Timelss Isle Illustrates the Flaw of Level Segmented Zones

After 10 years WoW boasts massive amounts of zones and land masses. Yet virtually every max level character who is not running some kind of instance has to cram into tiny, cramped, over-crowded Timeless Isle in order to find level appropriate content.

On my server it's a major struggle to find enough living mobs in order to do your daily kill 20 rares quest unless you try super late at night or early in the morning. Often it looks like a WWI battlefield with practically every mob in the zone laying scattered about lifeless.

There must be some way to make old zones playable for higher level characters. Send me back to the Jade Forest or Thunder Isle and scale up the mobs to my level or something. Anything would be better than yet another trip round round Tiny Isle.

no, there needs to be even more ppl, all the better to sacrifice your blood to Ordos!
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    On my server it's a major struggle to find enough living mobs in order to do your daily kill 20 rares quest unless you try super late at night or early in the morning. Often it looks like a WWI battlefield with practically every mob in the zone laying scattered about lifeless.
    I think you're probably exaggerating considering that even at Timeless Isle's peak it wasn't like this on my server and I sometimes have to wait for a queue just to log in. But anyhow... Why not try to find a group? The coins and kills for the quest are all shared, and your increased kill rate will more than make up for the fact that you have to split drops among your group members.

- - - Updated - - -

There must be some way to make old zones playable for higher level characters. Send me back to the Jade Forest or Thunder Isle and scale up the mobs to my level or something. Anything would be better than yet another trip round round Tiny Isle.
    They actually did this in 5.3 in the Barrens. I enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After 10 years WoW boasts massive amounts of zones and land masses. Yet virtually every max level character who is not running some kind of instance has to cram into tiny, cramped, over-crowded Timeless Isle in order to find level appropriate content.

Yeah send me back to the jade forest, I haven't been there enough yet. Leveling 9 alts through that zone left me wanting more. Thunder Isle was awesome! for 6 months. Then I had done it a million times. Yeah send me back there to get my new stuff in an old zone, a zone that I'm completely bored with.

Something tells me you weren't subbed for the whole last 2 years... and god forbid you have to compete for mobs. Isle of Quel'Danas says "hello there I was the most popular zone in the history of wow and I was packed every day all day with players"!

The barrens was interesting though. For about a week.

Give this guy more content and /thread.

It isn't a bad idea, but you'd need to level up tons of content in order to have the variety to achieve what you are asking for. Ideally, all content would be leveled up and you would simply unlock new zones through leveling rather than the current system. At that point, when all zones are potentially available, you could move whatever grind was warranted by the content to a different area every couple weeks.