respect these days and people come in and get 55 in a week and act like they know everything. and even with my Founder and Legendary legacy title, these kids walk around like they are the best.
    There was a bunch of players who reached max level a week after early access started. There was also a bunch of players who had already taken down Eternity Vault in less than a month. The fact that you're pissed about newer players doing the exact same thing is utterly laughable. Seriously. Get a new hobby.

Is KDY really fast?
    If you have done the story quests and seen the planets KDY is the way to go. It's really fast.

At earlier levels you can get 1-2 levels per run and there is no down time and thats awesome. No running back and forth to turn in a quest or find "X" thats way the hell off on a entire other side of the map. Just back to back KDY but don't be surprised if you find yourself falling asleep after about the 100th run.

And like Edge said, pop an EXP boost, buy the 30% bonus EXP from flashpoint in your legacy (if you can) and you will level very fast but it can get boring, even with the 6 or so different scenarios and 3 different ending bosses.

and yes, the bug was fixed by the next double EXP weekend.

I'm sure many other beta vets would agree with me, we aren't getting our proper respect these days and people come in and get 55 in a week and act like they know everything. and even with my Founder and Legendary legacy title, these kids walk around like they are the best.
    I see SWTOR has gotten to the stage where people start talking like this now.

Not sure if congratulations or commiserations are in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I didn't use KDY.
    During the double xp, from level 30 to 50, I gain 1 level per hour.

Is that good? or KDY can do better?

Deleted

With double xp, going from 30 to 31 in one hour is nothing to write home about and you can do better in KDY with a decent group. On the other hand, going from 49 to 50 in one hour is really quick.

I see many level 50-54 in KDY as well. With the way bolster works, they tend to be the weakest links in the groups and rather slow themselves and their groups down. Instead doing the daily areas with a guildie or even another 50-54 is quicker and marginally less mind-numbing.

I'm still somewhat tempted to eventually max KDY rep für the mount, but even with double xp, I can't stand more than two or three runs per day. But whoever likes that place, more power to them.

I didn't use KDY.

Yea KDY can do better. It probably does better even without the bonus EXP stuff. There is just so little downtime running KDY.

If you add the legacy FP 30% exp bonus and a 25% bonus EXP buff you can easily gain 1 to 2 levels per run on earlier levels and more than half a level at later levels. I went from level 20 to 31 in one Friday night play from about 8 to 11 or so. I gained 11 levels in about 3.5 hours of play.

I ran KDY till level 48 and could start dailies. Ilum, black hole, section X and even belsavis. Really fast experience without a lot of running around. I did the dailies each day with KDY added in for the remainder of the double exp weekend and I was 55 in no time.

KDY is really fast exp.

Deleted
    Is this now a thing, to call oneself a beta vet? I've played since release and don't even have a level 55 because I only level alts to see the class stories. Since I'm not subscribed, leveling feels like it takes longer now, than when I leveled my first characters over two years ago. I didn't even know I can get 10% more exp with a guild. My advice to you is to not take things too seriously and don't play MMOs too much. I've you're a "beta vet" and you're annoyed by other players who level up fast and didn't spend as much time with this game as you did, maybe it's time to do something else with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Since I'm not subscribed, leveling feels like it takes longer now, than when I leveled my first characters over two years ago.
    That's because it does. Non-subscribers get an experience penalty.

NUb question, what exactly is KDY leveling?

ah so its basically swtors version of wow scenario

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's because it does. Non-subscribers get an experience penalty.
    I know, that's why I said it.

I did a KDY run today, but I barely got any experience out of it, filled about 2 bars. I'd much rather do quests.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-06-04 at 08:35 PM.