Thread: Pay-to-potty.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I don't pay anything for using the toilet at work. Nor have I paid for using public toilets. Water and heating is included in the rent for my apartment, I can use however much I want to and I'd still pay the same money.
    The world extends further than how YOU use the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Flushing is water. Water is billed.
    Unless u dig a hole in the ground and shit in that, thats free.
    Unless u get caught. Since that counts as loitering and pollution.
    In that case yer toilet visit is like 150 bucks.
    its almost like, we pay for it through taxes already...

on-topic, this is a idea that even the kid who literally only had half a brain would be calling you retarded greedy butt-monkey.

these faculties are provided by the school which is paid for by us.
    this is like the restaurant putting the food you already bought in a safe and then asking you to buy the key.
    Last edited by mordale; 2014-05-29 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    The world extends further than how YOU use the bathroom.
    Yeah, and people don't pay for going to the toilet at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    its almost like, we pay for it through taxes already...
    Don't know about others, but where i live you have to pay to use a public toilet; The only advantage is that you get to bypass the bums hitting themselves up in the free ones, and these have toilet roll and smell alright.

Was like a pound or something to use them.

The sooner u start educating, the more they will learn.

If he used it for candy, sure. Although i would explain to him thats the consequence of buying stuff he doesnt need over something he does need when he has little to spend. Prohibits him from buying a 5k tv when his bills are overdue. I would explain to him to always keep enough currency to go to the toilet, and use whatever he saves for candy and other shit.
    I'm pretty sure this is the kind of thing that leads to personality disorders rather than a well-educated child.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    Don't know about others, but where i live you have to pay to use a public toilet; The only advantage is that you get to bypass the bums hitting themselves up in the free ones, and these have toilet roll and smell alright.

Was like a pound or something to use them.
    around here its generally expected that if its public owned and payed for it shouldn't have an additional cover charge.
    cause thats what "public" means, everybody owns it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    around here its generally expected that if its public owned and payed for it shouldn't have an additional cover charge.
    cause thats what "public" means, everybody owns it.
    Then the difference is in the meaning. We have those pissing buckets popping up from the pavement during nighttime when people go out.
    Those are public and free. At the same time, the bathrooms in clubs all public can use are payed.

Deleted
    Then the difference is in the meaning. We have those pissing buckets popping up from the pavement during nighttime when people go out.
    Those are public and free. At the same time, the bathrooms in clubs all public can use are payed.
    Clubs are private owned...

When I was in school we had to get a hall pass to go to the bathroom. If they teacher said no then we had to deal with it and wait. Sounds like the kids didn't go at all on their breaks if they had to go that bad in class.

meaning is the same, your understanding of the English language isn't.
    public means its publicly owned and maintained, and you don't and can't charge someone to use whats theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    When I was in school we had to get a hall pass to go to the bathroom. If they teacher said no then we had to deal with it and wait. Sounds like the kids didn't go at all on their breaks if they had to go that bad in class.
    Because everyone can pee on demand at that age.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you trying to compare a club to a school?

For the next 10 years those kids will simply be known as pampers and huggies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Businesses are privately owned. They may choose to allow the public to access their facilities, or not.

A bathroom at a local park is paid for through taxes by the general public. The bathroom is literally owned by the public. So charging people to access something they've already been charged to create is not tolerated.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Yes your point is simple and stupid. There are times where even adults have to go (e.g. diarrhea) and in the case of kids more often than not they usually don't notice that they need to go until the last minute. So, while it could be argued that an adult should be able and is expected to hold it until break time, a kid simply cannot and it shouldn't be expected of them to do so.

While I am not a parent myself, I have a younger brother and I've told him that if he needed to go during class and the teacher wouldn't go to simply walk out and my parents or I would deal with the school later. To your last sentence, fuck you and thankfully you don't have any authority over the little kids.
    Honestly, if a kid hasn't learned to hold it in by grade 4 or 5, then that's another issue altogether. Again, this is 5 or 6 years AFTER they've been potty trained. That's longer than they've been alive. We are not animals, and as said, even our pets can hold it longer than you seem to be suggesting a human can. And that's a pet we've potty trained. So why do we seem to think a kid would have less control than the pets we trained?

So, I stand by my last sentence, I don't think this system is good, but then neither do I sympathize with the kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, basic needs should never be restricted in such a manner. A false currency for the sole purpose of rewards is acceptable, going to the bathroom is not something that should ever be tied into any form of reward system.
    Basic needs in life are always restricted. Food, clothing, shelter? Last I checked everyone has to pay for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't pay anything for using the toilet at work. Nor have I paid for using public toilets. Water and heating is included in the rent for my apartment, I can use however much I want to and I'd still pay the same money.
    Just because you don't personally pay for it, doesn't mean that cost isn't factored into your rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    And it is, but you're typically expected to go to the bathroom during the designated bathroom breaks (between classes). That wasn't a difficult concept for me over 20 years ago, so I can't imagine it's difficult for today's children.
    your digestive system doesn't work on a schedule.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Just because you don't personally pay for it, doesn't mean that cost isn't factored into your rent.

It's been explained a few times how some people don't have to pay for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote? My rent won't get higher no matter how much water I use, nor will it get higher if I turn all the radiators on full.

Did you even read what I wrote? My rent won't get higher no matter how much water I use, nor will it get higher if I turn all the radiators on full.
    They may kick you out though for that.