Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How can you trust UKIP to represent you in the European Parliament
    i just love this part of the quote, im howling with laughter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    So, please, just ignore the fruitcakes and loonies in UKIP, they are loud, but not representative.
    it would seem the political commentators would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    Answer the question.

UKIP MEPs take the expenses, they take the salary, they take the perks. But they don't do anything. By voting for UKIP, you gave those 24 people a hundred thousand pound non-taxable salary (that comes out of the taxes that you pay, by the way) for doing bugger all.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-05-29 at 03:26 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

it would seem the political commentators would disagree.
    If UKIP fails to "improve" the situation they will fall hard coming the next elections, and since they don't have a majority or even councils, it can only be accomplished in coop with other political parties, which will increase sympathies for the established parties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    There's been plenty of people throughout the UK who have become disillusioned with the EU long before UKIP became a prominent party. UKIP are simply the latest scapegoat as it's easy to paint their supporters as 'racist' instead of applying a bit of critical thinking and looking at why a growing number of people have become weary of the country's membership within the EU.
    I just have to say that I've been reading your posts lately and I agree with almost everything you say.

Yes, UKIP use a lot of propaganda. That doesn't change the underlying fact that people are genuine concerns about the European Union. They aren't the only party that are sceptical of the EU. The Conservatives, and even *gasp* the GREENS are Eurosceptic, albeit representing different sides of Euroscepticism. Ed Milliband says that the next election will not be fought on the issue of the European Union, and he's right. But that doesn't mean there aren't a significant number of people who don't support UKIP but do have concerns about the European Union. I believe an earlier quoted figure was that 54% of the country supports European Union membership. That's barely a majority, meaning that 46% of the country does not believe in the European Union or is at least unsure of how it is benefiting them. These are real concerns that should be addressed.

The problem with Politics is that people aren't willing to be self-critical. Instead, they'd rather just insult people whose views conflict with their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayaryu View Post
    The problem with Politics is that people aren't willing to be self-critical. Instead, they'd rather just insult people whose views conflict with their own.
    absolutely, mate. you have that spot on.
    hence why until these last local/euro elections, the main 3 parties here in the uk were pretty much dismissive of ukip & were still saying as much, but in lesser tones after the elections.
    even then, the so called main 3 parties were begrudging in their acceptance that ukip had actually faired quite well.

absolutely, mate. you have that spot on.
    hence why until these last local/euro elections, the main 3 parties here in the uk were pretty much dismissive of ukip & were still saying as much, but in lesser tones after the elections.
    even then, the so called main 3 parties were begrudging in their acceptance that ukip had actually faired quite well.
    They didn't even manage to convince 10% of the electorate to go out and vote for them, and they didn't gain control of a single local council. How is that a success?

Deleted
    "It is over 100 years since a national election has been won by a party other than the Conservatives and Labour”
    Nick Robinson, BBC Political editor.

if its good enough for this chap to say UKIP won, its certainly good enough for a discussion on MMO-C.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    3. I have a special rock that keeps away tigers in the US. Never seen a tiger in all the years I've had it. Your argument about the EU and wars is equivalent logic. Think it through.
    Except for the fact that there never where tigers in the US to begin with, I suggest you rethink this statement.

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2...t#.U4oLmvnoSuD
    The UK Independence Party's housing spokesman has admitted making money from immigrants on housing benefit.

Millionaire Andrew Charalambous made £745,351 in HB pay-outs during 2013, the Mirror reported.

The money Mr Charalambous has made will be embarrassing to Ukip leader Nigel Farage, who has called for immigrants to be banned from claiming benefits.

And Mr Charalambous has himself alluded to immigrants as a “massive factor in the overcrowding of social housing”.

When asked if he was being hypocritical by making money from immigration whilst apparently holding an anti-immigration position, the landlord said: “Not at all. We don’t want to get into any business of questioning where people come from. That would be totally unfair.
    The whole platform of the UKIP is hypocritical. If there were to EU immigrants no one would vote for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2...t#.U4oLmvnoSuD

The whole platform of the UKIP is hypocritical. If there were to EU immigrants no one would vote for them.
    Somebody called Andrew Charalambous whining about immigration is mildly amusing.

Charlies* weren't exactly welcomed with open arms by everybody when they came over in 74, and many didn't have a pot to piss in as the Turks had taken everything they owned.

*'Charlies' is a Cypriot insult for London-born Cypriots - so many who came over were called Charalambous which lots of English people couldn't pronounce properly. To an English-Cypriot it's about as offensive as being called a 'honkey' is to any white person, i.e. not at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Somebody called Andrew Charalambous whining about immigration is mildly amusing.

Charlies* weren't exactly welcomed with open arms by everybody when they came over in 74, and many didn't have a pot to piss in as the Turks had taken everything they owned.

*'Charlies' is a Cypriot insult for London-born Cypriots - so many who came over were called Charalambous which lots of English people couldn't pronounce properly. To an English-Cypriot it's about as offensive as being called a 'honkey' is to any white person, i.e. not at all.
    I learned something new today

Now for those finals.... (Ironicly enough, its about english grammarz)