Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question With WILDSTAR launching soon do you think itll be a true WoW Killer?

A lot of my friends who have been beta testing WS say that its gonna be a pretty successful MMO from the looks of it. I'm very curious and want to try it out and wanted to know if anyone thinks itll finally kill off WoW.

Deleted
    it won't be a WoW killer, but it will probably steal some subs, how many subs is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    A lot of my friends who have been beta testing WS say that its gonna be a pretty successful MMO from the looks of it. I'm very curious and want to try it out and wanted to know if anyone thinks itll finally kill off WoW.
    "let's turn towards an enemy and press a button and hope they don't move out of it" No.

Deleted
    Of course it will, just like all other MMOs before it.

Deleted
    Doubt it. It may well be able to gather it's own market, and it does have some amazing ideas (Proper housing, ability to play for free and custom BGs as examples). But WoW will literally not be killed by anything but Blizzard pulling the plug at this point.

It won't be a WoW killer but I see it having more success than other MMOs that have launched since then.

No! Blizzard/WoW itself will be the only thing to kill WoW. Stop trying to make things "WoW Killers." All that does is make the Wildstar fans and even the game itself come off as childish. Knock that off. Why can't you just let a game be its own game?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Can we stop with the "It's going to be a WoW killah!" thing? Please? That's just dumb how some people keep trying to paint a target on WoW to bring it down...

pls just learn from the past

There never will be a WoW killer but at the same time I don't think Wildstar will fail. I think it'll be alright in terms of subs but I don't think it'll blow WoW out of the water.

Game will be dead within 6 months.

Deleted
    At this points it's like "hey guys heard of this new religion? Do you think it will steal all our believers?"
    No it wont - our fundies don't care about new religions.

It'll become SWTOR 2.0.

It wont kill wow. I think it will do pretty well altho there are a few things they shoulda changed before release like the exiles capital being a shithole, pricing on housing upkeep, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    It'll become SWTOR 2.0.
    SWTOR made near 150 million dollars last year....
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there's this thing coming out this December that will be a WoW-Killer:

Warlords of Draenor.

Also: I'd wager wow would lose more subs to Destiny's release as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Game will be dead within 6 months.
    And this is what stupid people say.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    It'll become SWTOR 2.0.
    Become free to play with micro transactions designed to milk the player into buying even the basics, like being able to toggle the helmet on/off or getting all the loot from quests?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be more successful than any other new MMO in recent time, but I think the first 20 levels are going to turn away anyone who just wants to try it out with little knowledge of the game, which is most people. I imagine a good number of wow raiding guilds will play it for at least a little while until WoD comes out. I don't think it holds any water vs WoW itself though. The fact that we are in a big content drought until WoD is going to help WS a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    SWTOR made near 150 million dollars last year....
    Did I say it was a bad thing? Or did you assume that? Because it sounds like the latter...If that's the case, that maybe it's worse than you assumed.